Just Keep Telling Yourself That

The Thin Line Between You and Him

Nichkhun's POV

I opened the car door for Victoria and she giggled as she got out of the car..

"Well if it isn't the two lovebirds!" I turned to see Junho walking towards us.

"We're not dating!" I repeated for the nth time. I hate it when they tease me and Victoria like that. I can' help but feel like cheating when I hear them say such things. I sometimes feel guilty for going to school with Victoria, but we live right next to each other.

"I really don't see why not… Your both single and are totally in loveeeee." Junho sang as he put his arms around the both of us. I rolled my eyes at Junho's sarcastic remark and headed towards the school after getting out of his grasp. I looked at Victoria and saw slight disappointment in her eyes.

"Gwenchana?" She heard me and smiled before nodding me yes. She looked a bit sad but she smiled again and joined up with Junho and the others. Why did she look like that when I rolled my eyes? Don't tell me she was disappointed? I shook those thoughts away when I remembered Na Na. Speaking of Na Na, I wonder if she is at school yet? I turned my head as this is usually the time Na Na shows.

I turned around, finding her as I expected. Something caught my eyes. I also noticed that Jonghyun guy looking at her too. What is he doing? He was obviously flirting with the girl in front of him, but eyes focused to where Na Na was.

Maybe that Jonghyun guy was just looking at the girls behind Na Na.

                                                                                                                   

Na Na's POV

I puffed my cheeks over and over just to keep myself entertain as I walk up to the school. I continued walking until I was up to my locker. Before opening my locker, I got a text for Khun. Stop puffing your cheeks like that! It's too cute. I giggled and noticed the change in his caller id. Khun oppa. I lughed once more before I got my books from my locker. I was about to head to class when someone stopped me with their grasp of my wrist.

"Wait!" I turned to see a super cute boy looking at me.

"Yes?"

"We've been locker buddies for a few weeks now, but you never introduced yourself/ So I guess I have to! I just transferd here a while ago. I'm Lee Taemin!" He smiled and waited for my name.

"Ah… I'm Na Na." I smiled back. Taemin was quite the cheery boy and he even walked me to my class as he rambled about things. I would have personally found it a bother, but he was just so cute. He was like a baby that makes you melt by just blinking. I greeted him goodbye and walked into my class with a slight bow.

I walk to my usual seat and notice Jonghyun in it. Since I spent all that time with Taemin talking, there wasn't enough time to tell him to get out of my seat. Instead, I sighed and took the empty seat next to him. He glanced and see me taking the seat next to him and chuckled.

"Your not mad I took your seat?" I noticed the smirk on his face when he said that. He obviously did it to bother me but I was smart enough to know that me getting irritated is just what he wanted to see.

"I don’t ever recall having assigned seats in this class. Did you expect to push you off the chair and make a big deal about it?" As irritated as I was, I sounded calm. He looked disappointed at my respond.  The teacher came in right after and began the lecture. Since I was no longer in my window seat, so all I did was doodle Khun and my initials everywhere.

"Na Na-shi?" I looked up and saw the question on the board. Even though I wasn’t paying attention, I was smart enough to put two and two together. I smiled and answered the question.

                                                                                   

Jonghyun's POV

I looked to my right and see Na Na doodling with a very concentrated face. "NK+NN." NN was obviously Na Na, but NK? Too bad it isn’t JH. What am I saying? NK... I wonder who that is? Either it was her boyfriend or crush. Both explains her lack of interests towards me, but still- Was her boyfriend/crush so much better than me? Yeah right. I'm Kim Jonghyun. One in a million. She should be lucky I'm here. What am I saying? I look at her. I can do so much better so why am I even having such thoughts?

"Na Na-shi!" the teacher called out, causing Na Na to snap out of her doodling and look up. I mentally chuckle since she wasn’t paying any attention. But I was put to dissapointment when she answered right. I kind of wanted her all flustered and embarrassed but I guess I'll just do that on my own time. Even though she hasn't shown any interest in me yet, she surely can’t resist me too long. There'd be something wrong with me if she does.

The class was finally over and I started getting my stuff, but called out Na Na's name quickly so she wouldn't leave before I do.

"So when should we meet for the project?" I ask her and gave her the smile I know girls just can't resist.

"Oh right. That. How about today after school at-" Na Na was interrupted by that girl this morning. She ran in the classroom and wrapped her arm around mine.

"Jonghyun oppa! So I've gathered up my courage and thought that I should ask you out first!" the girl laughed and stated with confindence. As much as I like a confident girl, I couldn’t help but feel annoyed at her interruption. Not because I like Na Na or anything. I'm just annoyed for no particular reason.

Yeah, that makes sense.

"Why don’t you call me when your free." Na Na laughed and rolled her eyes before turning around.

"Yah! Oppa! Who was that?" I turned my attention back at the girl next to me.

"Huh? Oh just someone I'm doing my project with."

"Ah… I though you asked her on a date. I would have been mad." the girl giggled and wrapped herself around me. Possessive already?

Soon, it was lunch time but before heading to the cafeteria I went to my locker. Well, Na Na's locker. I hid behind a the walls and saw her admiring from what it seems like a crush. So it was just a crush! I deserve some sort of prize for my detective skills, no?

"Yah! The others are waiting!" Key suddenly yell. I glared at him but got a bit scared when he scoffed. I chuckled nervously and quickly ran to his side to prevent a smack in the shoulder.

                                                                          

Na Na's POV

I bit my lip and stared at the two in jealousy. Who can blame me? I looked at them once more before I shook my head and walked to the back of the school, sitting down under the tree I ound. I took out both my lunch and the book I was reading after making myself comfortable.

"Excuse me? Do you have a handkerchief or anything?" a girl asked.

"Oh. Well I have napkins." I then handed her napkin in my lunch. I looked up and saw Victoria smilling at me.

"Are you eating alone? You should come and sit with me and my friends!" Victoria suggested with a friendly tone. This makes it much more harder for me when she's being nice like this.

"No. It's alright." I turned her down as I knew I couldn’t accept because she sits with Khun.

She nodded and waved before walking away. I sighed. I went back to my lunch and book.

Lunch was over and then school eventually ended. I got my stuff and walked out of the school but something hit me in the head.

"SO SORRY!" I looked up and saw a guy coming towards me to help me up.

"It's fine." I smiled and gave him his soccer ball. I then turn around to leave.

                                                                                                             

Key's POV

"Wait! Do I get a name?" I called out at such the rare gir who didn't spaz over her makeup.

"Na Na." she replied simply.

"Nice to meet you Na Na. Key." I smiled and reached my hand out for her to shake it.

"Kind of a weird name." She giggled and shook my hand.

"Well it made an impression didn't it?" I chuckled.  Also the first time a girl thought my name was funny.

"I guess. Well I should go!" She smiled, waved then left. I was going to stop her but I didn’t. As cute as she was, I already have my eyes on someone else. Victoria. My oh so ideal girl made real. We're just friends but I'm still working on it. It'd fall into place though since I am the Almighty Key.

"Yah! Babo! How long does it take to get a ball?" Jonghyun run to me and messed up my hair.

"YAH!" I pushed his hands away from me harshly. He knows I hate that!

"Who were you talking to?" Onew asked changing the subject.

"Oh… this girl named Na Na."

"Na Na? Is she cute?" Minho looked at me smiling.

"Wait! Na Na? Y-you can't. I-I forbid you!" I look at Jonghyun who was looking at me with a stop-thinking-about-it look.

"Na Na noona?" Taemin asked. Noona? Taemin and Jonghyun knew her?

"Noona?"  Jonghyun asked.

"Why do you all know her except me? Do you know her too Minho?" Onew looks at Minho, who shook his head no.

"Well she's mine so stay away!" Jonghyun warned all of us.

"Do you like her or something?" Minho asked.

"Yeah right! But stay away I warn! She's a project in working on-no, with...." Jonghyun studdered.