Break Up Then Make Up

The Thin Line Between You and Him

Na Na's POV

I stepped into school and went towards my locker.  And the first thing I saw was Jonghyun standing against his locker with that stupid puppy dog look on his face. Jonghyun smiled as I tried to ignore it and open the locker.

"Na Na. Did you know that I called you?"

"Nope. I didn't receive your 12 voicemails and 22 text messages."

"What you saw was-"

"Just stop Jonghyun."

"Why do  you keep doing that? You always do this! Why don't you ever give me the chance to speak?"

"Because I don't want to listen to what you have to say!"

"God, Na Na! Why are you so stubborn?"

"Stubborn? Coming from you? Why don't you just take a hint and go away?" I yelled in a raised tone.

"You know what? Fine! I will go away! AISH! I'm sick of it! I'm always the one making the effort while you just push me away. I hope you and Nichkhun are happy together!"

"What do you expect me to do when you were the one that made the mistake-AISH!" I yelled when Jonghyun totally left and ignored me. I slammed the locker in anger and gave a big kick in frustration. I let out a huge sigh and tried to compose myself when I noticed all the stares I was receiving.

The second I walk into class, I noticed Jonghyun's smirking faced turned to all those annoying girls in class. What does he think he's doing now? I bit my lips in anger and just walked to my usual seat.

"So Na Na-"

"What now?" I asked angrily when I thought it was Jonghyun. I looked up only to find Junhyung chuckling nervously.

"I'm sorry, I guess-"

"No, I just thought you were someone else."

"Ahh. So can I sit here then?"

"Yeah." I nodded and smile in embarrassment.

I was distracted the entire class with Jonghyun's turned face, talking to those girls. AISH. Why isn't the teacher doing anything? I scratched me neck in annoyance and as I did, I felt the necklace I still had. I sighed and took the necklace off, and as soon as the bell rung, I walked up to Jonghyun and threw it at him.

Jonghyun looked up shocked when he felt something thrown at his face, and more shocked when he saw it was me. I took my phone out and angrily yanked the charm out, throwing that in his face also.

I then stormed out, but just as I did, I felt a hand around my arm. I thought it was Jonghyun at first but no… it was Junhyung.

"C-can I walk you to your next  class?" Junhyung asked.

"Yeah. Thanks." I smiled at him.

"So I was wondering, if you would like to go out with me sometime?" Junhyung asked as we began walking to the next class.

"Junhyung… I'm flattered. But I'm sorry." I rejected him with a smile as he tried to shake it off with a smile.

"Ahh, is that so? Well, that's too bad…" Junhyung sighed for the rejection. I expected him to walk away but he walked me to class anyways with a kind smile on his face.

                                                                                                                           

Jonghyun's POV

I was still shocked from the event that just took place and held onto the necklace, trying to figure out what happened.

"I'll have it oppa-"

"SHH!" I shushed the girl when I heard Junhyung asked Na Na to what it sounded like a date. I tried my best to pick up what they were saying but the most I heard was 'I'm flattered.' Don't tell me Na Na agreed.

"You just got your sorry dumped. Oh, it's definitely more fun just watching you guys." Krystal laughed and patted my shoulders before getting up to walk away. Dumped? I felt my heart tightened the word, and so I tightened my grasp of the necklace, hoping that will loosen the feeling inside me. But nope… Instead of going to class as I should be, I went to look for Key. As soon as I saw him walking beside Victoria, I yanked him away without a word.

"What the-"

"What does this mean?" I asked and opened my hand, showing him the necklace and charm in my hand.

"Well, it depends how you got it."

"Na Na threw it at me…" I pouted.

"What  did you do?"

"I didn't do anything!"

"You yell when in denial."

"Well, we argued and then-and then, so I got angry. So… I don't know. When I got to class, I kind of flirted with the girls behind me-"

"You inconsiderate . If this is how you're going to act, you will not be getting Na Na back anytime soon."

"Well, won't jealousy make Na Na realize her feelings for me?" I tried to reason.

"Perhaps. But what is there to realize? You guys already confessed and by this point, what you're doing is just stupid."

"But-but, the Junhyung kid hit on my Na Na and all I wanted to do was-"

"You're a guy. You can't expect the two of you to be thinking the same thing. Why don't you just do something romantic as you always do and apologize."

"But why am I the one always apologizing? I didn't even do anything wrong! I mean I did, but Na Na would never listen! She always thinks she's right and she's so stubborn!"

"Then I think-"

"No! You know what? Na Na is going to have to come to me. I'm not always going to be the one chasing anymore! Thanks Key."

"I don't think-"

"I'm in the mood for some duboki. I'm leaving, okay?"

"School is-yah! Listen to me when I'm talking to you!"

                                                                                                                    

Onew's POV

"You're coming to Taemin's birthday party tonight, right?" I leaned forward to the counter and asked with a smile.

"Of course. Why wouldn't I be?"

"Well. You and Jonghyun are… you know… and I heard a couple of things."

"What things?"

"That you tried to choke Jonghyun with your necklace… or something."

"I did not choke. I threw. And Jonghyun is not going to keep me from celebrating with friends." Na Na smiled at me.

"So you have no intentions of making up with Jonghyun?"

"I'm not going to be doing anything."

"Well I just think you should be the bigger person-"

"No, what you are telling me to do is give in. And I will be doing no such thing. Now go work Onew and stop pestering me with nonsensical comments."

After our shift, Na Na and I made our way to Taemin's for his party.

"We're going to a hotel? I thought it was a tiny party with only you guys."

"It is."

"But it's at a hotel."

"Taemin lives here."

"In a hotel?"

"Yep. It's either that or living with his parents in Australia. Taemin didn't want to because something about kangaroos and...yeah, Taemin's weird. And so, his parents placed him here, under supervision and stuff in their hotel since he's still a minor."

I looked at my phone and saw Key nagging already about us being late. I quickly texted him and told him I'm already getting into the elevator. I swear, that kid… But just as the elevator was about to close, someone quickly put their hand in between.

"Onew!" Jonghyun smiled and completely ignoring the presence of Na Na beside me.

As the elevator finally moved, I have to say that it was the most awkward-est moment in my life. Even more awkward when I walked in when Minho and Key was drunk and singing to SNSD. And to add more to the awkward atmosphere, the elevator stopped in the middle of our way up for some reason.

"What happened?" Jonghyun looked around, scared and shocked.

"Well, obviously the elevator stopped." Na Na replied.

"I know that but-"

"Yah! Stop arguing. Both of you!" this familiar naggy voice began.

"Key?" the three of us looked around, feeling a little creep out.

"Yep, and stop looking around like idiots, I'm not in the elevator."

"Where are you then?" Jonghyun asked.

"In this control room place thing… with Taemin and Minho."

"Then get us out!"

"Not until you and Na Na make up. I'm not opening this door until the both of you do so."

I was nodding my head when I heard of Key's smart plan but then I realized.

"Yah, then why am I in here?" I looked into the camera and asked.

"You were just in the wrong place at the wrong time." Key replied in the speakers.

"Al least let me out!"

"If I open the door, those two will get out too."

"Then what am I going to do in here? I'm not going to be stuffed between these two."

"That's two bad! You're going to be a referee and make sure things go as plan."

"This isn't funny Key! The airs running out and-and-and-" I hyperventilated and fell onto my knees, trying to claw my way out.

After about twenty minutes, I finally stopped because it was getting really, really hot. I ran out of energy. And I don't think Key's plan is working because none of us are talking. But Key's still stubborn so he didn't let us out. He even left us to go get food with Minho and Taemin.

"YAH! Makeup already! I don't want to die in an elevator!" I yelled.

"Well I'm not apologizing!" Jonghyun huffed in the same way a child does. 

"You can't expect me to." Na Na scoffed.

"Then am I going to have to apologize and get on my knees as I always do."

"You have never got on your knees-"

"What I'm trying to say is-"

"What are you trying to say?"

"You always do this! You never let me explain myself."

"Na Na, you're going to be quiet as Jonghyun speak." I tsked in annoyance.

"Why are you telling me-"

"YAH! I'm in here because of the two of you and we're running our of air, so one person speak at a time."

"There's a ventilator-"

"Na Na! SHH!" I shushed and motioned for Jonghyun to talk.

"I just always feel like I'm in love alone in this relationship." Jonghyun looked away and sighed.

"But I always tell you I love you."

"Yeah but you never show it. You just don't love me as much as I love you. It's like you don't even like me. This past week, you were completely fine and me? I couldn't eat, I couldn't get out of bed, I couldn't sleep. I missed you so, so much."

"But you seemed fine with Krystal that day."

"That's because I was following you. I couldn't stand seeing you and Nichkhun going somewhere together and Krystal was the only person who could take me to you. Don't you know how I must have felt? Finally finding the courage to face you again and go back to school, but only to find out that you and Nichkhun are going on a date."

"It wasn't a date. We went to see Khun's grandmother."

"And why were you guys doing that?"

"It was her death anniversary so of course I was going to pay my respect."

"I didn't know that."

"You could have asked."

"Well, you kind of stormed when you saw me. And you keep avoiding me." 

"I guess I was mad when I saw you and Krystal."

"The word you are looking for is not mad, but jealous-" I stopped myself when Na Na glared.

"Were you jealous?" Jonghyun grinned like a loser. I rolled my eyes.

"Well what did you expect?"

"I honestly didn't expect jealousy. I didn't think you like me enough to get jealous."

"So do you not believe me every time I tell you I love you?"

"I don't know. Especially now. You just seemed less upset when you broke up with me than you did with Nichkhun. I can't help but feel like I'm always running behind him."

"You taught me how to be stronger when I broke up with Khun so of course I didn't look as upset. And I can assure you that you are not running behind him. I know that I love you more than I loved Khun."

"That still doesn't explain when you agreed to that date with Junhyung."

"What are you talking about? I didn't agree. I obviously won't agree to a date when I'm in love with this dork."

"Is that so?" Jonghyun smiled and scooted closer to Na Na.

"Do you believe me?"

"So if me and Nichkhun needed CPR and you were the only person around, who would you-"

"Yah!"

"Fine, fine. Kiss?" Jonghyun asked and smiled brightly. Na Na chuckled and leaned in as I groaned at the cheesy display of affection.

"So can I have my necklace back?" Na Na asked and pulled away. Jonghyun laughed and  pinched Na Na's cheeks and dug into his pockets.

"Don't ever take this off again! You are going to keep this on for as long as you love me. Which is forever. Oh, and the phone charm." Jonghyun stated as-a-matter-of-factly and kissed Na Na again.

"AISH! I'm running out of air! I'm suffocating from the heat and now with the mood between you two. Key! Open up or I will kill you." I threatened and groaned again.

"I'll like to see you try." Key replied with his sarcastic tone as the elevator finally moved again.

                                                                                                                                          

Jonghyun's POV

I took the strawberry on the plate and fed one to my Na Na. Although hesitant at first, Na Na opened up and ate it any ways. I smiled and then put my arms around her once again. We were all sitting on the floor after eating the cake and siging happy birthday to Taemin. Now, we were opening up the old photo albums of Taemin's.

"Aha! Look at that! That little boy is the cutest thing ever!" Key squealed. I looked at it in curiosity, thinking it was Taemin, but rolled my eyes when I saw the kid he was pointing to..

"That looks like you, Key." Na Na said when she saw.

"Well of course it's me. That's why it's so cute!"

"I think it's creepy. Look at those eyes. They belong to ones of a murderer." I pointed out.

"Omo! Look at this kid! His nostrils are no joke-"

"Yah!" I yelled when I saw him pointing at my picture.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Even though it's summer, I still haven't updated as much as I used to. I thought i would have a bunch of free time but i have summer homework. It's not an easy homework either. it's something i have to do every day. You know... it's still not registered in my mind that when those two words put together makes grammatical sense. Those two words shouldn't even be in the same sentence as it is. i sigh....now i must craw back to do my homework