Posters

That Stupid List

Wonwoo was so caught up with thinking about what had happened between him and Jin, that he had forgotten that he had an interview with the modeling company the following morning. He was only reminded when he got the very first text he would receive from Mingyu saying: good luck tomorrow! Call me after and tell me how it was!

Wonwoo felt so happy when he received the message. It made him smile like and idiot, and it made the butterflies in his stomach flutter.

The smile was quickly replaced with a groan when he realized what this meant: he liked Mingyu; he liked Mingyu a lot. He also liked Jin a lot. But not in the same way. But he still liked them both. He kissed Jin, and he would certainly kiss Mingyu.

Why is this so hard, Wonwoo thought as he tried to imagine his feelings for the two of them. He tried to ask himself which he preferred, but that wasn’t the right question; he preferred hanging out with Jin because she was closer to him, but there are some things he knew he would certainly prefer doing with Mingyu if he ever had the chance.

He felt like he was confusing so many different types of feelings: friendship, fondness, attraction, romantic attraction, ual attraction. Those were all different, and he felt them for either Jin or Mingyu at different levels. But all of those were important aspects in a romantic partner, Wonwoo thought. Is it more important to be attracted to the person you’re dating, or to be comfortable with him/her? If it’s the former, then Wonwoo preferred Mingyu. If it’s the latter, then Jin all the way.

Sure the attraction to Jin wasn’t as well-formed, but Wonwoo felt like that’s something that would come about after the relationship becomes. But he thought that there was something of the thing called attraction there; he did kiss her after all.

It was hard to try to sort out his feelings. His mind eventually went back to his parents. How happy they would be to hear that he was questioning his homouality. How happy would his mother be to learn that he started going out with a good Christian girl? How proud would his father be?

The thought of pleasing them in that way encouraged him, though he felt guilty about that. He didn’t want his own self-interested motive of pleasing his parents to go into the decision he would make; that would be using Jin, and that was the last thing he wanted to do.

They thought of hurting her made him feel so nervous about this. He didn’t want to hurt her or even open up the possibility of hurting her; he wanted to be sure of his decision. He wanted to be sure that there was notable attraction that has the potential to be something more than just fondness and warmth for her. If he started dating her and then realized he didn’t want to, that would be really crappy on his part.

He was happy that Jin didn’t immediately say yes when he asked her to be his girlfriend. He realized that he probably should not have asked it. But for now, he just needed to think and get himself figured out.

-

He had to miss class for the interview, which Wonwoo thought was worth it if it meant financial stability for two months.

He tried to plan his trip to the building. He needed to know the bus route, and so he put in the address into the app and waited as it calculated the bus route for him. There were four different options that seemed like they would work, and he didn’t know which was the best one.

He texted Mingyu to ask which to take.

The second one, Mingyu responded almost immediately after. The first one is usually really crowded and is filled with smelly old people:P

Wonwoo smiled when he read that. He was happy that they were on joking terms now. Before, it had just been this awkward mess between them.

He took the route that Mingyu advised, and fortunately it was not crowded, and he arrived at the building very easily. He checked into the front desk and was then directed to a waiting room. He waited for a few minutes before a group of employees greeted him warmly.

The first part of the interview went well. They didn’t ask him very many questions and the ones they did ask were simple. Then they asked permission to measure him, which he granted. His height, width, waistline, shoulder length, arm length and more were taken and noted.

He was a little more uncomfortable when they asked him to take off his shirt, but he reluctantly agreed as he stripped and they all were inspecting his chest, as if assessing it.

They told him at the end of the interview that they would contact him with the details of the shoot later and, that he would be asked to sign a contract before it. Wonwoo gathered that this meant he got the job. He was so relieved.

He texted Jin to tell her that it went well and that they gave him a day in which to sign the contract. He knew that she was in class, and so he was surprised when she responded immediately with congratulations and thumbs-up and happy face emojis. Jin was usually paying attention in that class.

Wonwoo debated with himself as whether or not he should send her a heart emoticon in response. He never sent hearts, and so it would indicate to Jin that there was something different. He decided against it; not before he was sure.

He informed Seokmin and Sena in their group chat that he got the job. The group chat has been inactive for days now ever since the fail karaoke night in which everything went apart. He hoped it would go back to normal soon; he missed being with all of them during lunches. Maybe if he and Jin do become a thing, it would make it easier for the four of them to come back together as a group.

He later called Mingyu to tell him about it, like Mingyu had asked.

So how was it?” Mingyu asked as soon as he picked up.

“Apart from when they asked me strip and inspected my body, it was okay.”

I didn’t take you to be the prude type,” Mingyu said jokingly.

“I’m not prude,” Wonwoo claimed.

Well then it wouldn’t bother you to know that, depending on the outfits they’re advertising, sometimes the coordi-noonas see you completely . Usually you have underwear on though.”

“Seriously?”

Yeah. You get used to it though.”

“I don’t think I will,” Wonwoo said.

See, you’re prude,” Mingyu said jokingly.

“I guess I am.”

Well, hopefully they don’t make you too uncomfortable given that it’s your first time. If you tell them you’re uncomfortable with , they’ll respect that. But they’ll still touch you everywhere to make sure the outfit looks good. Are you uncomfortable with that?”

“I’m comfortable with anything if it means I can pay rent.”

Are you having trouble with housing fees?” he asked sympathetically.

“Yes, but I’m okay now, thanks to you. Really, thank you so much for opening up this opportunity for me. I owe you so much.”

Don’t worry about it,” Mingyu said. “What about you come over and try the fancy Buddhist tea I told you about the other night? I’m free now until afternoon, and I’m bored. You can bring Jin if you like.

“Jin’s in a class now,” Wonwoo told him, “but I appreciate the offer.”

Then come alone,” Mingyu said, which surprised Wonwoo. He thought that Wonwoo only wanted to meet with him to get to Jin; he did really like her after all.

Wonwoo agreed though, because who wouldn’t want to drink fancy tea with his crush?

He walked across campus to where Mingyu had told him the dorm building was. Wonwoo recognized it as one of the higher-class dormitories that were located on the other end of campus from where the lower class ones in which he lived. When he arrived at the lobby, he texted Mingyu, who came down to fetch him.

Wonwoo felt misplaced as Mingyu led him through the fancy halls with shiny chandeliers and expensive furniture. Mingyu stopped at his dorm room, which of course had these fancy keycards and automatically opening doors. Wonwoo walked behind Mingyu into the room.

The first thing that caught his eyes were the After School posters plastered across Mingyu’s walls. Wow, he’s such a fanboy, Wonwoo thought as his jaws opened to see how openly fanatic he was about them. It seemed like he had every poster from every era ever.

Apart from that, there was also this small statue of the Buddha at the end of the room with little beads for prayers.

Religious symbols and posters of y girls. It does not get straighter than this, Wonwoo thought to himself begrudgingly as he glanced around the rest of the fancy room.

It was very spacious, a little smaller than just a regular apartment. It had a small kitchen, a large bed, a sofa, a television, a small dining table with two chairs, a large desk, a walk in closet, a bathroom and a balcony. The room was very clean and organized, almost too organized. All of Mingyu’s engineering books were in a neat pile. There were no clothes on the floor, nothing out of place on the sofas or chairs.

Mingyu gestured for Wonwoo to have a seat on the sofa before proceeding to start the tea preparations.

“Nice room,” Wonwoo complimented, “I like your posters.”

“I was afraid you’d be judgmental of them,” Mingyu said. “But yeah, I’m a huge fan of them. I was comfortable inviting you over here because I know you like After School so I thought you might find it less weird than everyone else. I mean, you understand that After School is glorious.”

Wonwoo laughed, amused. He knew that Mingyu was a fan of After School, but not that much of a fan. As much as he was disappointed by how straight it meant that Mingyu was, he still felt kind of happy that Mingyu was actually being open about it to him.

Mingyu walked toward the little kitchen and the stove, then setting it on it a fancy teapot filled with water. As he wiped his hands on a towel, Wonwoo said: “I have an offer to make.”

Wonwoo looked curiously towards Mingyu, who came to sit besides him on the sofa after setting the water to boil.

“Be my roommate?” Mingyu said eagerly. “You don’t have to pay anything. I’m on scholarship, so neither do I.”

Wonwoo’s eyes widened at the offer. He took a moment to understand that Mingyu was literally offering him a chance to save so much money. It was such a kind offer, and one that Wonwoo would also never be able to repay.

“The rules say that I am allowed one guest a night,” Mingyu explained, “and I never have guests, so technically, it wouldn’t be breaking the rules if you move in here indefinitely. There are a lot of people in the building who have people move in with them and they don’t say anything.”

“I’m sorry,” Wonwoo said, “this is extremely generous of you, and I will never forget the offer. But I couldn’t repay you for that.”

Mingyu bit his lip and eyed Wonwoo with disapproval, “I’m literally not paying anything for this room though.”

“Still.”

“Look, I’m pretending to be generous and all, but really the generosity is actually just a cover. Truth is, I really want a roommate. I’m not kidding; I want to have that college experience of sharing a room with some guy. My scholarship provided me with own room, and so I never got to experience it. Trust me, I’m being selfish when I’m asking you to move in, not nice.”

“I’m not all that great to live around to be honest,” Wonwoo said.

“Personally, I like you,” Mingyu said with a shrug, which made Wonwoo perk, “and I learned a lot about you that night when we went to the restaurant together. I think we would make a good fit as roommates. Mostly because you like After School though,” Mingyun said with a laugh.

“You don’t really know me though,” Wonwoo claimed.

“That’s what being roommates will help me do.”

“There’s only one bed.”

“There’s the sofa, and I could always get a mattress. There’s enough space.”

Wonwoo felt so compelled to accept the offer. It would save his life if he didn’t have to worry about paying rent anymore. He could actually eat lunch and pay for things if he didn’t have to worry about rent. So many problems would be solved if he didn’t have to worry about rent.

The water on the stove began to boil, and Mingyu shot up to tend to that as Wonwoo tried to think about what meant more to him: his pride or the guarantee of financial stability for the foreseeable future. The latter seemed to be triumphing.

As Mingyu was making the tea with his equipment, Wonwoo decided to accept his offer. But first, he wanted to make it clear to Mingyu that he was attracted to males.


A/N: you guys like this story, right? Do you know who you should thank for this story? not me, but NU’EST! If it were not NU’EST, I would not have gotten into Seventeen and therefore I would have never written this fic. So show your thanks for this fic and buy NU’EST’s new album ? :D I’m not joking btw here are some links go buy it:

KpopMart / Kpoptown / YesAsia / iTunes

Also watch the bejesus out of it here it is: