Ch 3

The Adventures of Moon Eun Jung

     I couldn't do it. As soon as I walked into the classroom I changed my mind and went straight for my desk. Stupid. Idiot. Coward. I scold my cowardice as I rad my book. All day my my mind raced with curiousty. There had to be a reason. It was just too bizarre. Why me? They could've just secretly watched me. Why ask me to join? Did it have something to do with the saying 'Keep your friends close, but keep you enemies closer' ? I frown slightly. So I'm a threat to Exo? I glance over at the five boys. Me a threat? How amusing.

I'm heading for an empty table when, "Eun Jung!" I really want to pretend that I didn't hear, but I couldn't deny that I had been called. Na Hee smiles, waving me over to Exo's table. I could feel everyone in the cafeteria stare at me. I plaster on a smile and walk over. Na Hee makes Chen and Luhan scoot over. I sit down, trying to calm my nerves. I dig into my rice, stuffing my mouth with kimchi, rice, and soup. D.O. smiles, "You must be really hungry." I glance at him, "Yeah," I answer through a full mouth. Okaaaaay. Was it me or was I not being treated as a threat? I consider the thought that maybe this was their way of trying to befriend me.

I stop staring at my food, finally deciding to ask again why they had really wanted me to join. I stop when I meet a girl's gaze from a table behind Exo. She was glaring at me. I gulp and quickly look down, breaking eye contact. ! I just knew it. She's that same girl who bullies Na Hee the most! I swallow rice which has gone dry in my throat. Though I can't tell, I feel like she's still glaring at me. I pray with all my heart that she would not bully me. I almost cry everytime a person I don't know yells, hates, and talk about me. Ah, I'm so stupid for letting something like this get to me, but I can't help it. It's natural for humans to feel fear, but the cowards, like me, get scared the most...or easiest. 

"So..." says Na Hee interrupting my thoughts, "tell us about yourself Eun Jung. You're always alone and keep to yourself so no one really knows much about you." I look at her. Ugh, a topic I hated to talk about. I know that Na Hee is trying to break the awkwardness. I had been sitting at this table the whole time without making conversation.

"Um, I have two sisters and five brothers," I start. "Whoa! You have a lot of siblings!" Tao exclaims. "Who's the oldest?" Kai asks. "I am," I answer. "Do any of your siblings go to school here?" Na Hee questions. "No," I answer, but they would have, well at least the 2nd eldest. Xiumin grins at me, scratching the back of his head, "It's surprising Eun Jung, I'd never thought you had that much siblings. Must be tiring to take care of them all." Well, I didn't really take care of my siblings, it kinda went to my sisters. When my family was around, I was just a lazy, smart, bum. "Yeah," I reply to Xiumin.

"We all know you like to read," Suho states, "What kind of books do you like to read?" I wish they wouldn't ask anymore questions. I don't like talking about myself to others. "I like reading fiction books and mangas," I answer. "Oh," was his slow response. "Sports?" Chanyeol asks next. "Soccer," I answer, "though I'm not very good at it." All of the booys high five each other with big grins, "We love soccer too!" Na Hee laughs at them. "They really love it," she smiles at me.

Kris holds up a hand to me for high five. I stare at it for a minute then high five him back. Though I hated answering questions and was uncomfortable being around Exo, I couldn't help thinking that it was nice.