Hot Tea

That Stupid List

When the tea was finally prepared, Mingyu offered it to Wonwoo in a mug. It was this transparent orange liquid, and it smelled absolutely wonderful.

“Wait until it cools down a bit,” Mingyu advised, “otherwise you won’t taste it properly.”

Wonwoo nodded and set it on the arm of the sofa as Mingyu took a seat beside him.

“So? What do you say? Roommates?”

“I had another roommate before, you know,” Wonwoo said, looking at the floor, ashamed, “but he didn’t want to stay in that room with me because he found out something about me. I think you should know what it is before you commit to this.”

“You’re into guys,” Mingyu stated matter-of-factly.

Wonwoo looked up at him curiously, “you knew?”

“I heard the rumor,” Mingyu replied with a shrug. “I didn’t know if it was true or not before, but now I guess I do.” He didn’t seem all that fazed by it in the least bit.

“And you’re okay with it?” Wonwoo asked. Wonwoo had always feared Mingyu’s reaction to this part of him. He knew that Mingyu was conservative, and so to see that Mingyu was not disgusted or anything was so relieving.

“As long as I don’t see you and your partners getting it on, then whatever,” Mingyu said with a shrug.

“Aren’t you afraid I would fall in love with you or something?” Wonwoo asked, “that’s always the fear.”

“I didn’t really think about that,” Mingyu responded, “and if you ever fall in love with me, it means you have good taste, so it might be a good thing,” he joked. Wonwoo smiled, trying to suppress himself from blushing. “In all seriousness though,” Mingyu continues, “as long as it’s not in my face all the time, I don’t really care.”

“It won’t be in your face. I have never had a male partner anyways,” Wonwoo told him.

“Perfect. So it’s settled?”

“Are you sure about this?” Wonwoo asked on more time, just to confirm.

“Yes, I’m sure,” Mingyu replied. “So you agree?”

Wonwoo nodded, and then stood up and bowed 90 degrees towards Mingyu, “thank you so much. I am forever in your debt. You don’t understand how much relief you brought me with this. Thank you so, so much.”

Mingyu accepted the gratitude with a bow and a kind smile, "now enough of that. Try the tea!"

Wonwoo nodded. He was so happy with what had just happened, that he knew that anything he tried would taste wonderful no matter what. He grabbed the handle of the mug and put it to his lips. Perhaps he had been just a little too excited, and forgotten that the tea was scorching hot.

"Ahh," Wonwoo said as he hissed when the liquid came in contact with his tongue.

"You burned your tongue?" Mingyu asked, seeming a little surprised that this could actually happen to an adult.

Wonwoo nodded, feeling embarassed and stupid. Just when things were going right between him and Mingyu, he had to make a fool out of himself again.

Mingyu went over to his freezer to grab an ice cube, which he handed over to Wonwoo. Wonwoo accepted the cube and put it on his tongue, feeling like a stupid child.

"Well now you won't get to taste the tea in all its glory," Mingyu said. He took Wonwoo's mug, and began drinking from it himself.

"Why are yiou drinking my tea?" Wonwoo asked.

"Because you're not allowed to drink it until you can actually properly taste it. This tea will not be wasted on a burnt tongue," Mingyu declared jokingly. Wonwoo pouted; he really was looking forward to finally tasting it.

"But..."

"You're my roommate now, you'll have plenty more opportunities to drink this tea."

Wonwoo still found it difficult to process that he was Mingyu's roommate, and that the room he was now in would become his home that semester. It was much grander than he was, much grander than anything he would have been able to afford ever.

“I’m glad you accepted the offer; I was afraid that you wouldn’t,” Mingyu said. “Sometimes it gets lonely in this room. It’s nice and spacious, but I hated being in here. That’s why I always study in the library. At least there, I have people around me.”

Of course, Wonwoo knew that Mingyu spent a lot of time in the library. Wonwoo had kind of stalked him there for the longest time. He remembered when he used to sit there and just look at Mingyu. It wasn’t even that long ago; he only stopped when the rumor was spread, and he became self-conscious being alone in public. It still somehow felt like the distant past. Mingyu was no longer just the handsome guy at the library; they actually became friends now, which was something that Wonwoo never really imagined.

He certainly didn’t imagine that they would become roommates either.

He was roommates with his crush, with a guy that he found attractive. What a perfect setup, Wonwoo thought bemused as he imagined a potential love story arising out of this, a love story Wonwoo was certain would never happen, but it didn’t hurt to dream.

“So when will you move in?” Mingyu asked before taking another sip from his tea.

“There’s two weeks until the end of the month. I will move in the first night of next month.”

“You can move in before if you want. And get your stuff in here before that. I’ll clear some closet space.”

“Any ground rules I should know about?” Wonwoo asked.

“Yeah, a couple, actually. You can bring friends over, but nothing ual in here please. Second of all, as you can tell, I like to be organized and clean, so keep the room that way. I also have this condition where smoke in general makes me nauseous, so no cigarettes of anything of that sort.”

“You don’t have to worry about any of that,” Wonwoo said. “I have no partners, I’m pretty organized and I don’t smoke.”

“Perfect. See, I told you we’re good together. What about you? Anything I should avoid?”

“I’m in no position to make demands.”

“We’re roommates; I should know stuff that peeve you. Do you mind my statue of the Buddha? Do you hate seeing the toilet seat up? Do you mind if I play music out loud? Do the After School posters bother you?”

“No to everything.”

“What about praying? I recite a prayer everyday for a few minutes. Would it bother you? I know you have a thing against religion in general.”

“No, it won’t bother me,” Wonwoo reassured, “so pray all you like.”

“Will you just be silently judging me though?” Mingyu responded lightheartedly, to which Wonwoo only smiled and shrugged.

They conversed for a while longer about random things, and eventually Wonwoo excused himself, saying that he needed to go back and get some work done.

As he walked back, he realized just how happy he was in that moment. Mingyu had made him so happy, and it wasn’t just because he didn’t have to worry about the money problem anymore. Being with Mingyu just made him feel abnormally happy. He really liked Mingyu, and it wasn’t just attraction like it had been before. Mingyu was so kind to him, especially today, and it drove Wonwoo mad with feelings for him.

There was a spark there with Mingyu that he didn’t feel with Jin. The thought of being with Jin suddenly felt so wrong to him. As much as he liked her and as much as she meant to him, there was still something missing. All it took was one meeting with Mingyu to realize it.

He figured that he should let her know that he made his decision.

 


A/N: did I just kill JinWoo? Maybe ... :P

and meanie will be roommates yay. I have a cute meanie thing planned out I hope you stick around to enjoy it  ^^

so I’m trying to do this thing where the number of chapters will be the number of upvotes. This is my shameless way of saying upvote if you want updates! I’m joking, I’m joking ^^ (or am I?):P