The Third Wheel

That Stupid List

Sena, Seokmin and Wonwoo grew very close in the first few months. Jin sometimes tagged along with them, but perhaps she wasn’t as close to them as they were to one another. The four had dinner together every weekend an opened up to one another about things. Wonwoo told everyone he was gay, and Seokmin told everyone a personal story.

He had a girlfriend in his school days. She died when a drunk driver had run over her, and it broke him for many months. It was hard for Jin to think of a broken Seokmin, given that he was one of the brightest and most cheerful people Jin had ever met. While he was admitting it to them, Seokmin changed completely. Jin could see how hard it was for him to talk about it.

Jin told them all about her diary. She usually kept it a secret, because no one wants to admit that all of the juicy secrets are contained in a notebook she carries around with her everywhere. But given that they were all revealing deep secrets, she thought she should too. She didn’t necessarily feel close to them, but she felt like she owed it to them. She had told Sena about it before, and she trusted Seokmin and Wonwoo enough to reveal it.

Sena was the least secretive of the group. She didn’t have anything to admit to them, which made her feel kind of guilty.

“Am I the only one who doesn’t have anything to tell you to prove my dedication to this friendship?” Sena asked, crossing her arms and pouting, “oh wait, actually, here’s one, I am a .”

Wonwoo and Seokmin burst out laughing when she said it. She said it in a loud voice and so everyone around them in the restaurant stared. Sena turned bright red.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry,” Seokmin said as he tried to contain his laughter, “I’m not laughing at your ity, I’m laughing at how said it out loud…”

“And don’t worry, I’m a myself,” Wonwoo admitted as well, whispering, “most because it’s hard to find a romantic partner if you’re gay.”

“I am also a ,” Jin admitted sheepishly, just so that Sena is not alone in her embarrassment.

All three eyes looked towards Seokmin, as if expecting him to say that he was one too. But he just shrugged his shoulders, “I’m not a loser like all of you guys,” he joked.

“Hey,” Sena defended, “Wonwoo’s gay and me and Jin lived in Jordan most of our lives, so we all have valid excuses.”

It was true. Jordan was quite the conservative country, and dates were hard to come by. Although Sena has gone out with a few people, Jin had never gone out with anyone in her life. It’s that Sena had gone to an international school, whilst Jin had gone to a local all girls’ school. No one dated in Jin’s school, and if they did, no one admitted it. Jin had not even really considered dating at all.

“So, Seokkie,” Sena said to Seokmin with aegyo, “tell us about your first time.”

Seokmin playfully flicked her forehead, and told her that it was none of her business. Jin saw that Seokmin was repressing the enthusiasm of his smile as he looked at Sena. Maybe Sena and Seokmin would hit it off, thought Jin. He clearly likes her, and Sena seems to like him too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Diary,

I didn’t think I would make friends besides Sena, but I did. I guess you could call them friends. Seokmin and Wonwoo are great people, and I like spending time with them.

But sometimes I feel like the third wheel in that group to be honest. All three of them seem so close, and I’m just kind of there. I don’t really talk or take much part in their conversation because of my dreaded shyness that has cursed me into loneliness and feeling unloved.

I’m glad Sena is making friends, I really am. But I’m so afraid she’ll just one day leave me, you know? She’ll stay with Wonwoo and Seokmin and forget about me.

I think Seokmin likes Sena. I feel like Seokmin in particular only ever acknowledges me because he has to, because it would be rude not to. I don’t think Seokmin ever acknowledged me for me. It’s slightly hurtful. I don’t know, maybe I’m overthinking it. Seokmin sometimes acts like I’m not there. I don’t think he means to though; he is genuinely a nice person. But he’s there for Sena, and my integration in the group is like Sena’s condition for them hanging out with each other.

Maybe I’m wronging him. He was never mean to me ever. He has never done anything to show me that he doesn’t want me around. Then again, he’s never done anything to suggest otherwise either…

Sena is much prettier and friendlier and cooler than I will ever be…

I feel closer to Wonwoo than to Seokmin. Sometimes I feel like Wonwoo can’t help but resent the Christian side of me though. I wore my cross necklace today and I caught him looking at with clear resentment today. But still, he talks to me when Seokmin is talking to Sena and ignoring me. Maybe because he feels sorry for me.

Wonwoo is a good person. It might be stupid, but I think I have a hopeless crush on him. Hopeless in the full sense of the term. Dilemma.


A/N: I promise you'll see Vernon in the next chapter :)

Anyways, wow I'm getting a lot more subbies than I imagined I would. Thank you very much for support, and I hope you enjoy the rest of the story!