It All Happened In One Night

The Thin Line Between You and Him

Key's POV

 

I waited for my date for tonight, which was Na Na. I got her to come so I can bug Jonghyun. I like to get even. Let's see if he'd touch my hair again. Speaking of Jonghyun, I see that he was taking to 2 girls with drinks in hand but eyes somewhere else, obviously looking for Na Na also. I wonder what's taking her so long, I offered to take her here but she refused and wanted to meet here instead. I see Na Na and I must say she looked quite nice.. I heard Jonghyun choke on his drink.

 

"I should ask her to be my date next time." Minho said when he saw Jonghyun's face.

 

I walked over and offered her my hand. She smiled and took it. She probably feel very out of place. It was one of my parents family business dinner party, so a lot of unfamiliar things for her.

 

"You clean up very nicely." I joked, chuckling.

 

"I'll take that as a compliment. Where's Victoria?"

 

"Ah… I lied...she won't be here today but your not off the hook. Your still my date, your actually a part of another plan."

 

"Which is…?"

 

"Something that won’t work if you know of." I put my hands around her waist and took her to Jonghyun, Onew, Taemin and Minho. This is to get back at Jonghyun for every hair ruffling and jokes about my clothes.

 

"Noona, you are definitely the prettiest girl here today." Taemin said as he saw us coming.

 

"Very pretty." Minho said while Onew nodded in agreement. Jonghyun scoffed and walked back to his two dates.

 

"Ignore him." I told Na Na and rolled my eyes at Jonghyun. Na Na nodded still looking as awkward as ever in this place.

 

The entire party ended and I thought I tortured Jonghyun enough. I walked to Jonghyun when Na Na was busy talking to Minho, Onew and Taemin.

 

"Take Na Na home, will you?" I asked Jonghyun, who was obviously looking at Na Na but pretending to look at the girls around.

 

"You’re her date." Jonghyun retorted, still looking at Na Na.

 

"I have something to do with my mom and dad. But fine…I'll just ask Minho instead." I said and slowly walked away.

 

"I'll do it." Jonghyun grabbed my shoulders when I started to walk away. I chuckled. Dork. He likes her.

                                                                                                                                     

 

Jonghyun's POV

 

Walking to my car with Na Na next to me was made me feel all weird inside. I looked at her and I must admit she looked beautiful today. She had my jacket on, and even with it, she looked quite attractive. Is it weird for me to like seeing her in my clothes?

 

She looked at me and turned away the second she realizes that I was staring. She then tripped over something. Of course-being me-I quickly kept her from falling. I kept her in my arms for a while as I admire her face up close. Na Na was so pretty close up. Too bad it was dark so I couldn’t tell if she was blushing or not.

 

She looked nervous. I kept holding onto her, trying to see if I could hear heartbeat, hoping it was beating as fast as mine. But then she pushed me away causing me to lightly chuckle.

 

"Where do you live?" I asked as I started the engine. It took her a while before she answered. I didn’t know where that was so she had to guide me. She was so cute when she tells me where to go. It’s weird, but I don’t mind it when Na Na is telling me what to do.

 

"Left! You're missing it!" She yelled suddenly. Just when I thought she was cute.

 

"Don't yell like that!" I ly to almost hit something. I saw it beforehand so I turned. Whew. That was close.

 

Thud! What was that? I looked to see if Na Na was okay. She looked a bit shock but over all fine. I put the car in reverse but it didn’t move. I tried again.

 

"Why isn’t the car moving?" Na Na asked after a while.

 

"I don’t know."

 

We both went out the car and found it stuck in the ditch. Aish. We're in the middle of nowhere and it is pitch dark.

 

"So what do we do now." Na Na asked and I closed my eyes to think. I took out my phone and called Key, who didn't pick up. What can he possibly be doing? I then called Onew who picked up after the first ring.

 

"What?" Onew said as soon as he picked up.

 

"My car is stuck in a ditch."

 

"Where are you?" I heard him sigh after asking.

 

"I-I don’t know?"

 

"What does that even mean?" He sounds annoyed.

 

"It's dark and I can’t see anything. I don’t think we’re far from Key's house though."

 

"Why didn’t you call Key?"

 

"He didn’t pick up."

 

"Okay… I’ll try and look for you." He said and sighed.

 

"Let's get back into the car." I told Na Na who was still looking at me. It's kind of cold out here and Na Na's wearing a dress.

 

We went in the car and Na Na took out her phone. She was calling her mom, telling her she's be late home. I looked at her and she chuckled at something her mom said before hanging up. I was so jealous at the sight in front of me… I don’t even remember a conversation with my parents that lasted longer than 5 minutes that had nothing to do with business.

 

"Shouldn’t you call your parents?" She asked after she was done.

 

"Why bother them?" I quickly replied. I mentally chuckled at what my parents would do if I did call them.

 

"Well they're your parents… I think they'll want to know." I chuckled at her comment.

 

"Not in the world I live in…" I replied. My parents are in who-know-where right now with my brother on a business trip. I didn't even live with them. Na Na probably saw the look I had and knew I didn't want to talk about it. She changed the subject and talked about something else. She's good company to have unlike the ones I usually have. The clingy ones always try to talk about stuff like family thinking they'd get close to me… While the rest of the others girls… well we usually don’t talk.

 

We talked about really random stuff and laughed about other random stuff. After the laughing we became quiet, but it didn’t feel awkward at all. I told her what happened in 8th grade. The one about Onew, and how he was branded a chicken lover after the graduation party. The game was spin the bottle and some guy had a chicken in front of them. Of course… the bottle landed on the person with the chicken and it was either the guy or the chicken. Onew-being the player he is- picked the chicken.

 

I looked at Na Na who was still recovering from the chicken story I told about Onew. She was so cute.

 

"You're really different from the other girls." I suddenly told her after the short silence. It sounds cliché, but is true.

 

"Everyone's different." Na Na said.

 

"Well, you stand out the most." I said and then continue staring at her. We stared at each other for a few seconds, then heard a beep. It was Onew and Key.

 

"Yah! You picked up Onew's call but not me?" I asked Key after walking out of the car.

 

"Onew called like 10 times."

 

I decided to leave the car and deal with it tomorrow. We all got in Onew's car and dropped off Na Na. I made sure I remembered how to get to her house in case I want to bug her in the future.

 

We all waved her goodbye and left.

 

"Aw. You like her." Onew suddenly commented and made weird faces.

 

"Like he didn’t already." Key said butting in.

 

"Our boy is growing up." Onew sighed before accelerating the car.

 

"Let's just hope he doesn't mess it up." Key nodded, playing along. Let's hope I don't.