Tell It Like It Is

The Thin Line Between You and Him

Na Na's POV

I woke up in the morning to the smell of very delicious food. I walked out of the guest bedroom I slept in and went to brush my teeth. I walked out and headed towards the kitchen. The counter had plates of delicious looking food; croissants, pancake, toast and even chocolate burrito? The chocolate burrito had strawberries inside. My knowledge in food isn’t the best.

I went to sit down and grabbed a fork. I was about to take a bite from the chocolate burrito but the sight of two very scared maid stopped me. They seem shocked to see me but bowed. I bowed back. I didn’t see them yesterday… do they just come every morning? The two maids looked like they'd go back into what seems like Jonghyun's room. Jonghyun. After last night, my views on him changed. Still annoying, arrogant, erted and childish. Not to mention obnoxious at times. But he's not a bad guy.

I was going to take a bite from the chocolate burrito again but I saw the two maids silently arguing, probably who to wake him up. I sighed at the thought of annoying Jonghyun and went up to the two maids, suggesting that I'd wake him up instead. I think they deserve to go home early after making this amazing breakfast.

I walked in his room and towards his bed.

"Yah. Wake up!" I yelled and shook his shoulder.

"Stop." Jonghyun groaned and covered his face with a pillow.

"Yah!" I yelled again trying to yank the pillow from him. I managed while Jonghyun tsked really loud.

"STOP! I'll fire you if you don't!" Jonghyun said irritated and covered himself with the blanket.

"YAH! Do you just go around firing people for doing their job?!?" 

"Na Na?" Jonghyun looked up and groaned.

"Yes so wake up!"

Hitting him a couple more times, he finally got up. I walked out and sat down on the dining tabled to finally started eating. This tastes amazing.

Jonghyun walked out from his room and took the seat across from me looking half asleep. I pushed the plate of pancakes toward him since he didn’t look like he could stay awake for another second. I started digging in on my food. He laughed and took a bite.

I changed into my washed and dry cleaned uniform and waited for Jonghyun. He finally walked out dressed and ready.

"You take more time to get ready than I do." I commented as he began fixing his hair in front of the hallway mirrors.

"Maybe you should be more like a girl." Jonghyun said continuing to fix his bangs.

"Maybeyou should be less like a girl. What's with your hair anyways? Is like 3 different colors."

"Uh-it's 2 different colors. Wae? Girls love my hair."

"Okay." I said sarcastically. I guess his air wasn't bad… it's blonde and brown… I think it'd look better black though… 

"Wae? You don't like it?"

"If I say I do, will you hurry up?"

"If you mean it." He turned and smirked.

"Then we'd never get out of here." I rolled my eyes and fell in the big chair behind me.

"You seriously don’t like my hair?"

"Yes."

"Yes you like my hair or yes you don't like my hair?"

"Can we just go?!?" I asked standing up again.

"You know, this reminds me." Jonghyun randomly said and walked towards me.

"What are you talking about?" I asked starting to step back a bit.

What does he keep coming forward? I stopped when I hit the walk behind me and couldn’t go any further, yet Jonghyun kept coming forward. He stopped when our noses were almost touching. Jonghyun had a very unique smell, a good unique smell.

"You never answered my question yesterday you know… "

I avoided looking in his eyes. Why does he kept doing that? Why do I feel so uncomfortable? My phone then rang. It was Key. I pushed Jonghyun away and picked up my phone.

"Yobseyo?" I said as soon as I picked up.

"Yah. Where are you? No one's answering the door."

"Are you in front of my house?"

"Uh huh. So can you open the door?"

"I-I'm not home."

"Then where are you?"

I was about to make up some excuse but Jonghyun took the phone away from me.

"With me." Jonghyun said annoyed and hung up.

"That was rude." I told him.

"Key was rude."

"How?"

"He called."

-----------------------------------------

Jonghyun's POV

Of course Key would be the one to find a way to ruin the moment. And just when Na Na looked nervous. I looked to Na Na, who was staring out the car window.

We arrived to the school and we walked together to our lockers. At the corner of my eyes, I noticed that Thai guy burning holes in the back of my head. I turned my head and smirked at him. Why is he mad anyways? He has absolutely no right. The Thai guy looked at me with angrier eyes. I don’t know what possessed me to do it but I put my arms around Na Na.

"Y-yah. What are you-"

"I don’t want you to get lost." I plainly said and pinched her nose. Na Na looked shocked. I smiled tighten the arm I had around her waist. Hehe. Na Na kept squirming but I just pulled her closer to me and headed to our class.  

Na Na finally managed to get out of my grasp and sat at the usual seat. I sat next to her and then the teacher came in.

Blah. Blah. Blah. I was trying to pay attention but then I gave up. It was easier to pay attention to Na Na. I sighed a little and put my head on the desk. I was about to close my eyes but someone hit me on the head with something. I groaned and looked up. It was obviously Na Na. Na Na kept on glaring until I finally gave up. I signed and picked up a pencil. I rubbed my head and started paying attention.

After what seemed like hours and hours, the bell finally rang. I walked Na Na out of class and we parted ways. I went to my second period class and took a random seat in the back. This business class was the easiest part of my day. We don’t do anything in here since the teacher knows we'd be in business either we pass or fail. I just wish Na Na was in this class. Someone took a seat next to me.

Well look who it is- I smirked as the Thai guy sat down and gave me a glare.

"Bwoh? You've got something to say?" I asked first and broke the silence.

"Can you pleas-just stay away from Na Na?!"

I smirked. I knew he would say something like this.

"Who are you exactly to tell me to do something like that?"

"None of your business."

"No. None of your business."

He can’t even admit the fact that they dated. I don't get why he had to hid Na Na. It was like he's ashamed of her. .

"Why can't you mess with some other girl?" The Thai guy started saying after a while.

"What makes you think I'm messing with her?"

"What? Do you actually like her?" He asked looking like he was trying to process it.

"What's it to you if I do?"

"It's got everything to do with me."

"No. Actually, it doesn’t. "

"...Why can't you just-just stay away from her."

"Why are we even talking about this? It seriously has nothing to do with you."

"I don't want to see you hurting Na Na."

"Na Na isn't as fragile as you think she is."

"So is that why your messing with her?"

"No. I am not messing with her! I happen to like her!" I yelled back. The guy's eyes looked like they were about to fall off.

"Bwoh? Do you even know her?"

"Do you?" I yelled as i tried to provoke him.

"Yes! I do. And the last thing I want to see is some jerk hurt her because of some of sort of small fascination I doubt will last very long."

"I'm the jerk?" I scoffed.

"What does that suppose to mean?"

"Probably exactly what you think it means."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Nichkhun's POV

The teacher came in before I could ask him anything else. Why does he sound like her knows? Did Na Na tell him? Were they so close? I seriously doubt it. But he was putting his arms around her like she was his.

Aish, I'm going to go crazy. He's obviously just saying that to mess with me. Yeah, that's it. Na Na knows better than to actually like that guy. And he doesn't like her, that guy just has some weird issue with skin ship. But he shouldn't touch her anyways. Why is Na Na letting him touch her? And when he was putting his arms around her, I definitely saw a smirk on his arrogant face.

After the bell rang, I walked out annoyed as ever. I got even more annoyed when I saw the Jonghyun guy go up to Na Na. At least this time he wasn't just touching her, but he leaned in too close and said something that caused Na Na to laugh. She laughed and pushed him. Is it weird that I'm got jealous when Na Na shoved him?

I decided to walk away before I punch the guy. I walked to my locker and someone tapped my shoulder. I turned and saw Victoria with a smile on her face.

"Hey." I greeted and smiled a little.

"Annyeong. How was class?" Victoria thoughtfully asked.

"Fine. You?" I asked wanting to change the subject.

"It was okay. Should we go?"

"Yeah. Sure." I smiled and we walked to class together.

"…I want to ask you something…" Victoria suddenly said.

"What is it?"

"Let's go out. This Saturday."

"I-I…" I don’t think it'd be right to say yes. With Na Na and stuff.

"As friends." Victoria quickly said.

"I guess. Why not?"

I should be trying things with Victoria to know how I feel, right?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------