Ch 16

The Adventures of Moon Eun Jung

          I return to school, teeth chattering. At the gates I bump into Exo. Looks like I was gone all of the school hours. I step in front of them since they were about to walk off like they didn't see me. "I know who took Na Hee!" I say. The stop. "Are you tricking us?" Chanyeol growls. I shake my head, "A guy named Ice has her." They all perk up at the name. 

"Ice? Ice took her?" Taek Gu shouts running up behind me. Looks like he had been running around all day too. Everyone in Exo starts running, lead by Taek Gu. "You guys know where Na Hee is?" I ask. They don't answer. I shiver violently. I was freezing. I look back at the school where my coat and stuff were. I turn away. Who cares we--I need to rescue Na Hee. I follow them.

 

          I keep lagging behind, but when I get angry at my weakness, it manages to boost me enough that I don't lose track of Exo. We finally reach our destination, an old abandoned building. The 13 guys enter the building. I follow. Inside there is no relief from the cold. It is all just wide empty space with gray concrete floor and many large windows. In the center of the room is Ice. Tied to a chair is Na Hee who is unconscious.

"What do you want with us?" Kris calls out. Ice walks forward, his footsteps silent. "I want all of Exo. We have unfinished business."  "I thought we finished," Lay speaks up. Ice narrows his eyes, "That's what you think. Especially after you killed Ha Na." I glance at Exo. They killed someone? Was that possible? Why would Exo kill anyone?

Na Hee groans. 

"Na Hee!" Taek Gu, Tao, and Luhan yell. Na Hee sits up, "Guys? You're here!" Everyone is about to rush over, but Ice steps in front of her," If you fight," at the word fight we are surrounded by Ice's gang. "If you fight you risk exposing yourself. Are you okay with letting her know about that?" Luhan clenches his fist. He glances at Na Hee, then the rest of Exo. "We fight," Suho says, " we can't keep it a secret forever"

A blast of cold air and all their eyes turn gold. Na Hee gasps, "Guys?"

Luhan attacks first, a loud rumble follows as a lot of feet pound the ground. Exo and Ice's gang collide a visible mixture of school uniforms and white. While everyone is busy fighting, I make my way over to Na Hee. A wooden stick cracks against my back, I wince, but continue my way through the crowd. I make it through with a few injuries. "Na Hee!"

Her eyes widen, "Eun Jung? Why are you here?" I get behind the chair, "To rescue you!"  "ARGH!" I cry out. Something invisible throws me across the room. Ice glares at me with a stone face, "Don't even try. I need her." I ignore him, acting like the dumb heroine. Everytie I run to Na Hee he blasts me back I roll across the concrete floor and roll to a stop. I'm so exhausted I can't bring myself to get back up. I then notice that everyone in Exo has been restrained. They strain to break free, but with three people holding each of them back, it was impossible to break free--especially if the three holding them have powers too.

Ice holds a hand up to Na Hee, "You killed Ha Na while I was powerless! Now I will kill her while you watch helplessly!" At his words I force myself up and run for Na Hee. I am one foot away when Ice fires. Sharp shards of ice head straight for Na Hee. "No!" I shout. Wham!

I hit the ground, a sharp crack as Na Hee's chair hits the floor. Instead of sacrificing myself, I had knocked Na Hee's chair over instead. Hey, why sacrifice yourself when you have another option? "Are you okay?" I ask. Na Hee turns her head towards me," Yeah, almost cracked my head open."  "Watch out!" Luhan yells.

An ice shard embeds into my calf, I scream a cuss word. "Stop!" Ice yells firing more ice daggers. I pull out the ice shard, crying in pain, and quickly throw it to the ground. The volley of ice daggers rain down where we were as I drag Na Hee to safety in her chair. "Guys!" I shout, " a little help here! I don't have powers and I don't think this will work for long!" I run to the left, dragging Na Hee with me. "Grab one of those ice shards and cut me loose!" Na Hee shouts to me. I nod and grab one on the ground.

Exo finally breaks free. Luhan throws five guys across the room as Xiumin has an ice battle with two. Suho draws water out of the snow from outside and slams it into five guys. Sehun  summons a gust of wind that blows several sliding across the room. Chen draws forth lightning and volts someone. I stare in shock. I only thought that they turned beast-like. I didn't know they had other abilities!

I hand Na Hee the ice shard, "You cut! I've got to save you and me!" Na Hee saws wildly at the rope binding her wrist, cutting her fingers. Bright red blood drips from her hands and onto the floor, leaving a trail as I dodge attacks from Ice. Taek Gu attacks Ice, momentarily distracting him. I stop dragging the chair and grab a fallen ice shard. While Na Hee works on her bound wrists. I saw away at the ropes binding her legs. "Hurry!" Na Hee urges. I saw faster. I don't know how long Taek Gu can keep Ice occupied. I quickly glance at the two fighting. Taek Gu runs a blur around Ice who can't catch him with his power. 

I grit my teeth at the ice hot pain as the sharp dagger cuts into my skin. Na Hee's ice dagger clatters to the floor, "My hands are free!" I manage to saw through the last strand of rope around Na Hee's legs. Now I only have the rope across her chest left.

Suddenly Na Hee shouts, "Dodge Eun Jung!" I grab the leg of the chair just as the force of a mountain crashes against us. My face smashes against the chair's leg. I can feel us lift off the groung then a loud crash like breaking glass. I hear someone scream Na Hee's name. Na Hee smashes into the window, back first, shattering the window into jagged shards. Still holding tightly onto the leg of the chair my body rakes across the remaining glass still attached to the window. I feel the glass pierce my body and slice the skin open through my uniform. I scream even louder as my less unprotected legs, even with pants on, drags across the glass teeths.

We both hit the soft snow, covering my face as shining shards of glass rains down on us. I lay beside Na Hee, staring at her face. Her eyes are close. I study her pale sking and watch as snowflakes drift softly through the air and kiss her cheeks and hair. In the snow I see blood, red as rubies, spill across the white. I can't move. I can't speak, but I can think. Na Hee...was that her blood? I'm so cold now I can't feel my arms and legs, my whole body. Against my will my eyelids begin to feel heavy. Is Na Hee dead? Am I dying? I let my eyes close at the thought. I always knew that I'd die someday. All alone in a world of gray and white. I let my muscles relax. I think...the world becomes foggy....I think I need to sleep. I sigh in relief. I'm so tired. I want to sleep and never wake up.....