Ch 27

The Adventures of Moon Eun Jung

          I sigh in boredom. All by myself with nothing to do. Then again, if I did have something important to do I might have ruined it. My thoughts stray to Exo. Once this is all over, I'd have to say good-bye again. I feel my mood considerably darken. Okay! No need to get negative. I've done it once, I can do it again! 

Suddenly there's a knock at the door. I freeze. Who could it be? Exo? Surock and Yu? Na Hee and Haru? Or someone else? The last option worries me. The person knocks again. I get up and cautiously open the door. It's been three days since I've seen everyone, so I'm surprised when the person who steps in is my bully's alter ego! 

She glances at me, "Took you long enough." I close the door and sit back down at my favorite spot on the floor. Sun Mi's alter ego watches me. "You must be Eun Jung. Surock's other."  I nod, "And you are?"  "A spy," she answers. So she's a spy. I was hoping for a name though. Sun Mi's other looks around the small hut. "Where is everyone? They haven't arrived yet?"  "Yeah," I reply.  "Um....what's your name?"'

She turns to me, "Why do you want to know?"  I hesitate on whether to tell her the truth, so I just clip my answer short. "Um, in the other world, where I come from, I kind of... know a girl who looks just like you. Her name is Sun Mi.....so I was just wondering about yours."  Sun Mi's alter ego looks thoughtful, "Huh, so I have an alter ego too...I suppose I could tell you my name. I'm Renra."  "Oh," I reply. Silence. We stay like that as time ticks by, me feeling awkward of Renra because  she looked just like my tormentor. Maybe the Sun Mi I know isn't that  bad of a  person either...just short-tempered , a bully , and likes D.O.

After what seems like hours there's a knock at the door. Renra opens it first. Exo enters, all of them staring a Renra in surprise. She stares back, puzzled by their behavior. I pray silently that they don't mention anything about Sun Mi. Shortly afterwards Na Hee and Haru arrive, then Surock and Yu. The 13 warriors couldn't make it.

 

     "So, who would like to go first?" Surock asks. "We've got nothing," Baekhyun answers. Surock looks to Haru, "You go first, "she says.  Surock nods, "Okay, well...we found nothing at Wu-Chin's house. We think that he burnt all of his letters or something. So I--we think we're going to have to dig out Wu-Chin's secret messenger or spy, if he has one."  Yu turns to Renra, "Do you think you can do that?"  Renra chuckles, "It'll be easy. I'm a master at spying."

"Now it's our turn," announces Na Hee. Haru takes a deep breath. "I think I have a clue that could lead us to Princess Mai-Le's whereabouts."  At that everyone perks up. "Where?" Kris asks. Chanyeol shushes him.

Haru takes another deep breath, I can see her visibily shake. I wonder what's wrong.

"The clue is Prince Shinwa. You all know about his death right?" Haru asks Surock, Yu, and Renra.  "The death tha everyone is blaming me for?" Surock asks.

"Which you didn't do," Yu defends.

Haru nods, "Yes, I know that  General Wu-Chin lied about that, but while I listened to his version of the truth I realized something."   Everyone listens in tense silence. "Around the same time Prince Shinwa was murdered, Princess Mai -Le disappeared right?"  Renra nods in confirmation. Haru continues, "I realized what really happened when I said something to him.  Traumatized by her brother's death, who I'm sure Princess Mai-Le ....loved dearly, she ran away."

"Ran away?" Surock exclaims, " but the 13 warriors told us that the princess had been with them, but got taken away to be locked up somewhere else!"   "They would never lie," Renra says.

"It must have been an imposter!" pipes Chanyeol. 

"Okay! I know the 13 warriors can be trusted. So with the possibility of the princess they saw as an imposter, where is the real princess?" Surock asks Haru.

Haru looks down at the ground, her eyes watering, "I don't know. When I lost my brother...I got amnesia..." she sniffs, "due to the shock...in that state Princess Mai-Le could be anywhere."  Na Hee hugs Haru as she tries to supress her sobs.

Surock stays silent for a moment, then continues, "So she can be anywhere. Wu-Chin still could have her locked up somewhere or she could be wandering, lost somewhere.   "So what do we do? We're basically at a dead end," Renra says.   

"We could search the nearby villages..and forests," I suggest. "And wait for news from the 13 Warriors, "Surock adds.  "Or torture Wu-Chin for answers, " Taek Gu adds.

After the meeting was finished, before the others left, Surock says to Exo, Na Hee and Haru, "I think it's about time you all stop coming to visit. I have a feeling that suspicions will be roused if the 13 warriors and the princess keep mysteriously disappearing at night, even though you haven't been caught yet."

"What if we find out something important?" questions Baekhyun. Renra grins, "Leave that to me. I'll deliver the message."  "Then this also means we aren't helping in the search?" Luhan asks.  "No, you are," Yu speaks up, "the 13 warriros are known for going out into the villages to help the poor and frequently recieve minor tasks. While there you can all discreetly search for the Princess."

 

          "I have a question," I inform my other self.  "What is it?" Surock asks.  "I've been wondering for a while now, where is Na Hee's other?"   "Most likely with the princess, hopefully she is taking care of her and keeping her hidden....if they are hiding," answers Surock. I ask her another question, "Wouldn't the villagers recognize the Princess?"  

Surock grins, "That you don't have to worry about. The princess is rarely let out of the palace and if she is, her face is always hidden, so the people have no clue as to what she looks like."

I lapse into silence, sitting down at my corner as I watch Surock and Yu. Surock made some rice which we all ate in silence. Yu glances at Surock, "You have something on your face." I glance at Surock. I don't see anything on her face.'

"Where?" Surock asks wiping , "I don't have anything on my face." She narrows her eyes at Yu.

"There is," Yu insists. He leans in and wipes at something invisible. I am disgusted and amused at the same time. I see what he's up to. Just using an excuse to touch Surock---who has my face. It was a weird sight to see. I couldn't help feeling this all might be a dream.

"He's lying," I tattle to Surock. 

Surock glares at Yu, "As I thought! An excuse to  touch me! Do you want me to kill you in  your sleep?" she threatens. Yu scowls at me. "If you want to go ahead," he says.

Surock's fingers twitch. Yu's scowl turns into a grin, lighting up his handsome features. He chuckles, "I give up. I shouldn't have tried it, especially with two of you in my prescence."  With lightning speed he grabs Surock by the shoulder crushing her against him. He whispers something in her ears. He lets go with a triumphant smirk as Surock pushes him away. A faint blush on her angry face.

I look away in embarassment and shyness. So........so....I shiver........so horrifiying! Even I am blushing. Well, now I know how I look like when I'm blushing and how I will most likely react if a guy like Ice did that to me. A cold iciness tickles my heart in dislike. Again I make my resolve. I want nothing to do with love. I will never love, therefore I must fight off my sudden feeling for Tao. If push comes to shove, I will fight like a wild beast!