Ch 25

The Adventures of Moon Eun Jung

          "The F***!" was the first thing I said the next morning. I was drenched in cold water, rudely awakened by Surock. My shout instantly woke everyone else. "What was that for?" I sputter to my alter ego, while wiping water off my face. Surock sighs, "The look of my face while sleeping....it irked me."  Because it is not very pretty at all, I add silently. "But still you didn't have to splash me with water," I say lightly.

"What happened?" Chen asks, yawning. Surock holds up a bucket, grinning mischeviously, "I just woke her with some water." I sigh angrily, staring at my wet clothes. "Do you have a change of clothes?"  "This isn't my place, it's Yu's ask him. If you're asking me---look at me! You should know! I'm poor. Do you expect me to have a change of clothes?"  "Obviously not," I remark with annoyance. Surock pats me on the shoulder, "Just let it dry. It's just a little water," and with that she cheerfully walks off.

Haru comments, "That was so weird. It's like seeing you comfort yourself." I had to agree, but at least I wasn't the only one. The rest of Exo's counterparts were dizzying just to see. Baekhyun walks up to me, "You know, you'd be a fun person if you were more like Surock," I stare at him. Why was he telling me this? "I guess," is all I can reply. "You should smile more, you look prettier," he adds. I glance around the small hut, blushing at the compliment.  Why exactly is he telling me this? Was he telling me to be more like Surock or....did he like me? I immedieately scratch that thought. No way.

Then like a wave a realization washes over me. Didn't I no longer have anything to do with Exo? Yet here I am associating with them again. I almost laugh outloud. What was this exactly? Why did it seem like this time fate or whatever it was, wouldn't let me shake them off. Is this fate or destiny? I cut the string that tied us together as friends, but it seemed that the string has reattached itself. My thoughts darken. I don't need friends. I like being alone. Deep inside I'm a bad person. To me all my smiles feel so false, even those that were truly happy, feels like they belonged to someone else.

I smirk at the absurbidty of it. Now, now, don't get too depressing Eun Jung.

"What? Why are you smiling? Did I say something funny?" Baekhyun asks. I sigh, "Nothing." I leave the hut and go outside the door, looking up at the sky. A gray blue sky as the sun begins to rise. Soon....after all this was over, if it ever did, things would go back to the way they were before, as if we didn't know each other anymore. I close my eyes for a second. I hope so. I hope it does. Return me to who I was before I ever met Exo. Sorry for being a guys. If I even have the right to apologize.

 

      After everyone left with Surock, I find myself stuck with Yu. The Ice look-alike. I can't believe it, that in this world Ice was nice....or so I think. I wasn't one to talk but I couldn't help it. "You..." I begin as we watch the others disappear among the trees, "Do you like Surock?"

He turns to look at me, gazing down with ice blue eyes, "No. I don't like her. I love her."  His confession and intense gaze makes my heart skip a beat, flushing my face with warmth. "You do know that she'll be digusted if you told her," I say.  

"I know," he says with slight irratation. I let a smile touch my lips," How are you going to deal with that? If I know myself, I'm a pretty stubborn person. Can you pursue her forever?"  Yu raises a brow at me," Coming from Surock's other it sounds like you're supporting me."  

"I suppose," I shrug.

"Why?" he asks.

I answer with no hesitation. "Even I want my other self to be happy, even if I do find it....unpleasant."  I wonder how Surock was going to handle this. A flicker of ironic amusement. I am such a hypocrite. I don't choose love for myself, but I want Surock to have it.

 

          "Eun Jung is acting strange again," Na Hee states. "What do you mean?" Kris asks. "I noticed too," Baekhyun agrees.  "She's doing it again," D.O. adds.  "Doing what?" Kai questions looking at Baekhyun, D.O., and Na Hee. "Leave us," Luhan answers him.

"Okay..." says other Chanyeol whose name was Sun, "What are you guys talking about?" 

"Eun Jung," answers Chanyeol. "She was our friend, but one day she told us she didn't want to be friends with us anymore...and left."

"Maybe you guys did something to upset her," Sun suggests.

All the members of Exo glance at each other.

"Maybe we did....." Suho slowly answers. 

"I bet it was because Luhan yelled at her," Baekhyun says.  Luhan tries to defend himself, "I did yell at her, but that was after she quit being friends with us."

"Well, Eun Jung was always by herself, even though she hung out with us," D.O. states.  Na Hee nods in agreement, "Yeah, it was like she was there, but not there at the same time."

"After Eun Jung left, we tried talking to her and tried to convince her to come back, but she just ignored us," Sehun says to Sun.

"We thought, since she didn't want to come back and wanted to be left alone...we should stop bothering her. She seemed to hate it when we kept pestering her," says Lay. He turns to Surock for an answer, hoping that because she was Eun Jung's alter ego, she would have an answer, "Do you know why?"  

All 28 faces, Exo and their alter egos, plus Na Hee and Haru, turn to look at her. Surock raises a brow, "You want me to explain? Because I look like her?" Everyone nods.

She sighs, " Geez....you guys... no wonder she..." Surock mutters.

"Are you going to tell us?" Na Hee asks impatiently. Surock looks up, "Well...if she's anything like me, Eun Jung is probably avoid you all."

"Avoiding us?" exclaims Na Hee. "Why?" Luhan asks.

Surock taps her chin, "Hmmmm....should I tell?"  "Yes!" Exo cries.  Surock grins, "Nah, I shouldn't. I won't."  "Why not?" Tao questions, "she's our friend."

Surock eyes him with a gleam in her eyes, "Eun Jung is stubborn. Besides if you just ask she'll tell you." Na Hee makes a face,"She'll just say no then say she said no because she felt like it." Surock smirks, "You guys think too little of her. If I know myself, Eun Jung is a pretty honest person."

Tao crosses his arms in doubt,"But what if she refuses to tell?"

Surock places a hand over her heart, "Deep inside she wants to be good...but she already is. Eun Jung....right now is lost, looking for an answer. She's searching for the light, but when the light finally appears before her...she runs away." Surock finishes her anwser with a sad smile.