Ch 16 part 2

The Adventures of Moon Eun Jung

          Warmth spreads through my numb frozen body. I get annoyed. The warmth felt so nice, but I don't want to wake up. I refuse to open my eyes. I want the warmth, but I can feel that the warmth wants to wake me, not help me curl deeper into sleep. Abruptly I'm pulled out into shocking cold. Unwillingly my eyes fly open.

The first thing I see is Lay. He holds both of his hands over me and I realize that he's healing me, that must be his power. Lay sighs in relief when he sees me, "You're finally awake!" I try to sit up, but he stops me, "Not yet. Lie down." I lie back down in the snow which is soaking through my clothes. I watch Lay for a minute. His brows are scrunched together as he stares hard at something. I notice speckles of snow in his hair. I stare up at the sky. It's still snowing. "Where's Na Hee?"

I wonder how long I had been out. "They took her to the hospital," Lay answers. "Why? Can't you heal her?" He looks at me, "I did, but Na Hee lost a lot of blood. She needs a transfusion."  "And your healing abilities can't do that?" I ask. Lay shrugs, " I haven't tried, but I think no." We lapse into silence.

I thought I was dead. I guess being thrown out a first floor window didn't kill you. I spot a few large shards of glass, stained with blood on the ground beside Lay. "Um, were those in me?" I ask. Lay nods, " Yes." Silence. "So....everyone left with Na Hee?" Lay answers yes again. A few minutes later he stands up and holds a hand out to me, "I'm done. You must be cold lying in the snow." I don't take his hand, "Thanks Lay...for healing me."