Ch 2

The Adventures of Moon Eun Jung

 

     I stare at Na Hee's outstretched hand. My brain had stopped working for a minute. Join Exo? She--they want me to join Exo? "Um, why...should I join?" I ask. Na Hee turns and gives Exo a look that probably meant: Why-exactly-are-we-asking-her-to-join-and-why-am-I-asking?-it-was-your-idea.

Tao speaks up, "B-because we feel bad for her. She has no friends, so I thought she would be lonely?" I am suddenly annoyed by that answer. "...So, will you join us?" Suho asks. I stare at them for a minute, deciding. "No thank you," I reply, "but thanks anyway." I turn away, but Na Hee stops me, "Why not?" I smile, "Just cause I don't feel like it."  "Why don't you feel like it?" Lay asks. Great, not those kind of questions! I am starting to get irratated. I have never really spoken to anyone at school this long before and the malnourishment of socializing was making me uncomfortable. I smile again," I just don't feel like joining." With that as my final answer, I get on my bike and for the first time, ride down the steep hill.

     I was so rude! I apologize to them silently, but I can't help it. I'm too used to the life of a loner. They just appeared out of nowhere and asked me such a random question that my defenses immediately went up. Why exactly did they want me to join anyways? Tao's answer obviously wasn't the answer.

"Joining us isn't an option." I nearly have a heart attack. Luhan grins, he was riding his bike, keeping pace with me. "Why?" I ask. "Not to mean or anything, but we can't trust you," Luhan replies, "to keep our secret."  Oh, I should have guessed.  "I won't tell," I state truthfully.  "How can I trust you?" Luhan asks. I don't answer. I had no clue how I was going to prove to them that they could trust me.

I gasp, jerking the bike to the left to avoid hitting a girl and almost crashing into Luhan. "Sorry!" I cry out to both Luhan and the girl. This is why I don't ride down the hill, I could hurt somebody!  "You could have killed me!" Luhan shouts. "Sorry!" I repeat, my heart drumming loudly from that close call. Luhan smirks, "If you're sorry join Exo." I try not to glare at him. A no is a no! I pedal harder. Luhan follows. I am so annoyed that I start swerving dangerously to lose him. "Join Exo!" Luhan shouts. I pedal faster.

     Nononononononononono! I shout back mentally. Stop bothering me and leave me alone! Out of nowhere a black blur appears at an intersection. A car! I'm going too fast! I press on the brakes and swerve to my right, crashing into a brick wall. The momentum sends me flying. I land on the ground, hitting my head. Everything turns black for a minute, then my sight returns. Luhan drops his bike and runs over, helping me up. "Are you okay?"

     I shrug out of his grasp, "Yes. I am okay," I answer coldly. The rest of Exo arrive, skidding to a stop. "What happened?" Suho asks. Luhan looks at the intersection. "A car appeared and Eun Jung almost crashed into it."   Na Hee glances at my leg, "You're bleeding!"  Huh? I look down and see that my shin is scrapped and bleeding. I didn't even notice the pain, but seeing the scrap makes my fingers twitch...in anger. 

     I pull up my sleeves and check for scraps on my arms and elbows, all seemed fine. Na Hee pulls out a band-aid with a blue background and clouds and sticks it to my scrap. "There. That's all I have for now."  "Thanks," I say with a gratitude that I wasn't feeling right now. Sorry, I apologize to her silently, but right now I'm not in the mood.

"Please join Exo," Tao pleads. I stare at all 12 boys and Na Hee. Exo only wants me to join to keep an eye on me. Should I? I think of the future to come. An imaginary tear spills down one cheek as I imagine myself looking up at the blue sky and reaching for it. Good-bye my peaceful days. So long! Farewell! 

If I didn't say yes, they would never trust me and would continue to bother me. I sigh deeply. Then once more. "Fine," I say meekly, "I'll join."

 

    I collapse on my bed as soon as I get home. Today was exhausting! It was all Exo, Exo, Exo! I just know it, being with Exo was going to drain me mentally and physically. I have nothing against them, it's just so tiring. Lucky for me they didn't walk me home. I need time to think. I roll onto my back, closing my eyes. Why did I say yes? Of course I already know why--but still--why were they so determined? Couldn't they just secretly watch me? Why did I have to join them? When I realize this, their request suddenly seems bizarre. I have to ask them tomorrow.

 

A Word from Me:    

I realize that the chapters for this story is waaaaaaaaay too long. I'm going to shorten each chapter down to make it easier to read. The original rough draft was written in a notebook so each chapter is about 12 to 16 pages long. I know right? A lot of typing to do. The original draft has 15 chapters, but since I'm shortening this there will be a whole lot of chapters, but shorter. I hope this will make it easier to read. If you actually read through the first chapter that is like extremely long you'll understand what I mean.

Please comment. Thank you!