Ch 10

The Adventures of Moon Eun Jung

          The knock becomes louder and more urgent. "Open up!"   Sounds like the person was desperate. I open the door. Taek Gu stumbles in slamming the door shut. He pushes me out of the way and starts opening doors. "What are you doing here?" I question, watching him peer inside rooms, which wasn't much. "I need to hide!" Taek Gu hisses. "Why?" I ask, noticing that he was bleeding. I don't mention it. "The closet?" I ask Taek Gu opening the door to my bedroom. He peers inside, "Your house is too small." That reminds me once more--how in the world do they know where I live? Even Taek Gu knows! Is my house easy to locate or did someone follow me?

A loud knock at the door. "!" Taek Gu hisses, "I guess this'll do!" He dives inside my closet, "Don't tell them I'm here!" he adds. I nod,"Okay!" I shut the closet door and run to the door. I take a deep breath and open the door. As soon as I open it three males intrude, slamming me against the wall. I gasp, wincing at the pain in my back. "Where is he?" the one in the middle asks. "Who?" I respond. "Kim Taek Gu!" he shouts. I try not to flinch. "Search the house!" he commands to the other two. , they'll find Taek Gu in no time. Wait! Why was I helping him anyways?

"Um, who's Kim Taek Gu?" I ask the leader, eyeing one of the males opening my bedroom door. "It doesn't concern you," he replies. "T-then why are you here?" I question. "I saw him come down this way," the male growls. Oh no! He's opening the closet door!   "Fine!" I shout, "I-I lied! Kim Taek Gu, I know him! He..." I scan my brain for something. Anything! "He's...hiding in the bathroom!" I shout," in..in the cabinet!" The two males go to check. That was close. 

The leader rubs his chin, "Why are you betraying him? Are you...lying?" I put on my poker face, "Yes, I was lying. He's actually in the closet." The leader slams me against the wall. I nearly crouch down to ease the pain, but I don't.  "You...which one is true? Are you lying for both? Where are you really hiding him?" I smirk, "Where do you think?"

"He's in the closet!"   Oopps, my plan failed. "Told you he's in the closet." Taek Gu punches the other guy aside. The leader runs at him, "Kim Taek Gu!" Taek Gu dodges his punch and runs towards me. Huh?

Before I know it, I'm being dragged out the door. "W-wait!" I yell at Taek Gu, "I-I can't leave my house!" The other three give chase. I can't leave my house door open! I resist Taek Gu, sliding my feet across the ground. "Stop doing that!" Taek Gu roars. "I need to go back!" I shout. "You can't numbskull !" Taek Gu shouts back, "they know where you live now. If they can't get me they'll come back for you!"  I sigh. "You didn't have to take me with you. Either way I still have to go back to my house," I mutter. 

We run through an alley, the sound of footsteps following us. I become disoriented in the dark. Left, right, right, left, straight, turn back. I lose the way. How am I going to get back home? Taek Gu stumbles, which almost make me trip. He lets go of my hand, clutching his bleeding shoulder. "Augh! Damn bastards!"  I think of asking if he's okay, but don't. "Over here!" they shout. "Run!" I shout, pulling Taek Gu this time. I have no clue where I'm going at all! I run where my legs take me. I pant hard, every lungful painful. This is more exercise than I've ever had. 

Taek Gu cries out. I look back. The leader guy is holding Taek Gu's wounded arm. I gotta shake him loose! "Kim Taek Gu you bastard! I'm not letting you get away!"  I make a sharp turn, jerking hard on Taek Gu. We skim close to the wall. I hear the leader cry out as he slams into the wall. Yes, it worked!

"Omphf!" I collide with something soft, but hard.