Adding to the List

That Stupid List

Jin, Wonwoo and Seokmin and Sena had a Kakao group, in which Sena reminded them that the pretty boy Junghan would be joining them for lunch. It was all part of this elaborate plan to hook Wonwoo up with him, in the off chance that Junghan could be interested. Of course, the speculation that he might be interested was based entirely off of his feminine looks, which felt kind of stereotypical. Wonwoo was uncomfortable with it, but he didn’t let that stop it from happening.

Jin could tell that he was nervous. He wanted it to work out; he wished that Junghan was interested. There was this kind of craving that Jin saw in Wonwoo, an intense desire for whatever he was hoping to come from this meeting.

Ironically, Jin prayed to God that it would work out. She hoped that Wonwoo would find the happiness he was clearly searching for, hoping to see it in Junghan.

Jin and Seokmin arrived at the lunch table first, and Seokmin asked Jin about the list.

“It’s coming along,” Jin said.

Vernon then walked past their table.

“Look at him,” Seokmin whispered to Jin. Jin looked, and alas, three seconds later, he flicked his hair. “I told you!” Seokmin said.

Jin laughed, “do you find it y?”

“Totally,” Seokmin said seductively, and both laughed.

Wonwoo then arrived and sat down in front of the two of them, “what are you two laughing at?” he asked.

“Nothing,” Seokmin replied, smiling at Jin and Jin repressing her own smile.

Wonwoo looked at the both of them doubtfully, but then rolled his eyes, obviously too nervous about meeting Junghan to inquire further.

Just seconds later, Hoshi walked by with headphones on, SHINee’s Replay very audibly playing. Seokmin burst out laughing, which led Jin to laugh too. Wonwoo raised an eyebrow at them.

It was then that Jin realized that she and Seokmin had started to have inside jokes. She only ever had those with Sena before. It felt so good to have them though. It’s just that, as soon as you have inside jokes with someone, there is an unbreakable bond between the two of you.

Before Wonwoo could ask what the two of them were laughing at, Sena came with the pretty boy walking behind her. Jin’s eyes widened. This Junghan was too pretty for words.

“Hey guys, this is Junghan,” Sena introduced them, “Junghan, that handsome fellow over there is Wonwoo, and that’s Jin, and that’s Seokmin.”

They all bowed their heads and greeted one another. Jin noticed that Wonwoo was uncharacteristically stiff when he looked at Junghan.

They sat down and made small talk. Wonwoo was quiet, but listening intently to every word Junghan was saying and looking at his face. Sometimes Wonwoo even forgot to eat his lunch.

It was Sena that pushed the question to which they all wanted the answer. Before she asked, she looked to Wonwoo, and noticed that he was too quiet and nervous to ask himself.

“So,” Sena said nervously, “Junghan, are you seeing anyone right now?”

Junghan turned a bright shade of pink and replied, “not really.”

“Have you ever dated?” Sena asked.

“Yes. I broke up with her when I came to college though.” Jin saw the light in Wonwoo’s eyes fade.

“Her?” Sena said, almost too clearly emphasizing what she wanted to know. Jin felt that Wonwoo had kicked Sena from under the table, wanting her to shut up.

“She’s not in this college. She lives in Busan…”

“Why did you break up,” Sena pushed, “is it because you’re looking for someone different?”

Junghan smiled at Sena and said, looking into her eyes, “I might be.” He was clearly starting to mistake Sena’s inquiries with flirting, and Wonwoo seemed to be hurt by it.

“Actually,” Seokmin interrupted, seeing that Junghan was starting to get the wrong idea and that Wonwoo was starting to feel bad, “Sena’s boyfriend is from Busan too, maybe you know him…”

Sena open to repsond, but Seokmin kicked her under the table so that she plays along. Sena then closed remained quiet; curiously looking to see where Seokmin was going with this.

Junghan looked kind of stumped when he heard that Sena had a boyfriend. After a moment of hesitation, Junghan replied, “I probably don’t know him. Busan is big.”

“Of course, silly me,” Seokmin replied, glad to have saved the situation. Wonwoo was looking down at the table at this point, clearly disappointed.

The rest of the lunch was very awkward. Junghan seemed to lose the motivation he had having lunch with the group in the first place (Sena), and Wonwoo slowly and quietly just ate without saying a word. Sena and Seokmin tried to lighten the mood, but to no avail.

“I have to go,” Junghan said when he finished his lunch, “it was nice hanging out with you guys,” he lied. Everyone know he just left because he learned Sena had a “boyfriend.”

When he left for good, Seokmin said, “well, that was a total failure.”

“Why did you tell him I had a boyfriend?” Sena frowned in Seokmin’s direction.

“Because he thought you were flirting with him,” Seokmin told her.

“No he didn’t.”

“Yes he did,” Wonwoo told Sena, finally speaking after a long silence.

Sena was silenced for a moment, clearly feeling guilty. After a few moments, she said: “He might be biual though…”

“No,” Wonwoo told her wearily, “he’s not. Just let it go, Sena. Unless, of course, you like him. He’s quite the eye candy, and he clearly has his eyes on you. You can go after him if you want.”

Sena frowned, “I will never date anyone a friend of mine likes, Wonwoo. No matter how much I want to.”

Jin and Seokmin stiffened when they heard Sena says. Although Sena was talking about Junghan, it felt somehow directed at Seokmin and Jin…

“I don’t like him,” Wonwoo affirmed.

“Well I don’t believe it,” Sena said, “you looked too nervous before, and you were looking at him like you wanted him so badly…”

“I don’t want him in particular,” Wonwoo said, “I just want someone, anyone.”

Sena put her hands on his arm and squeezed it, “I’m sorry,” she replied.

Wonwoo forced a smile in her direction, “don’t apologize, thank you for trying though.”

A bit later Wonwoo left to do some readings, and Sena was feeling sleepy, and so went back to the dorm room. Jin and Seokmin stayed in the college building for a while longer.

“I’m adding Junghan to my list, by the way,” Jin told him, “he’s cute.”

“Cute, but he broke Wonwoo’s heart and flirted with Sena so you can’t have him.”

“I’m used to people I like flirting with Sena. That’s what happens when you have a best friend as pretty and as perfect as Sena is.”

“Don’t worry, I feel you,” Seokmin said, “Wonwoo is a good-looking chap himself, and all the girls I liked somehow ended up confessing their love to him too. Good thing he always rejected them because, well, they’re girls.”

“Even the one that…” Jin stopped before she could say it. She realized that she that it was probably insensitive to bring Seokmin’s late girlfriend up.

Seokmin lips tightened, and his eyes looked down to the floor. He knew what Jin wanted to say: “yes actually,” Seokmin said softly, “even her.”

“Sorry for bringing her up,” Jin said guiltily.

Seokmin shook her head, “no, it’s good actually. I think the more I talk about her, the easier it is to understand and to accept that she’s gone forever.”

“You can always talk to me if you need to,” Jin told him.

Seokmin looked up at her with a desolate expression on his face, “can I?”

“Whenever you need.”

“Thank you,” Seokmin responded, “maybe not now, but I probably will take you up on that offer one day. Don’t judge when I cry.”

“I won’t,” Jin replied reassuringly.

“For now let’s stalk that Junghan guy on Facebook,” Seokmin suggested, “and maybe look around campus for some good-looking faces.”

They spent a few more hours together, looking at Facebook profiles and walking around campus looking for potential boyfriend candidates. But anytime Jin points someone out Seokmin jokingly criticizes her poor taste in men.

“Alright then, why don’t you choose someone for me? Everyone I choose seems like either a loser or too ugly to you,” Jin said.

“There’s a hottie called Seokmin that I would not object to,” he said cockily.

Jin laughed, “well, too bad that hottie’s after my best friend.”

“No, the problem isn’t that. The problem is that the hottie is not on your list of potential boyfriends.”

“If it’ll make the hottie feel better, I’ll add him to the list.”

“It will,” Seokmin replied. Clearly he was only joking, but Jin like to think that he wasn’t.

Jin took out her journal, turned to the next blank page and wrote “Seokmin” in large letters. She drew a heart next to his name.

“Done. He’s officially on the list.”

“He better be number one.”

Before Jin could respond to that, a tall figure gracefully walking out of class caught her eye. When she saw him, she knew he would make it onto that list no matter who he was.

“Him!” Jin whispered to Seokmin, pointing at the tall, majestic prince that was walking past.

Seokmin grimaced, and Jin wondered what he could possibly object to about what seemed to be actual walking perfection to Jin.

“That’s my roommate, Jun,” Seokmin told her, still grimacing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Diary,

Today, two I added two beautiful guys to the list (and I also added Seokmin :P). Oh God, I sound like such a spoiled brat, like one of those playgirls that goes on from boy to boy. It doesn’t matter though, it’s not like anyone will see that side of me. Except Seokmin of course. But I feel comfortable with him, so it’s okay.

Anyways, the first is Junghan. I feel kind of sorry for Junghan. Sena introduced him to us because she though he was gay, and that Wonwoo and him could perhaps hit it off, but he misunderstood and started flirting with Sena.

Poor Wonwoo. He was really hurt. He really wants someone to date. I really wish I could help him.

Anyways, Junghan has long hair and this intense gaze. He could easily pass for a girl if he tried! He’s so beautiful, honestly. You look at him and BAM you’ll instantly fall for him. Too bad his standards are clearly high. Like Sena high, and I’m only a Jin.

Seokmin jokingly asked me to add him to the list. I did, jokingly. But… to be completely honest, it wasn’t a complete joke. I really do like him, and he really does have a place in the list. He’s good-looking, he’s funny, he’s kind… I’m so comfortable around him. I do have a crush on him, and honestly, if he asked, I probably would agree to dating him. What a hopeless crush. Of course though, he’s also after Sena…

The last person I added is called Jun, short for Junhui. He’s Chinese, and one of the most gorgeous people ever, honestly. And he’s Seokmin’s roommate. Seokmin says he’s very mysterious, and that his Korean isn’t that great. But he told me he would introduce me to him tomorrow.

I feel like I’m taking it to be all fun and games with Seokmin, sometimes I forget that he is actually trying to get me to date. He is doing all of this with the intention of finding me a boyfriend... and whenever I remember that I feel this uncomfortable pit in my stomach. Dating. I am actually on the road to dating. I’m so nervous. I feel like I’m going on a blind date or something. Perhaps I am.


A/N: I realize now that my foreword and the summary of this story actually take place like ten chapters in.

Anyways, I hope you guys are enjoying this!