Ch 4

The Adventures of Moon Eun Jung

 

     What am I supposed to make of this? I stare blankly at my empty locker. My outdoor shoes are gone. I know right away that I'm probably beginning to be bullied...but what was I supposed to do now? I have no clue where my shoes are and have no proof who took it and even if I did know, I wouldn't walk up to that person and demand my shoes back. Trash can maybe? As I peek inside trash cans, trying to look casual, I worry that I was going to be late going home. How could this happen? Why? Why? Why? My eyes are becoming dry, causing tears to form. I try to blink them away.

"Who left their shoe in the toilet?" I freeze. They had to be. Those were definitely my shoes! I walk into the girl's bathroom as a girl leaves. I open all the stall doors. In the last one I find my black sneakers. They sit at the bottom of the toilet, throughly soaked. I cringe at the thought of taking them out of the toilet. I roll up my uniform sleeves. It could be worse. They could have left it soaking in poop. I reach in and pull out my shoes, holding them away from me. I wrap them up in paper towel after drying them. I make sure to wash my hands.

     I pedal down the street. I couldn't help feeling foolish. When I came out the school, I had expected Exo to be waiting for me, but that was all rubbish. How could I think that they would wait for me? I'm no one special. I'm not even their friend. I was just in their group because they wanted to keep an eye on me. How could I be so idiotic? I hate myself right now. I wanted to be a loner and wanted no one to care about me, yet I feel like I'm doing that on purpose, being a loner, so that someone will notice me. I don't want to be notice! How dare I even think about them caring about me? I'm such a hypocrite. I don't want to be close to them. I don't want to be noticed. Close it away. Lock it up. Chain my heart and freeze it.

 

     Bam! I jerk awake, rubbing my forehead. Augh. I just walked into class and had already fallen asleep. I really need to sleep. I regret staying up until 4 last night. I hear a laugh. I blush. I must have looked stupid banging my head on the table. "Are you alright?" I blink to clear my blurry eyes. Tao tries to hide a smirk with his hand. "Um, yeah," I answer. So he was the one who laughed, but when did he get here?

Tao sits down in the empty desk in front of me. "You didn't get much sleep, huh? What did you do to be so sleepy?" "You were watching anime," Kai answers, walking over. "Um, yeah," I repeat. "What were you watching?" he asks. I try to remember through my foggy brain. "Naruto, new episodes...um I can't remember the rest." "So you watch Naruto?" states Kai, "do you watch One Piece?" I nod. "Yeah, I watched up to the 200s but I kinda got lost...so I kind of quit for now." "You should keep watching it!" Kai insists.  "Um--you guys are leaving me out. Should I leave?" Tao asks. Kai places a hand on Tao's shoulder, "Yes. You--" the bell rings.

"We'll talk later," Kai says leaving with Tao who looks a little sulky. I mentally bang my head against the wall. Don't talk to them. Don't be close.

"Who did this to you!" Luhan practically shouts. Na Hee sighs, covering her bruise with her hair. "It's nothing Luhan. I just fell down the stairs." The typical excuse. Someone obvioiusly beat her up. Was it those girls or was it someone else? "Tell me who it was, I'm going to beat them up!" Luhan threatens. "I just fell down the stairs!" Na Hee replies angrily. "Your dad did it, didn't he," Luhan finally says. Hmmm, so he knew, so why bother to ask? Na Hee doesn't answer, walking ahead.

I sigh. I had hoped to escape home and get some sleep, but got caught by Exo on the way home. I walk, lost in thought, as around me Exo talks loudly. Suddenly they stop, but I don't notice and keep walking. "Eun Jung!" Tao hisses grabbing my shoulder. I jump, startled. "What?"