Interruption

That Stupid List

Seeing Seokmin after deciding to confess to him was a shocking experience. Jin froze when she saw, and it hit her that that guy in that body was going to hear her say what was probably the most vulnerable thing that anyone could say. She was going to offer her heart to him...

The four of them were together having lunch, and so now was definitely not when she was going to do it. She would do it next time they have their exclusive meetings. She would come out and say it, tell him exactly how she felt.

It would put him in a difficult position; she knew it would. She knew he liked and maybe even loved Sena, but she wished he would give her a chance.

“We should all go to karaoke or something this Friday,” Seokmin suggested to the group.

“Me and Wonwoo are actually have plans this Friday,” Jin revealed.

“Without us?” Seokmin pouted referring to Sena.

“It was Mingyu who arranged it,” Jin shrugged, “I would have liked if you guys came though, but I feel like it’s rude to ask more than one person to tag along.”

“Where are you guys going?” Sena asked curiously.

“This restaurant in Itaewan,” Jin replied.

“It’s okay, what about Saturday for karaoke then?” Seokmin suggested. They all agreed.

-

It was Thursday night when Jin received a text message from Wonwoo: I’m so, so nervous.

Jin knew he was talking about confessing to Mingyu. She could imagine how nervous he was, because she was feeling that way too.

J: Don’t confess if you don’t want to.

W: Nope. I promised you. I’m doing it. That’s final.

J: if you’re sure…

W: I am. But I’m aslo so so so so nervous. What if he ends up being a homophobic bigot?

J: Then good riddance. It’s a waste of time to like people like that.

J: But I don’t think he is. He doesn't seem like he would be.

W: idk.

W: I’m going to hold your hand when I confess btw. If I don’t hold your hand I’ll probably be a mess. So make sure we sit beside each other and Mingyu on the opposite side.

J: got it!

-

Sena had gone out with friends, and Jin was just about to leave to Wonwoo’s dorm so that they could walk together to meet Mingyu at the bus stop. It was then that her phone vibrated to indicate she recieved a text message. She expected it to be Mingyu or Wonwoo confirming their plans or something, but it was an unknown number.

Hey Frostbite.

Vernon. For some reason, she felt anxious about the fact he was texting her.

Hi, she responded.

V: I’m coming to pick you up. What building do you live in?

What? she responded.

I need you for that favor now. Immediately. I’m picking you up right now. What building do you live in?

Jin blinked. She hated how demanding he was, and how he thought he could just order her around like that.

I have plans with someone else now. I’ll do this favor later, she responded.

No. I need you now, Vernon said. There will be no other time. You’re coming with me NOW.

Jin frowned.

J: No. You can’t just order me around like that.

V: I can, and I will. Don’t make me blackmail you…

She didn’t know if he was serious or playing a joke on her.

J: I’ll do the favor later.

V: If you don’t tell me where your building is right now, I’ll march up to your guy friend’s dorm and tell him that you love him. I’m serious.

Jin’s mouth hung open in surprise. Was he really doing this? She didn’t think he would do it. Up until now, he has not blackmailed her once, but now he suddenly was?

V: While I’m at it, I’ll tell every single guy on your stupid list that you like them. What’s is your building number? If you don’t respond in 10 seconds, I’m doing it.

After a moment’s hesitation, and an overwhelming anxiety that was triggered by the prospect of people on her list finding out the she liked them, Jin replied with the building number.

V: Great. I’ll be there in ten minutes. Be outside.

Jin stood frozen for about two minutes before she called Wonwoo and told him that she would not be able to make it.

What? Why not?” Wonwoo asked.

I’ll tell you later, I have to go down now. Someone would be waiting for me. I’m so sorry,” she said to him. She tried to sound okay; she did not want him to worry.

Jin, are you okay?”

I’m fine.

Jin grabbed her diary and waited outside of her dorm building for Vernon. She used the time to write in it, to let out her anger, and to express the hatred she fad festering inside of her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Diary,

I hate him. You know how I said a few pages ago that I liked him. Well, I hate him now. I thought I trusted him but I don’t know what I was thinking. Why did I ever think to trust him, I don’t know. I really don't.

He blackmailed me. He actually took my secrets and dangled them in my face, threatening me with them. I didn’t think he would. I thought he was a decent guy, but he’s not. And now I have to do something for this absolute . He's going to take me somewhere and I have to do him a "favor." Can it even be called a favor if he's forcing me to do it?

I don’t trust him anymore. I don’t know where he’s going to take me, but I really don’t trust him. I feel like this is a mistake, and that I shouldn’t let him take me wherever he wants to take me, but somehow the prospect of Vernon letting my secrets out is worth the risk I’m taking.

I hate him.


A/N: jerk!vernon is back! :P