And So It Begins

The Thin Line Between You and Him

Na Na's POV

Is it weird that I'm dreaming of Jonghyun? This particular dream is really weird though. He's just there. Realistically and not doing anything. Well, he's sleeping. He looked peaceful and really handsome like that. He had a really nice jaw- What am I saying? He took a big breath and moved a little. Wait a minute. Maybe this isn't a dream?

I sat up and looked around. It looked like my room. I pinched myself. Ow. This is definitely not a dream. Then why is Jonghyun here? I took the pencil I saw in front of me and started poking him. Jonghyun started groaning and turned. I poked him again.

"Stop." Jonghyun said in an irritated voice. I started poking him with the pencil again. He tsked. "I'll fire you if you don't." Jonghyun said again with his irritated voice. 

"Yah! Wake up!" I yelled. He didn’t move at all so I shoved him a bit.

"Na Na?" Jonghyun asked and starting to wake up.

"Who else?" I replied this time giving him a shove.

"Yah. What am I doing here?" Jonghyun sat up and asked with a confused voice.

"I should ask you that. Why did you sleep here anyways?"

"Ah… I remember. I got tired and took a nap."

"You couldn't go home and do that?"
"I was tired and I didn’t want to go home. "

I rolled my eyes. I stood up and looked at my phone. I almost fainted. It’s 25 minutes before school. Why didn’t my mom wake me up?

"Y-yah. We have to get to school!" I told him and ran to the bathroom with my uniform so I could change. After I finished changing, I walked downstairs to grab a piece of bread. I noticed a note my mom gave me saying that she had to leave for an emergency business trip. That's why she didn’t wake me up.

Jonghyun came downstairs and handed me my backpack.

"Thanks. " I said quickly, then grabbing my backpack. I wonder if all my stuff was here-

"Let's go." Jonghyun suggested before heading towards the door. We got in his car and he started driving.

Jonghyun drove really fast because of my nagging so we made it just in time. I feel gross since I didn’t even shower last night. I walked out of the car and headed to class with Jonghyun.

We quickly went to first period and took our seats.

--------------------------------------------------

Jonghyun's POV

After school, Na Na suggested studying somewhere else instead, since we ate all the food at her house yesterday. I suggested the coffee shop both Key and Taemin had been ranting about. I'm getting sick of their bragging. We walked in the shop and took a seat. This place wasn't as amazing as they bragged to be. Liars. Na Na got us coffee and we started studying. The coffee isn’t even that good. Hours later, I became hungry.

"Can we eat?" I asked and pouted.

"Why are you always hungry?" Na Na asked looking up from the book. But then her stomach growled. I let out a laugh. 

"And you're not?" I asked accusingly. I chuckled when her rubbed her stomach. Instead of eating something from the coffee shop, I dragged her out of the shop.

"Y-yah… where are we going?" Na Na asked as she put the books in her bag. I didn’t reply and pushed her in the car. I took her to a nearby restaurant to eat there. The coffee shop didn’t look like they sold any digestible food for me.

We walked in and got a table. The waitress came to take our order. Of course, being as irresistible as I am, the girl smiled and kept staring. She also blushed when I ordered. I chuckled and flirted a bit. I snuck glances at Na Na, but she didn't even paid any attention as she just seems star stuck by the food she sees other people eating.   The waitress blushed a little more and giggled before leaving. Why can't I do that to Na Na? Is she?

The food came and we both started digging in. Na Na and I talked about a bunch of random stuff and I decided to finally ask her.

"Na Na." I called her.

"Way-o?" Na Na said with her attention still devoted to her food.

"Are you… by any chance… into girls?" I asked her hesitating a bit when I did.

"Bwoh?" Na Na almost said chocking, "No… I'm not."

"Oh." Oops. I made it kind of awkward now.

"I'm not offended but why did you think that?" Na Na asked after a while.

"B-because you never seem into me." I pouted and played with my food.

"So if a girl isn’t into you, she's suddenly gay?" Na Na paraphrased with a slight laugh.

"I guess it sounds kind of stupid when you say it like that."

"It sounds stupid anyway you say it. I honestly don’t see what girls see in you. Yeah, I guess you're not ugly, but you're really annoying sometimes. And completely arrogant."

"Yah- Wait. You admitted the dinosaur was hot." I pointed out and leaned towards her.

"I said not ugly."

"Well if I'm not ugly, then you must be kind of attracted to me."

"It amazes me at how you're able to twist words around."

"Whatever. But can you really look me in the eye and say that you're not attracted in anyway?"

Na Na scoffed but stayed quiet.

"Why aren't you saying anything?" I asked her accusingly. The waitress came with the bill before Na Na said anything. Did I even ask for the bill? The waitress looked a bit annoyed as she give us-no threw us the bill. The waitress acts like those jealous girlfriends I had, and I don’t even know her name.

I paid and we left. It was raining when we waited for the for the parking guy to get my car. I chuckled and remembered something. I moved closer to Na Na and turned her around so that she was looking at me.

"You still haven't answered you know?" I told her.

"W-what are you talking about?" Na Na asked stuttering a little. I chuckled and moved the strand of hair she had and began leaning in closer.

"You know. If you were attracted to me-"

The guy beeped alarming us that the car was here. What a terrible timing. He is so not getting a tip. Since it was raining, I opened the door for Na Na so she didn’t have to stand in the cold any longer. Guess we'd have to continue this another time.

-------------------------------------------------

Na Na's POV

What is Jonghyun doing standing so close like that? I shook those thoughts out of my head and walked into the car. Why didn't I answer him? I seriously couldn’t have any feelings for him could I? I shook my head and stared out the window. It's raining and I devoted my full attention to the raindrops on the car window and leaned my head to the side, closing my eyes slightly.

I opened my eyes to see a very close Jonghyun  in front of me moving the hair I probably had in front of my face. What does this ert thing he's doing? What is with him and my hair? I pushed him away. I looked out the window and saw that I was home.

"We're here." Jonghyun said after coughing a bit.

"I see that. Thanks, for today."

I took my bag, opened the car door and walked out. Jonghyun also walked out. Does he think I'd trip walking up to the door or something? It's raining pretty hard, so now I'm all wet. I put my hand in my bag to get my keys-oh no… Don't tell me. I rummaged through my bag trying to find it. My keys are always on the hook next to where I put my backpack so how could I have missed it? Wait-Jonghyun got my bag for me this morning.

"Yah, Jonghyun. When you got my bag, did you grab the keys on the hook next to it?" I asked hoping for a yes.

"I don't think so." Jonghyun mumbled.

"Of course not, so what now?" I sighed and closed my eyes to think. I grabbed my phone and called my mom.

"Hey mom." I greeted when she picked up.

"Hey. What's up?" She asked.

"Are you still on the trip?"

"Yeah, I'd probably be back tomorrow afternoon."

"Oh, tomorrow? Okay…"

"What is it? Is anything wrong?" My mom asked, sounding worried.

"No, I was just curious. Goodnight mom." I lied, deciding it was better than making her worry.

"Alright. Goodnight baby." My mom replied and hung up. I groaned after a while.

"What's wrong?" Jonghyun asked after a while.

"I am now homeless until tomorrow. Do you mind driving me to the sauna?"

Jonghyun looked at me like I was crazy.

"You can stay at my house." Jonghyun declared.

"But-"

"Yah. It's kind of my fault so I'd feel bad."

After a bit of Jonghyun's persuasion, I agreed. His place was pretty far. He lived in a really nice apartment building. There was a person who operated the elevators and door, even at such hours.We went up the elevator and up the highest level. We walked until Jonghyun stopped in front of a door. Jonghyun put in the password on the pad next to it and the door opened.

Jonghyun said he'd get me some clothes and left me alone in his living room. I didn't know what to do so I just stood there. By the looks of it, Jonghyun lived alone. This place was very nice. The view's amazing too.

"Here." Jonghyun said handing me a towel and some clothes.

"Thanks…" I said and looked at the clothes. It was a black dress shirt. Is there not pants?

"What's wrong? I don't really have any pants you'd fit into…"

"Do you have a pair of boxers I can borrow?" I don’t feel comfortable wearing no pants around his home…

"Bwoh?" Jonghyun asked sounding totally freaked out. 

"Well you wash it don't you?"

"Yeah, but- fine, I guess is not that weird when you put it that way." Jonghyun mumbled after thinking for a bit. Jonghyun turned and came back with a pair of loose boxer and pointed to the bathroom. I thanked him and headed toward the bathroom.

-----------------------------------

Jonghyun's POV

I also showered in the other bathroom in my room and went outside to see my fridge opened. Is Na Na hungry already? I chuckled. Na Na closed the fridge with a gallon of ice cream she found. I turned around to avoid looking at Na Na. Na Na looked quite attractive in my clothes so I looked away trying to not let it get to me. Why do I feel so uncomfortable? I coughed. Na Na closed the fridge and looked up. The clothes was big on her but she looked pretty hot in it-

"I'm eating this if you don’t mind." Na Na stated and lifted up the ice cream up. She opened the ice cream before I could say anything.

"Grab me a spoon too." I asked her. Yeah, ice cream might help me cool down. Na Na nodded and grabbed two spoons. We sat on the table across from each other and began eating.

After a while, I got used to the sight of Na Na in my clothes so I was finally able to look at her in the eye.

"Why do you live alone?" Na Na asked all of the sudden. No girl has ever asked me that. Well, I never took them to my home. That's what a hotel is for.

"Well this place was closer to the school and living at the house would almost be the same as living alone anyways so why not?" I answered taking a scoop of ice cream.

"Do they work a lot?"

"My parents? Yeah they travel with my brother all over. Now they’re in America doing who knows what for business."

"Why aren’t you with them?" Na Na asked taking her share of ice cream.

"Well I don’t have to. My brother's older so he'd be the one succeeding the business."

"You sound relieved."

"I am. I would never be into it anyway." I took another scoop.

"Then do you not have to work for the rest of your life?"

"Well is not like that. I have to do some of the business thing eventually. Just not as much. I'd be playing some part in the company."

"Is your brother into the business?" She asked after swallowing her ice cream.

"Sometimes he does, sometimes he doesn’t. But he's definitely more interested than I am."

"Is that so…" Na Na mumbled and took another scoop.

"Enough about me… what about you?"

"What about me?"

"I don’t know… talk about yourself. I told you quite a lot." I said and took another scoop.

"Well, there really isn’t much to know. I'm just me." Na Na said.

I squinted my eyes and looked at her. Na Na looked at me with her why are you looking at me like that eyes. I took the ice cream away from her.

"Yah! What are you doing?" Na Na yelled.

"You'll get it back if you tell me something no one know." I told her and took a spoonful of ice cream just to .

"Ugh fine. Since you told me so much about you, and I guess… maybe I should talk about it with someone other than my mom."

Na Na took a deep breath before continuing. If this is some weird girl thing she's going to tell me about then I hope she won't continue

"Do you remember when we went to eat breakfast that last time?" Na Na said hesitating. Whew, is not an awkward topic. But where can this be going?

"Yeah…?" I said pushing the ice cream back to her.

"Well, I did really leave because of Khun-"

"That Thai guy?"

"Yes, t-that Thai guy. Well, I left the restaurant not for the reason you think I did."

"So… you didn’t like him." I clarified and took a another spoonful.

"I-I kind of dated him?" Na Na said swallowing her spoon full of ice cream. I chocked on mine when I heard.

"Is that a question?" I said and coughed.

"Well no. I dated him. Period." Na Na managed while I was shocked a bit. I had never even seen them together. Then Na Na told me about the entire story until we ran out of ice cream.

"It feels good… to talk about it with someone other than my mom." Na Na said and laughed a bit. Even though she's trying to look fine, she had a glimpse of sadness in her eyes. The fact that they dated bothers me. The fact that she'd look so sad bothers me. The way she said his name bothers me. But them breaking up didn't bother me so much.

"I shouldn't tear up like this I should be over it." Na Na fake laughed and wiped the small tear off her now red cheeks.

I opened my mouth not knowing what I should do. Oh no, a girl… crying. I wanted to comfort her, but what should I do? I've never seen a girl cry before. I usually leave before they start.

I walked and sat in the dinning chair next to her and I bring my hand up and cradled her face.

"D-don't be sad. I'd feel sad too." I told her. This is what people say when comforting… right?

"I'm sorry. I'm being a burden." Na Na fake laughed again and tried to pull away. I didn't let go and smiled.

"No, your not. Don't apologize, Na Na. You're… you're starting to become a-an essential person in my life…  and if you ever, EVER feel sof, don't cry alone and tell me when you do. B-because I promise that this handsome prince charming will sweep you off your feet and take you away-and make you feel better." I said to her smiling and put her head on my chest hugging her. People hug in movies when one of them cry… right?

Na Na laughed a little and stayed in my embrace. I felt Na Na sob a little on my chest so I just hugged her a little tighter and put my head on hers.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------