Never Working the Way You Want It To

The Thin Line Between You and Him

Na Na's POV

I walked down the isle of the supermarket and looked for anything I may need. No… I don't think sick people can eat spicy food. I continued strolling until I noticed a familiar figure. I looked at the far away figure and that person looked back. It was Khun. I bowed a little. .

"Na Na. Hi!" Khun greeted with a bright smile.

"Annyeong. So, what are you doing here?"

"I have learned how useful the supermarket is. And I strangely prefer ramen over caviar." Khun laughed.

"You always had weird taste." I teased. Khun chuckled and looked at my cart.

"Hmm. It looks like you're making porridge. I-is your mother sick?" Khun asked with concern.

"Oh, ani. Jonghyun's sick." I mumbled.

"Ahh." Khun nodded in acknowledgement.

"Yeah, Jonghyun is never one to put on a jacket when it'scold out."

"Well, he's lucky to have you to take care of him."

                                                                                                        

Nichkhun's POV

I looked at the smiling girl next to me. I wonder if this is how she was like when I was sick. But here I am now, helping her shop for her sick boyfriend. Na Na picked up this red box and placed it in my cart before putting one in her cart.

"Chocopie. You loved those." Na Na laughed a little before starting to walk again. I looked at Na Na and pursed my lips. I looked at the chocopie and frowned, you seem to not know how much the little things you do afftect me. I sighed and smiled before catching up with her.

"So, how are things with you and Jonghyun?"

"Good. Jonghyun, he's-he's different than what I thought at the beginning. He's changed, I think."

"Sounds like a typical Korean drama. You changed the conceited player." I joked. Na Na laughed and nodded. And you got over your first love like every other drama.

"Now all we're missing is someone's death."

I laughed and ruffled Na Na's head. Na Na laughed a little and shoved my hands away. I miss this. I used to do this a lot. Is it weird of me to say that I feel sad when I think of Jonghyun ruffling your hair? ...Yeah, it probably is. I smiled and we began walking again. I glance at Na Na as she put some  vegetables into my cart as she kept telling me how eating ramen is bad. I nodded teasingly and commended on what a mom she's being. We continued walking and noticed the mint chocolate chip and placed that in Na Na's cart for her.

"You remember?"

"Of course. You're picky about ice cream. I also remember your weird preference of only lemon flavor yogurt."

"Yah, Khun. How are you going to get a girlfriend if you keep remembering these kinds of stuff?" Na Na joked. I laughed along but my heart ached a little. Don't you know I keep remembering these stuff because I still wished that you might be my girlfriend once again?

"Arraso. I'll make sure to find a good girlfriend and forget these stuff about you." I lied with a smile.  Na Na laughed and oh how I wish you didn't.

"Make sure to find a good girl." Na Na smiled. Don't you know how much harder that'll be when you're telling me things like this?

"Arraso, umma. I  will." I lied again. I'm getting good at this, you know. Lying and pretending that nothing is bothering me.

"Make sure I'll meet her though. I don't want to give my son to just anybody." Na Na laughed and ruffled my hair. I chuckled.

                                                                                                  

Jonghyun's POV

Ughh. My cough attacks are getting worse by the minute. I sat up and took a look around. Na Na still isn't home from the supermarket… I coughed a couple of times before deciding to go see Na Na at the supermarket.

I finally got there and-and I saw Na Na with a supermarket cart with Nichkhun right next to her. I felt a terrible ping in my heart.

I kept myself hidden and looked at the laughing couple. They looked so happy. Almost like a happy married couple. I pouted. I wonder if me and Na Na look like that? D-did Na Na call Nichkhun up? ...why didn't she call me-oh right, because I'm sick. Bu-but that doesn't give them a reason-to-to be together and look so happy! Na Na shouldn't be happy without me!

I sound selfish but I can't help feel jealous. I kept looking at the smile Na Na had on her face. I'm sick, sad, and jealous.

The happy couple laughed again and put the food in their cart. That was before-before Nichkhun leaned in and kissed Na Na-wait! My Na Na! Ah! There is so many thing wrong with this image! My Na Na! Ahh! No! No happy face Na Na! Ugh, and Na Na's kissing back. I walked away from my hiding spot wanting to give Nichkhun a punch but-but they got farther and farther away.

"Jonghyun." I heard a voice called out. The supermarket seen changed to one in my bedroom. I sat up and saw a smiling Na Na with food in hands.

"You're back from the supermarket?" I asked in between coughs.

"I was back a while ago, I made this. Here. Eat." Na Na commanded and sat beside me.

"Feed me." I pouted.

"Jonghyun-"

I began coughing and Na Na just smiled with her rolling eyes. Na Na sat beside me and grabbed  a spoon and fed me. I opened my mouth and ate the spoon of this white thing. I smiled and gave Na Na a quick peck.

"Jonghyun, you're sick."

"But I need to give my baby kisses." I replied and smiled. Na Na just put a spoon of the white thing in my mouth again.

After the coughing and eating, I was put to bed by Na Na. I didn't want to sleep but after the complaining, I managed to get Na Na in bed beside me. I was dying from trying hard not to cough but it's all good as long as Na Na's next to me. I don't want my baby sick. I don't want my Na Na as sick as I am now.

"I had a dream of you." I began.

"That's…"

"No, it's not a weird dream. You were kissing." I pouted and Na Na chuckled.

"You even dream of us kissing?"

"Ani, you were kissing Nichkhun. At a supermarket."

"You know, I ran into Khun-"

"You guys didn't kiss, did you?" I asked sitting up a little.

"What-no. We-we just talked." Na Na replied and I looked at her a little unconvinced.

"He didn't-he didn't woo you… did he?" I asked with suspicion.

"No. We just talked."

"Of?"

"Just, stuff. Normal stuff-"

Na Na stopped talking when there was a beeping going on. It was my door opening followed by heels clicking. Key…can't be…

"Well, I won't lie and say that it's nice to see you Na Na. You can go now, I've got it all taken care of from here on out." Krystal commanded with that look of hers.

"No, Na Na isn't going anywhere. You are. What are you even doing here Krystal? How'd you even get in?"

"Well, your password was still the same. And you're mother ask."

"What a lie."

"It's not a lie, Jonghyun. You're mother heard of my presence back in the city and asked of me to drop by because she was worried no one would be able to take care of you. I'm guessing you have never told her of Na Na. But, I wouldn't want my mother to know I'm associated with such a girl anyways."

"Well, you can leave because I'm doing fine with Jonghyun." Na Na smiled. I was kind of shocked since I don't really remember Na Na ever talking to Krystal, let alone in such a tone. Krystal scoffed.

"Funny. But I don't take orders from the lower class."

"Krystal, please leave." I told her.

"I promised your mother that I'd be staying with you, so I am."

"Your presence is not needed, the door is that way. Go." I said to Krystal with a look. I can't believe my mother is still on with this Krystal thing. I'm going to need to talk to her.

                                                                                         

Na Na's POV

Krystal's stubbornness eventually won so Jonghyun and I gave up. I can't say that I'm liking Krystal here. I looked at the sleeping Jonghyun who looked so peaceful. I sighed before walking out of his room and saw Krystal. Krystal was by the stove, cooking? I can't really tell… I looks like she's trying though.

"Ah." Krystal groaned in pain. I felt bad.

"Jonghyun already ate so you don't have to-"

"Jonghyun can eat again." Krystal snapped and looked back at me. I sighed and just let her be. I'm looking at what she is wearing, and it doesn't really look like a cooking-able outfit. I looked at what I was wearing… this just tells how different we are.

"Arg, why isn't this cooking?" Krystal screamed at herself.

"Did you turn the stove on?" I asked her.

"Do I look like an idiot? Yes, I did! Look, the light obviously indicates that I did."

"Yeah, but you the stove on the right. The one you are trying to use is on the left."

"Nobody asked you."

I shook my head but just let her be. I looked at the clock and saw that it was only noon. I puffed my cheeks… what to do?

"Go home if you're so bored." Krystal suggested with so much rudeness.

"I don't know what you're trying to do. You're at a home of your ex-boyfriend who has a girlfriend. It's not right."

"Excuse me? You're not right. You shouldn't even be here. Not just in this house but in our school. Know that you are not just in high school. You are in high society. Almost a monarchy… I am royalty and you are just...irrelevant. So don't get in my way and maybe your head won't be chopped off."

"What exactly am I getting in the way of?"

"Everything! You're looking at this fairy tale this shouldn't exist. There's a fine line between where you stand and the place Jonghyun belongs. Don't bring him down."

"How on earth am I 'bringing him down'?"

Krystal let out a sigh and looked at me with hands on the counter. Krystal's looking at me like a child, a child who's being how shoes are supposed to be tied.

"In the future, after graduation,  Jonghyun is going to be in the family business. Jonghyun may not be the one succeeding the presidency but he can be. You're just keeping him away from all of it."

"You must know Jonghyun as much as you claim. I don't think Jonghyun wants all of it, he's not the person you think he is."

"He thinks he doesn't  want it. And that's why I'm so much better for him. I can help make the best of Jonghyun. He can be so much more. He just need guidance it the right direction, and you're steering him away from his rightful direction."  

"Krystal, I think-I think that you you're the one looking for a fairy tale. You were probably treated as a princess you're entire life and so you think like one. Jonghyun was your prince but you didn't think Jonghyun's future was enough for you. That's why you left. But you came back thinking you can shape him into a person he doesn't want to be-someone you think fits best for you-"

"Don't make me sound like this controlling princess that es when she can't get her way! Ah! I'm done with you. I am going to feed my sick Jonghyun. You just-just-stay out of my way. There's some soup if you're hungry, I'm sure your used to leftovers." Krystal smiled before strutting into Jonghyun's room. I just sighed and the TV.

"Na Na! You didn't leave me, did you? I don't want Krystal-"

"Jonghyun, just eat. Na Na left you."

"No! I want my baby. Na Na!" Jonghyun called out like a lost child. I laughed a little before getting up and grabbed the medicine and some water on the way. I walked up to Jonghyun and handed him the medicine and water and he obediently took them. 

"Jonghyun's suppose to eat before he eats the medicine." Krystal began.

"Your soup doesn't even looked cook. Jonghyun won't be getting any better eating whatever that is." I snapped at her sick of all of Krystal's nonsense. Jonghyun laughed a little and fell back. Jonghyun sniffed, coughed and took my hands with quite the grip. I laughed at the face he had but stayed in his grip. I looked at the glaring girl above  who was looking away. Krystal rubbed her head with eyes closed before walking away and out the apartment without a word.

Do I feel…bad?

                                                                                                

Krystal's POV

I don't know why but I feel like crying. I never cry, especially-especially at something like this! I don't cry. I quickly walked out of the apartment building and into my car. I bit my lip hard. I looked up and breathed out. I don't cry. Why am I feeling like this in the first place? I started the car and drove away. I just drove and drove and ended at a familiar place. I parked my car by the river and leaned back. I looked up at the beautiful pick sky and let a few tears fall.

I admit. I shouldn't have been so stupid and left. Why did I leave? Jonghyun, you weren't suppose to get over me so easily. You know me, Jonghyun. I'm always doing something stupid, and you've always looked over that. Why can't you look over this? I was stupid and I ran away. I ran away because I didn't know if I loved you back. It took a while but I'm here for you-and how can you get over us so easily? How can you be so happy without me? You shouldn't be happy without me. How am I suppose to be happy without you? What is so great about that girl? She's so...so different from the person I am. How can you fall in love with someone so different-someone so far from your type? How can you fall in love with someone not me?

My phone rang and I grabbed it out from my purse. It was Victoria. I adjusted my voice and answered the phone.

"Hey, what are you doing right now?" Victoria asked the second  I pick up.

"Just, in my bathtub enjoying the last of my valentines day macaroon sent from Paris by my daddy." I laughed.

"Then, finish up because I have reservations at 6. We'd go eat and then do a little retail therapy because I need cheering up."

"What happened now?"

"Let's just say it starts with Nich and ends with Khun."

"Alright. I'll finish up and meet you at your place." 

                                                                                                                    

Na Na's POV

"Jonghyun." I called out.

"Mmm."

"Why haven't I ever met your parents?" I mumbled.

"Do you want to?" 

"I just think it's weird that you never told them you have a girlfriend."

"If it's just Krystal you're bothered about, I'll tell mother to stop with her-"

"No, it's not just Krystal." I lied. Jonghyun sighed and sat up.

"Then why are you suddenly asking about this?"

"Because it's weird I never even met them. Are you ashamed or-"

"What? No! Okay… I'll gave them a call if you want this. Mkay?" Jonghyun assured. I nodded and gave Jonghyun a peck on the cheek.

"Wahh, so this is how my baby gets when she wants something. You should ask for things more." Jonghyun laughed and hugged me tightly pushing me down with him.

"Jonghyun, you should sleep-"

"I napped so much today Na Na, I don't want to sleep again."

"Your sick and-"

"No, I'm better now! I can breath!" Jonghyun proclaimed and took a deep breath. I sighed and bring my hands up to his face. I tsked.

"Well, you're still burning."

"Because you're boyfriend just happens to be hot." Jonghyun joked and put his hands on top of mine.

"Well, I should be leaving now-"

"Yah! Are you leaving your sick boyfriend to be?" Jonghyun asked and coughed. I laughed.

"You said you're feeling better?"

"I'm sick again Na Na!" Jonghyun coughed and coughed. I sighed and got  up only to be pulled down once again. I tsked.

"I'm not leaving. I'm getting you some water."

"Okay, but don't leave me. I'll follow you no matter where you go. Don't you dare leave me!"

"Arraso, arraso." I laughed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The other review came from **Starlight Review Shop**, although it wasn't the highest score, i agreed with it. And i thank everyone who reads this story and makes it better with their comments~~~