Ch 43

The Adventures of Moon Eun Jung

          I wait for a response, putting down my leg to unblock the hallway. I lift my eyes, looking up at Taek Gu's face. "Since when did you start liking me?" he asks, showing no expression on his face. I blush, do I have to tell him, it's so stupid and awkwardm me falling for him over something like a hug-not-hug!

"Um, well, you know that day when I asked you why you left Exo?"

"Go on," Taek Gu says. 

"Um, and when those boys bumped into you in the hallway and you accidentally hugged-not-hugged-squash me against the wall? Yeah, I think I got a crush on you since then."

I wait for him to reject me like Tao did, instead Taek Gu bursts out laughing, "All because of that?"  He laughs again, "This whole time it was me, all because of a hug?"  Taek Gu wipes away a tear, "You're silly Eun Jung, really silly!"  He begins to walk away, then stops when he realizes I didn't follow, "What are you doing? Let's go back to the cafeteria!"

A rejection would have been better than being laughed at. Now I feel stupid, embarrassed, and humiliated!

 

          "My aunt want to meet you guys, " I tell Haru and Na Hee. "You're finally introducing her to us!" Na Hee says, " now I know we're really friends." I give her a puzzled look, "Why wouldn't you be?"   "Sometimes it feels like you don't see us as friends. You never tell us anything."  "Sorry," I apologize, "I'm not a very open person."  "It's okay, you can't help who you are. I'm just glad you're no longer avoiding us," says Na Hee.

"How about this cell phone?" Haru asks, holding up a pink samsung galaxy. I told Na Hee and Haru that I didn't need a phone because I lived perfectly fine without one, but they insisted and dragged me to a mall. Both girls said they would pay for it because I was poor. I stubbornly rejected their offer, but Haru and Na Hee beat me in stubborness this time. I pick up a white samsung galaxy, "This one?"

 

          When I tell aunt that Na Hee and Haru were coming over she began to prepare a lavish feast. "You don't have to go this far," I tell her.  "They're your first friends!" Aunt says, "I should go this far!"  I sigh and let her do what she wanted. I was stirring the japchae when there is a knock at the door. Aunt's fingers flutter in excitement, "I'll open the door, hurry up and finish mixing the japchae!"  I sigh in amusement.

"Oh, hello!"  I hear Aunt greet from the living room then, "Eun Jung? I thought Na Hee and Haru were coming over?" 

Surprised, I stop stirring the japchae and enter the living room, " Wha---"

Standing at the door is Taek Gu. He is dressed nicely in a white turtle neck and tan trench coat. He hands a bouquet of flowers to my aunt, "Nice to meet you. You must be Eun Jung's aunt."

What is he doing here? I suddenly have a bad feeling.

"Who are you?" Aunt asks.  Taek Gu smiles," Didn't Eun Jung tell you? I'm her boyfriend Kim Taek Gu."

Aunt turns to me,"Eun Jung?----"    "He's lying," I say pushing Aunt towards the kitchen, "Let me handle this!"

          Once Aunt is gone  I attack Taek Gu. "What are you saying?" I hiss, "we're not going out!"

"But you said you like me," Taek Gu answers.  "Yes, but I don't want to like you! Besides didn't you reject me?"

Taek Gu gives me an innocent wide eyed look," When did I do that? Oh, you mean when I laughed at you?"

"Yeah," I hiss.  What was Taek Gu up to? Was he still mad at me? Did Haru plan this? Taek Gu pushes his way into the living room, "I laughed at you, but I didn't reject you. When did I say I didn't like you back?"

I freeze. What did he say? Seeing my expression Taek Gu smirks, "Let me explain. If I had told you that I liked you back you would have rejected me--so knowin you would do that--I pretended to act as if nothing was wrong. Then to make it impossible for you to reject me I came here to announce to your Aunt that we are dating."

"Wrong!" I say, trying to push him out the door, "I can still reject you and tell my aunt the truth!"

"Okay, okay, I'll leave, you don't have to push me!" Taek Gu shouts. I stop pushing, "Fine, hurry up and go!"

"But first, aren't you curioous about when I started to like you?"  I was, but didn't want him here a minute longer, "No, I don't!"

Taek Gu ignores me anyways. "I fell for you way before you fell for me! I started liking you on the day Na Hee went missing."

Now my curiousty was peaked. "What? Why? I left Exo and I was a coward and didn't tell Exo when Na Hee went missing. Why would you like me?"

Taek Gu grins, "I didn't fall for you because of that! I was mad at you too, what made me fall for you was what you did afterwards. I saw you running around in the blizzard searching for Na Hee, freezing yourself to death, and I saw you risk your life to save Na Hee. That's why I fell for you. You're not as much the coward you think you are Eun Jung."

I feel a blush coming, but force it back, "Well, it didn't look like you liked me and no, I don't like you, so hurry up and leave!"  I drag him out the door. Taek Gu relents, letting me drag him out, "You know what Surock said is true."  I ignore what he's trying to say.  "Even when the lights before you, you keep running away."  "What's your point?" I ask, gruffly.

Suddenly he hugs me, "Caught you off gaurd!"  

"Let go!"  I hiss struggling to break free. Taek Gu grabs my face, smushing my cheeks together, "Come on Eun Jung, stop running away," then he kisses me right on----the forehead. Taek Gu let's go as I step back in shock, covering my forehead. My mouth hangs open as my brain tries to register what just happened.

Taek Gu laughs, "Come on Eun Jung it was just a kiss on the forehead, why so shocked? What? If I had actually kissed you on the lips instead of restraining myself you would be dead from shock?"

"You-you!" I splutter. My whole face on fire.

A squeal shatters the air, "Oh my god. Are you two dating?" Haru screams. Taek Gu covers my mouth before I can answer, "Yep!"  He  winks at Haru and Na Hee, "I'm going to catch Eun Jung!"  Then he kisses me, for real, on the lips. I had expected my brain to freeze, but it didn't. Instead I kick Taek Gu right in his private part. Hard.

Taek Gu falls to his knees, gasping, "Okay, I haven't caught her yet!"

"Sorry, are you okay?" I apologize.

 

The End!

Also, I plan to add a few mini skits later. Please look foward to it!

^ . ^