Ch 11

The Adventures of Moon Eun Jung

       "Eun Jung?" I back away, then blink at the person. "Uh...T-Tao?" His face turns hostile, "Taek Gu."  Taek Gu winces, "Well, if it isn't Tao."   "Kim Taek Gu! I've got you now!" the leader shouts.  "Can it!" Taek Gu hisses, kicking him.   "What are you two doing together?" Tao asks. Taek Gu snorts, "Can't you tell?"

One of the guys with the leader runs over and helps the leader up. "Boss, I've called the reinforcements. They should be here right now!" Taek Gu curses, "We've got to run, now! I'll explain later!" I glance at Tao, "Um..." Taek Gu suddenly stops, "Oh , too late!"  Already waiting was the reinforcements. The leader smirks, "Good job guys!" He glares at Taek Gu, "You're going to pay for it now Kim Taek Gu."

I glue myself to the wall. for me! I can't fight! Even if I try to avoid, I'd still get hit as a bystander. I consider running back home...but I don't know where I am. Tao clenches his fist, "Causing trouble as always Taek Gu."  Taek Gu smirks, "It's my trademark."

Like a tidal wave, with about twenty against two, they collide, crashing into each other. I shuffle as far away as I can. I gasp, dodging someone who was sent flying. Tao and Taek Gu fight fiercely, but they were being overpowered. I wish I could help, but I know I'll only get in the way. I could get the rest of Exo! But I don't have a cell phone nor do I know where they live. I sag against the wall. An overwhelming crowd supresses Tao and Taek Gu. Every three they took out, three more replaced them. What? Was this a war or something? Then I saw it. It flashes in the moonlight, cold silver. "One of them has a bat!" I warn at the top of my lungs. Had the other gang been hiding it? Of course.

Taek Gu hears my warning and dodges just in time. CRACK! My eyes widen in shock as I gasp. "Tao!" Taek Gu shouts. He punches an advancing person and kicks another. Tao stumbles foward, a trickle of black runs down the side of his face. Blood. Is he going to be okay? Tal falls to his knees, shaking his head. The fight continues, someone trips over Tao.  What do I do? I have to help him. But I am glued to the wall, my feet won't move. If I step into that mad fight I could get hurt too.     That shouldn't matter! Tao's hurt, he needs to get to a hospital. Was my life that important that I can't bring myself to help? Yes, it was. I curse myself. Go! Go! I clench my teeth.

Taek Gu beats up anyone that comes near Tao, but it's not working. There's too many of them for him to escape with Tao. Tao cries out when he gets kicked in the ribs. Go! Go! Go! I shout to myself. It's not the moving that is hard, that is keeping me back. It's my cowardice and fear and selfishness. F*** this! If I die, I die! With that, I run into the mass of fighting people.

I barrel through the crowd, literally. I knock a few guys down with just a headbutt, though I'm sure I've caused damage to my brain. I dodge a guy who gets knocked over by Taek Gu. One guy hits me in the eye with his elbow. I make my way over to Taek Gu and Tao with one eye closed, tears streaming from it. "What are you doing here? Go back! You can't fight!" Taek Gu yells. I don't reply. I crawl over to Tao. "T-------"

A cold blast of air electrifies the air, the mysterious gust blowing back my hair. "What was that?" someone says. Tao who has his head down, lifts his head. His eyes glow gold in the dark, a snarl echoes in the silence. Goosebumps rise as the hair on my neck stands straight up. "He's gone beast!" Taek Gu hisses. "What the h***!" the leader gasps. Tao stands up, towering over a short me, even shorter because I'm crouching. Tao curls his fingers. He growls. Instantly he vanishes, then appears. A gang member cries out as he's thrown with inhuman strength. I stare in awe. Just like in a fiction book....

The rest of the gang freaks out and runs away, shouting, "Monster!" Tao turns to Taek Gu and me, growling. I step back. Not good. "Tao!" Taek Gu hisses, "calm down! We're not the enemy!" Tao vanishes. Who's he going after? Taek Gu slams against the wall. "Tao! Calm down!" he coughs. Tao presses harder on Taek Gu's throat with his forearm. I should do something. I take a tentative step foward. "Um, Tao?"  He pays no attention to me, glaring at Taek Gu. I step closer, "Uh, Tao?" Nothing.             "Get back!" Taek Gu hisses. "In beast mode he can't hear you! All he cares about is destroying me. Go! You'll get hurt!"

He's got a point, but I don't go. I tap Tao on the elbow, "Um, Tao...uh...are you done yet? They're all gone." He growls, turning around, his arm smacking me across the face. I stumble back at the pain. Taek Gu falls to the ground panting. "Tao! Stop it!" I back awa from Tao. I hold up my hands to him, "Tao."  He snarls at me.              "Tao. Focus. CalmdownyouareTaoIknowyoucancontrolyourselfsodoitbeforeyoukillmesofocusTaoIdon'twanttodiehearmelookyouIdon'twanttodiesofocusyou'reevenmakingmetalkfastnowsoTaoglabajfkjjjfoeijkljalkfjjofjsojfosj." (Yeah. She's talking really fast so you're going to have to read carefully to understand what she is saying.) I hit the wall behind me. Taek Gu stands up, rubbing his throat. Tao comes closer. I stare at his gold eyes. What was he supposed to be? Taek Gu said beast. I sigh, exasperated. A beauty. I was just going by fairy tale standards, but I need a beauty to stop this beast. The only one I can think of is, "Look! It's Na Hee!" I exclaim, pointing behind Tao.

Tao's pupils expand and the gold of his iris fades to dark brown. "Na Hee? Where?" He spins around searching wildly.  I sigh. It actually worked....his reaction....does Tao like Na Hee too?  "I don't see her," Tao says. "I lied," I explain. Taek Gu laughs. "You're back to normal panda. You do realize that you could have done worse to Eun Jung if she hadn't been smart."  Tao rubs his temples,"Sorry Eun Jung, I just...I didn't mean to hurt you."  I rub my aching face, "Um, it's okay," though it really hurts.  "Don't lie," Taek Gu says. He places a hand on Tao's shoulder, "Dude, you need to work on control."