Ch 19

The Adventures of Moon Eun Jung

          "First let's get out of the mud," Na Hee suggests. Everyone willingly gets off the muddy road. I follow feeling lame. I have nothing to do with Exo anymore but I can't help following them. I sigh at myself, the human instinct. I'm in an unknown place so I guess it's best to stick with people I know....or used to know. While I'm thinking everyone else continues to ignore me. I decide not to care. I rub my bruises. I have no time to worry about Exo. I'm curious to know where we are. As everyone talks I examine our surroundings some more. Everything is very foresty. The trees are large even from this distance. Other than trees to either side of us, there is nothing. We were transported to a place with a lot of forests. I say transport because that's obviously what happened. If you watch enough anime you can pretty much guess what happened.

Again I am struck by the unrealness of this. I could be dreaming, but at the same time all of this is too real. The mud on my skirt and legs, my mud stained socks...might as well accept what was happening. Thinking too much would drive me crazy. I study my shoes. I do have one question, how were we going to get back? 

Through the soft drops of rain I hear and feel a rumble shaking the ground What was making that noise? I my head to the right. Where was the sound coming from? Was it a bulldozer? I have no clue. I don't even know what a bulldozer sounds like. I do know that whatever it was, it was definitely headed our way. "Where's that sound coming from?" D.O. asks. Just then to my right, an asian man wearing ancient looking clothes similar to chinese clothes appears. He rode a dark brown horse followed by a whole army of men.

"Run!" Suho shouts. They begin running, while I slowly back away from the road. Who were these men? Where were they going? The man spots us.

"Halt!" he shouts pulling the horse to a stop. Exo had stopped running, probably curious.

The man jumps off the horse. I notice his huge muscles. He doesn't even glance at me. Instead he heads straight for Exo. I eye the other horsemen, but most of my attention was taken by the man. About a foot away from the new girl he kneels, getting on one knee, his right arm to his chest, head bowed. "Your highness! We have found you at last!"

The new girl stares at the man in shock, "W-who are you?" The man gives her an odd look. "Your highness have you forgotten your loyal servant so quickly? It is I, Wu-Chin. General of the Xinglu Army."  The new girl turns to Exo, "What is he trying to say?" then to the man---Genreal Wu-Chin, " do you know who I am?"  General Wu-Chin gives her another odd look, "Your highness? Do you have amnesia? Do you not know who your are?"  "No," the new girl says slowly. Wu-Chin clears his throat, "You are Your Highness Princess Mai-Le of the Xinglu Empire. Heir to the throne."

"Princess?" Sehun whispers. The new girl smiles nervously, " I think you're mistaken. I'm not a princess and I'm not from here. My name is Lee Haru. I think you've mistaken me for someone else."   "Your dress is odd," Wu-Chin mutters, "I know with certainty that you are Princess Mai-Le. Who else can you be? You have the beauty of your mother, Queen Wai."   "She's not----" Na Hee begins but the general suddenly stands up, "Excuse my rudeness your highness, but we don't have time for this! We need to immideately return to the palace!"

Haru backs away, " Like I said I'm not----" Acting swiftly General Wu-Chin lifts Haru up. "Excuse me your highness, but your father says that no matter what you say I must return you to the palace!"  "Put her down!" Lay shouts, attacking Wu-Chin. With one arm he has Lay flat on the ground.  It had happened so fast all I saw was his arm go up and Lay on the ground. "Help!" Haru yells. Wu-Chin apologizes to Lay," Forgive me Daichu, but the princess is needed at the palace immidieately." He stops then adds, "Seeing that you have no horses the 13 Warriors may ride with my men."

"Wait, what?" Baekhyun stutters. He points to all members of Exo and Taek Gu, "Did you call us the 13 Warriors?"

"What else are you?" Wu-Chin say matter factly. He places Haru on his horse and gets on behind her, "Hurry up, we have no time to waste!" The 13 boys glance at each other. "Should we go?" Xiumin asks. "No way!" hisses Chanyeol, " we don't know them!"  "But they have Haru," reminds Lay.  "We have to go with them!" Na Hee insists.

"What is taking so long?" Wu-Chin asks, slightly irratated. Na Hee pushes the boys foward, "Go!" Reluctantly the 13 boys and Na Hee are helped onto a horse with a rider---after it was discovered they didn't know how to ride.

Wait a minute....What about me? Was I going to be left here by myself? I walk over to General Wu-Chin, the man of authority. "Um, what about me?" His eyes skim right over me like I don't exist. Was I invisible? He kicks his horse," Let's go! To the palace!" My heart sinks as I realize that I really was going to be left behind.

"Wait! What about Eun Jung?" Na Hee shouts, looking back at me. "Who are you talking about?" Wu-Chin replies. I can only watch in embarassment as the rest of Exo look back at me as the whole army of horsemen tramples away. Taek Gu suddenly turns around on his horse, "Take my hand!" Surprised I run towards him, but Taek Gu's rider suddenly swerves the horse away and picks up speed.

I almost collapse right then and there from shock. I feel stunned and lost. What do I do now? I don't know where to go and it was obvious a man such as Wu-Chin was not aknowledging my existence. Why? Let me see...Haru was a princess, Exo and Taek Gu warriors...Na Hee got to go...so why not me? I make up my mind. I'll just follow them....since I have nowhere else to go.

It was easy to follow them. They left a path of hoofprints in the mud. Lucky for me it was raining lightly. I walk to the side of the road careful not to erase the tracks. Slowly I'm getting soaked. I look up at the sky. It's still raining softly, but if it starts to rain any harder the tracks may disappear. I'm just relying on what I need in a book though. I begin running. They couldn't have gone far or maybe they have since they're riding horses. It's not even safe for me to be by myself. If we are in the old days in another world or whatever, there is definitely going to be bandits in the forests.

I think I hear something, which spurs me into running faster. It might just be my imagination, but I can't help being frightened. I eventually slow to a stop, exhausted. I need to rest. I really want to sit on the ground and rest, but I'd rather not get wetter. THUNK! I jump. What was that? I look at the wet ground and see a dagger. I cuss inside my head. I glance around. Where did it come from? I barely look around and sprint for my life.