A Secret

That Stupid List

Jin left her room and went to the library that day under the pretense that she needed to get some studying done. In reality, she just didn’t want to face anyone at all. Sena and Seokmin both called her a lot, but she rejected their calls and just sent a text apologizing for worrying them and saying that she would see them that night when they went out for karaoke.

She did get some work done, for which she was glad. It was nice to get everything off her mind for a while and focus on other things for once. It was nice to forget all of the things that were happening around her and just study.

When it came time to meet with the rest of the crew at the bus stop, she felt anxious.

When she arrived, all three of them were already there already waiting for her.

Seeing Sena and Seokmin again after realizing they were dating felt so different. It felt like they both were so much more distant now that she knew they were together. It was as if both just slipped out of her reach, and now interacting with them felt so impersonal. She almost felt like this outsider to them.

Sena hugged her as soon as she saw her, telling her that she was so worried about her, worried that something “bad” had happened. Seokmin also hugged her, telling her to never pull anything like that ever again. Jin felt so robotic and insincere as she hugged them back.

She apologized to everyone again for what had happened that night, and explained the lie that she and Wonwoo had come up with: she had fallen asleep in the library, and her phone was on silent. They bought it.

When they arrived at the karaoke bar and rented to room for two hours, Jin expected that Sena and Seokmin come out with their relationship as soon as they went in. But they didn’t. Instead, they immediately the television and started choosing songs. Everything was just so... normal?

It was Sena and Seokmin who went up first to sing a duet, and Wonwoo sat beside Jin and said to her, “I wonder when they’ll tell us.”

Jin wished that they would tell soon. It just seemed like everything that was happening then was leading up to it, and she would remain anxious about it until they revealed the truth.

The song started and both Sena and Seokmin prepared for it.

When Seokmin began to sing, Jin’s eyes widened. She had actually never heard him sing before, and so it was such a surprise to hear that his voice was seriously beautiful.

Even Sena seemed surprised. She couldn’t even sing her part when it came because was open when Seokmin sang. Seokmin laughed at her reaction.

“You didn’t tell me you could sing!?” Sena said, looking kind of angry.

Seokmin responded by continuing his part and singing to her again. It was a love song, and he looked at her as he sung it. Sena just crossed her arms and listened, trying to repress the shy smile that was appearing on her lips as he sang it to her.

Jin felt so jealous and looked away from the scene.

She would look up every once in a while to watch him sing though, because it really was a sight to behold. It seemed like he was born to be in this position: to sing, to perform. This whole thing was making her do the exact opposite of what she wanted to do; she began to fall for him more.

She tried to shake the feeling away, but it was hard. When the song finally ended, Jin was relieved.

“You have a great voice,” Jin complimented him, trying to look like she wasn’t so shaken by her jealousy of Sena and her sudden rush of feelings for him.

“Thanks,” Seokmin told her as he slumped down on seat right beside Jin. “Now go on guys, it’s your turn,” Seokmin motioned to Jin and Wonwoo.

“Actually, can we just order a drink or something?” Wonwoo suggested. Jin knew that Wonwoo wanted them to come out with it and tell about their relationship. He seemed just as anxious about it as Jin was.

They all ordered drinks, and were sitting around. It was the perfect opportunity for the couple to reveal their relationship, but they didn’t. Instead, Sena asked Wonwoo about the restaurant.

“It was fun,” Wonwoo answered simply. “What about you guys?” Wonwoo looked at Sena and Seokmin, “what did you do last night?”

Jin prepared herself for the revelation.

“Well,” Seokmin said, “I stayed home all night and did some work.”

“I went out shopping with some friends,” Sena answered.

They were lying.

Jin didn’t want to believe the conclusion that she was coming to right now: were they hiding it from her? Was it a secret? Did they not want her to know? And if that was true, then how long have they been dating without her knowing?

She looked at Wonwoo to see his reaction, and he looked just as confused as she was. He narrowed his eyes at Jin and then he looked at them ambivalently.

“What’s wrong?” Seokmin asked, seeming unsettled by Wonwoo’s reaction.

“How long have you two been dating?” Jin blurted suddenly. She couldn’t handle it anymore. She needed to know.

Sena and Seokmin looked at each other, suprised. Sena blinked a few times and nervously put her hands together on her lap and turned her head to look at the floor. Seokmin let out a deep sigh.

“How did you know?” he asked.

“That doesn’t matter,” Jin said in response, “so how long?”

“A couple of months,” Seokmin admitted. Sena was still looking at the floor, but seemed tenser than ever.

“Why didn’t you tell us?” Wonwoo asked them, looking quite angry; “I mean you’re not supposed to keep something like this from us.”

“I didn’t want Jin to know,” Sena finally spoke, “because at first I was afraid she had feelings for him. So we hid it from both of you”

“I told you that I didn’t have feelings for him countless times,” Jin responded, almost defensively. She felt so angry, so betrayed by both Sena and Seokmin. And not because they were dating, but because they chose to hide it from her. That somehow hurt more than the fact they were dating.

“Can I talk to you alone, please?” Sena said silently. She stood up and took Jin’s hand, trying to pull her up.

“You can say whatever you need to say in front of them,” Jin replied, pulling her hand out of Sena’s.

“No, I can’t,” Sena told her, “come with me, please.”

Jin stood up and they walked out of the room. Sena closed the door behind them.

“What?”

“I’m sorry Jin. I’m so sorry,” Sena told her, clearly trying to repress her tears. "But I know you like him."

“I don’t!"

“Don’t lie to me.”

“What makes you think I like him?” Jin asked.

“Your diary,” Sena softly answered, looking at the floor in shame.

Jin froze.

“I’m so sorry,” Sena said quickly, a tear starting to stroll from her eyes. “I like him so much, Jin. I said yes when he confessed to me a few months back. He wanted to tell you, but I didn’t let him because I didn’t want you to feel bad. I wanted to wait until I knew for sure that you didn’t like him. I just wanted to confirm it before I told you, because I didn’t want to hurt you. And the only way I thought I could do it was by reading your diary. I just skimmed for his name, and I found it and I read around it…”

“You had no right to do that,” Jin said, feeling her body tremble in a mixture of anger, sadness and frustration.

“I know,” Sena replied, “but Jin, I swear that’s the only thing I read. I didn’t read anything else. I also didn’t tell him anything, I swear.”

“That doesn’t change anything. I trusted you,” Jin told her. She wanted to cry, but the anger overrode the hurt.

“I know. I always felt so guilty for it. It’s been torturing my conscience, and I just… I’m such a terrible friend…” Sena wiped her eyes with her fingers and sniffled.

“As of right now, you’re not a friend anymore,” Jin blurted in a rush of anger. She didn’t stay back to see Sena’s reaction to that. She just walked back into the karaoke room, and grabbed her bag and headed out again.

“What’s wrong?” Wonwoo asked her.

Jin shook her head, indicating she did not want to talk about it. She headed out of the room and got into a random bus. She didn’t know where the bus was headed, but she just needed somewhere to just sit and write.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Diary,

Why has so much been badness been happening lately?

Sena read my diary. She read it even though she knew that it is the most personal thing to me. She read it even though she knew I don’t want anyone to ever read it. She said she did it so that she “finds out” the truth about whether or not I like him. And now she knows that she’s dating someone I have feelings for. And now I think it’s fair to say that I resent her.

Somehow, I’m not really as sad as I was when Vernon read it. I’m angry though. When Vernon read it, he did not really know what it meant to me, but Sena read it knowing how much I didn’t want her to. I’m so angry with her. Do I hate her? Maybe I do. But one thing that I know for sure is that I no longer love her. She is no longer the sister that she was to me before. I’m not going to talk to her in a long, long time. I don’t know if I will ever even forgive her for it.

I feel so betrayed and hurt beyond all words. This really hurts more than it did when I saw them together. I’m disappointed in both of them for not telling me. What am I to them? They have been dating for months and neither of them told me. They left in in the dark, made me stupidly desire him and just left me out of their lives. I just feel kind of superfluous to them; I’m just there in between them, unnecassary and not strong enough to handle their relationship. It was so condescending of them to hide it from me.

 


A/N: I wasn't supposed to write this chapter, but then I had a paper to procrastinate on and so this was the product of that procrastination :(
I'm probably not gonna graduate like seokmin did XD


CONGRATS TO THE BAE THOUGH <3