Better to Be Feared Than Loved

The Thin Line Between You and Him

Na Na's POV

"Good morning." Jonghyun greeted as soon as I turned to see his awaken figure. I smiled and Jonghyun kissed my forehead. I didn't want to get up yet so I hugged him and placed my head on his chest.

"You're so cute." Jonghyun kissed my head again and told me. I groaned at his cheesiness and tried pulling away but of course failed. "Can't expect to get away after that."

I laughed a little and made myself comfortable, I'm tired anyways. It was quite peaceful until the bathroom door opened and Taemin popped out and then jumped on the bed.

"Oppa, am I cute? Do it, do it chu~" Taemin sang with an aegyo. Jonghyun just tsked and kicked Taemin off the bed without a reply. I laughed and then got off the bed and into the bathroom. I walked out of the bathroom and saw Jonghyun tackling Taemin.

"Yah, what are you guys doing?" I asked them.

"Na Na! You're boyfriend is trying to kill me." Taemin tried to say with Jonghyun on top of him.

"Call me bling bling again and let's see if you'll still have your hair at the end of the day."

"Yah, Jonghyun. Stop acting like a child and let's go eat." I pulled Jonghyun off of Taemin. Jonghyun wasn't very willing but got off of Taemin after Taemin's struggling.

"You're a terrible hyung." Taemin pouted when Jonghyun was pushed down. Jonghyun did a mehrong and put his arms around me. Jonghyun and I were walking quietly until Taemin ran in between us and put his hands around the both of us.

"Taemin! Get your mushroom hands off my Na Na." Jonghyun pushed Taemin forward and smacked his back. Taemin fell down with a groaned. I tsked at Jonghyun and helped Taemin up.

                                                                              

Krystal's POV

I finally got home and when I got out of the car, I saw Nichkhun on my doorsteps.

"Victoria's not here." I told him.

"I'm not looking for Victoria. I'm here for you."

"Mianh, but I'm not into that kind of-"

"No. I'm-no-that's not it. I need to talk to you."

"Fine." I told him and opened the door for the both of us in. I gestured him to sit on the couch when we reached my living room.

"Get the guest a drink." I told one of the maid walking past.

We were sitting in silence as I waited for Nichkhun to actually say something… what is he doing? He said he had to talk and all he does it's just sit there. The maid came with drinks and handed them to me and Nichkhun. I took the drink and Nichkhun smiled to the maid with a thank-you.

"Why are you here?" Nichkhun finally began. I gave him a look, not knowing what he was saying.

"I live here. Why are you here?"

"No, why are you back? In Korea? Back in Seoul?"

"Can't I go back home?"

"Is that the only reason?"

"Let's not beat around the bush and just tell me what you're talking about."

"I'm guessing you’re here for Jonghyun?"

"How do you know that?" I asked, kind of impress he was able to put two and two together so quick.

"Well, it seems like your doing something to Na Na-"

"Na Na? I'm guessing you had a talk with Victoria… she was never good at keeping shut."

"Isn't she your friend? Why do you talk like that about her? Why are you lying to her?"

"If you're here to lecture me, you should just go. Victoria isn't just a friend, she's my best friend. Am I not allowed to be honest about my best friend? And I never lied to her."

"Really? Telling her Na Na is some low class that's out to get every rich guy's money, and then make her put those pictures-"

"I didn't make her do anything." I corrected him.

"Whatever. Looking besides that, if you're trying to break Na Na and Jonghyun-"

"What are you? I thought you love Na Na, why are you trying to keep them together."

"I do love her, and I want her to be happy-"

"And what? Being with Jonghyun is going to do that? Had it ever cross your mind that maybe she might not be as happy with Jonghyun as she may be with you? Na Na might be happy right now but she's not going to in the future."

"Yeah, that's why I'm here. To stop you from whatever you're going to do in the future."

"I don't have to do anything because everything's going to work in my favor." "Manipulating isn't going to always work in your favor."

"I'm not going to have to do anything for those two to break up. Jonghyun's parents are coming back soon- his mother isn't fond of Na Na and she is very good at getting rid of people she doesn't like. Na Na and Jonghyun will break up soon. Just watch." I explained and put my head back against the sofa.

"You seem so sure of it."

"Of course, her mother did tell me."

"Don't you want Jonghyun happy?"

"Are you at that again? Na Na and Jonghyun can be happy even if they aren't together, they can surely be happy with someone else. Na Na can be happy with you. Jonghyun's going to be happy with me." I reasoned. And I'll be happy too.

"That might be, but don't you see them now-"

"That's all just the honeymoon phase. They're not going to be like that after a month or two. Jonghyun  shouldbe happy with me."

"One day Krystal, you're going to grow up and realize what you said is stupid and immature. You're going to regret it because I can assure if you and Jonghyun do end up together, there's no happy ending there. Jonghyun isn't going to be the only one capable of loving you. You're the kind of girl that seems confident but it's actually insecure because you don't think anyone can love you."

"You shouldn't just go around making assumptions like that. You know nothing about me."

"I know plenty, especially about girls like you. I grew up around them. "

"And I know you're just that nice guy who always insist on doing the best for the one he loves. If you really want what's best for Na Na, you'd tell her to break up with Jonghyun before things get worse."

"As y, and manipulative as this font you're putting up, you're not a hateful person. I do hope you chose to do the right thing when and if the time comes, because I really think you can. Don't push people away by doing stupid things."

                                                                                                     

Jonghyun's POV

"Ugh, even a five star hotel can't make proper coffee. What is this?" Key complained and put down the cup of coffee.

"Taste fine." Minho took a sip and told  Key.

"Must be the commoner coffee getting to me. Na Na, let's go get some poor people food." Key suggested.

"I don't know if I should take offense to that." Na Na looked up from her orange juice.

"Yes noona! Let's go!" Taemin  stood up and smiled.

"Taemin, don't stand and yell like that. People are staring." Onew lectured and pull him down.

I paid the bill for just the coffee and I must say, we people definitely overpay for coffee compared to the one Na Na drinks. We left and got into my car, driving around to look for a place to eat. Na Na pointed us to a random restaurant so we decided to eat there.

"Annyoaseyo, I'll be taking your order today. My name is Byung Hun." The waiter came and handed all of us a menu. We first ordered drinks and read the menu as we waited for the guy to come back. The guy came after a while and placed the drinks on the table. Na Na took a sip from her coffee but it was probably too hot, causing her to almost drop it.

"Gwenchana?" the waiter asked as he caught the drink.

"Ah, deh. Gomowa." Na Na smiled at him and the guy smiled back before he left.

"Whooo." Onew, Minho, Taemin and Key sang when the guy left.

"What are you guys doing?" I glared at them.

"Are you blind, Jonghyun? He was flirting with Na Na." Key said as-a-matter-of-factly.

"He smiled at me because I did. And it's his job to." Na Na rolled her eyes and picked up her coffee.

"That's right." I agreed and ignored their don't-listen-to-us faces. After a few minutes, the guy came back and asked for our orders. Everyone ordered, leaving Na Na to be the last.

"I'll get the French toast." Na Na decided after reading the menu.

"Anything for the pretty girl." the guy smiled and left, causing me to choke on my coffee.

"Whooo." Onew, Minho, Taemin and Key sang again, earning a glare from me. I tsked and scooted my chair closer to the unaffected Na Na.

"Na Na." I whined.

"Wae?"

"Don't talk to him anymore! He's flirting with you…"

"He's just a waiter Jonghyun, we'd never see him again."

"But-"

"Don't be such a baby Jonghyun." Key said aloud.

"Jonghyun should worry. Maybe Na Na will fall for the guy and come here everyday without Jonghyun. One day, on a cold rainy night, Na Na breaks up with Jonghyun." Onew dramatically narrated .

"After that, they get married, then move into a big house and have three beautiful kids. Leaving Jonghyun lonely for the rest of his life." Minho joined and let out a dramatic sigh. 

"Yes, then I became a serial killer, with you two on the top of my list." I threatened and shot them a shut-up look. The waiter came back with our food and the entire time, all he did was smile at my Na Na. MY Na Na! I glared at him but he probably didn't notice because he was drooling over my Na Na.

After the waiter-thing left, I scooted my chair even closer to Na Na. I took Na Na's French toast and began cutting it for her.

"Ahh!" I put the toast up to and waited for her to open . I heard a bunch of snickers but ignored it and smiled brightly at Na Na. My Na Na.

"Bowh-" Na Na asked but was interrupted when I put the French toast in .

"Aigoo. My girlfriend is so cute." I said loudly and gave her a peck on the cheek. I looked around but sadly, the blond waiter was not in sight. I huffed and took a bite from the French toast. I kept eating it as I waited for the guy to show up again.

"Jonghyun, stop. You're eating all my food." Na Na tsked and took the fork away from me.

"Mianh... Here, have some of my food." I suggested and put a piece of my waffle in . I smiled and wiped the food at the corner of Na Na's mouth.

"Oy hoy. I'm eating! It's early in the morning, so stop with your lovey dovey-ness." Onew told me.

"Why, jealous?" I teased.

"No, but I know you are." Onew stuck his tongue out. I took another piece of my waffle and put it in Na Na's mouth.

"Stop. I don't like waffles." Na Na pushed my hand away and went back to her French toast.

"Here, noona. Have some of my sausage." Taemin sat up a little and put his sausage in Na Na's mouth. I was about to slap his hands away but Na Na already ate it.

"Gomowa, Taemin. It's good." Na Na nodded with a smile. I tsked and took sat up a little, reaching for Taemin's food.

"Hyung!" Taemin groaned when I took his plate of food. I tsked a couple of times and gave him my food, which then kept him satisfied and quiet. I cut the sausage and fed Na Na.

"Jonghyun-"

"Wae? You let Taemin feed you!"

"No, you eat too." Na Na pushed my hands away.

"Feed me." I commanded and gave her my fork.

"Jonghyun."

"I'm not eating unless you feed me." I told her when I saw the blonde waiter at the corner of my eyes.

"Here, let me." Key put his food in my mouth.

"Aigoo, Jongkey is so cute." Minho said too loudly, and from what I saw, the blonde waiter heard too! Aish! Now he's going to think I'm gay and my Na Na available!

"Good, right yeobo?" Key asked and fixed a strand of my hair. I pushed his hands away, trying to make this seem not as strange as it does.

"Yah-"

"Mmm! Yummy, right?" Key shoved another spoon in my mouth. I pushed his hands away and shot him a stop-it look.

"Stop, you're making this look weird!"

"Jonghyun, why are you being so mean? You're never like this when we're home alone!" Key made up and pretended to look like he's hurt. 

"Apologize, Jonghyun." Minho fake gasped and lectured me.

"You-"

"Jonghyun, people are staring! Apologize before you make a bigger fool of yourself. Stop being such a jerk." Onew went along and said loudly.

"Mianh." I sighed quietly when I saw that people were in fact pointing and staring.

After what seemed like the longest breakfast of my life, the waiter guy came with the bill. I threw him my credit card avoided looking at him. He came back with the receipt for me to sign and from the corner of my eyes, I see him  striking a conversation with my Na Na.

"So do you think I-"

"Ahem! Let's go, baby." I interrupted the waiter and dragged Na Na away.

"Jonghyun." Na Na called me when we were outside.

"Mianh." I pouted and hid myself in her neck.

"You're such a child sometimes." Na Na sighed but kissed my on the cheek. I grinned and gave her a kiss. I looked up when I saw Key, Minho, Onew and Taemin coming towards us and laughing their butts off.

                                                                                 

Krystal's POV

I opened the box and admired the earrings. It was quite a beautiful pair of bucaletti… yet I can never put it on.

"You are tough and beautiful, just like this pair of diamond earrings. Most importantly, you'd have my heart where ever I go." Jonghyun told me when I opened the box.

Stupid Jonghyun… Liar… I don't even have half your heart anymore. Maybe Nichkhun is right… Maybe if I don't be such a all the time, I can find another good guy and people won't be so scared of me. I looked up when my door opened.

"What is it?" I asked the maid after a cough to adjust my voice.

"Victoria-shi is here to see you, miss."

"Tell her I'll be down in a minute." I told the maid and walked to my vanity so I could fix any sign of redness. I took a deep breath and walked down smiling.

"What's up?" I smiled and asked her.

"I talked to Khun." Victoria stood up and told me. I nodded and frowned.

"So… I'm guessing you're mad?"

"Honestly? I don't think so. Let's face it. This wasn't the first something like that happened."

"I'm sorry-"

"No, don't. Don't say that when we both know you're not... You know, I came back to Seoul with this weight lifted off my shoulders. I thought it was just because I was finally home, but now I know it was just you."

"What are you trying to say then?" I squinted my eyes and asked her.

"Just that, there's a reason why you're always alone Krystal. I don't blame Jonghyun for not wanting you back." Victoria said harshly.

"I don't blame Nichkhun for never wanting to take a second look at you." I snapped back harshly.

"Krystal-whatever. I'm done with you, I'm done pretending like you're actually my friend."

"Wow. You know what, just think whatever, You're always so good at that, making it seem like it's never your fault."

"And you're always so good at making people hate you. I actually thought you were just...hiding but no. You really are a . The very reason why you are just going to alone for the rest of you life."

"Has it ever cross your mind that I am a . But what are you? Let's not forget your doings-"

"Only because of you! I see the pattern now, and I don't want anything to do with you anymore."

"Let's face it, you're going to be as alone as I am. You and I are not that different, except I don't lie to myself and everyone else around."

"I'm not lying, I'm changing. And you should too."

"I think you should leave." I challenged her, with tiny hopes that she wouldn't.

"You read my mind." Victoria walked out without another word.

I remember why I'm always like this now… 'can't have people love you, but you can have them fear you'

I screamed in anger as I kept remembering all the rude things she said. I picked up my phone and called Sulli. Let's see who'd be alone by the end of the week. Oh Victoria… don't you know better than to snap at me like that?

                                                                                                                               

Woah, chapter 31 already. I honestly was planning to just write to chapter 20-26 but I'm already at 31 and it's not even ending yet. And I would say my story is doing well with all the amazing readers for this is a kind of cliché story, I guess.

 

Just a few question I ask of all of you to answer, and it'd just probably the only time I'll ask of silent readers to comment because I do want to know what everyone thinks, also a kind of 30-chapters activity...thing... anyways-questions:

 

  1. What was your favorite part or chapter from the entire story?
  2. What do you want to see more of or hope to happen?
  3. Jonghyun or Nichkhun?
  4. Who's your favorite character?
  5. Thoughts on Krystal? I know you all probably hate her but anything you'd like to say about her?
  6. Anyone you'd want to see more of or want to see in the future chapter? A cameo or such...
  7. On a scale of one to ten, how is the story to your liking?
  8. Are the POV changes too annoying or confusing?
  9. Thoughts on this chapter?

 

Completely random question but anyone listened to SHINee's new album/song? My favorite song has to be alarm clock. What's yours?

 

Anyways, enough babbling… Do answer the questions or at least one because it'd help me decide what should happen next. I usually don't ask readers to comment because I am grateful for readers and subscribers alone, but I do want to know what you guys think. So...no presure. >.<

Do it, Do it., chu~