Ch 21

The Adventures of Moon Eun Jung

          "Mai-Le!" An aging woman in her late 30s suffocates Haru in a hug. She smooths down Haru's hair, "What strange clothes you're wearing! No matter, you're wet!" She hugs Haru again, "At least you're safe." She notices Exo. She gives them a smile. "Thank you 13 Warriors, you have found my daughter and returned her safely."    "We didn't----" began Suho, but General Wu-Chin interrupts, "It is a good thing indeed your highness. It was as expected. I was right. The 13 warriors found Princess Mai-Le with Surock. It was Surock who kidnapped the princess!"   "He's lying!" Na Hee shouts.

"Silence!" the queen snaps. Her stern face softens," You all are like my children. I know that Surock is a dear friend to you all, but can't you see that she has betrayed you?"   "What exactly did Surock do?" Haru asks, pulling away from the queen's embrace.   "Well, what did she do?" asks Suho.   The queen takes a deep breath. "Surock....that evil girl... she murdered Prince Shinwa."

Haru takes a step back, "Yoon Ho?"  "Show me a picture of him!" she demands all of a sudden. The queen gives her an odd look, "Mai-Le? Do you not remember your own brother?"  "I do," she answers, face pale.

"You don't look well," the queen notices. "Servant, please take the princess and her maid to their rooms and please show the 13 warriors to their's."  A young servant boy appears, "This way your highness," he says bowing to Haru.

The 13 boys are separated from the girls. They had been lead to their own rooms.

Suho rubs the sides of his forehead, "What in the world is going on?"

"It seems that in this world Eun Jung is a person called Surock who is apparently evil," Taek Gu explains.

"Wait---" Tao interrupts, "so what you're saying in this--place there are other us? Here Eun Jung is Surock, Haru is Princess Mai-Le and we are known as 13 Warriors?"

"Exactly," Taek Gu replies.    "It feels like we are in a manga," Kai states.   "But if we're here, where are the real 13 warriors, Princess Mai-Le and Surock?" Chen wonders outloud. "I think General Wu-Chin is suspicious," Kris says. "He lied, saying that Eun Jung kidnapped the princess. He even had Eun Jung which he thinks is Surock, killed."  "She might not be dead though," Luhan speaks up, "the assasin took her body."

"What I want to know," says Sehun, "is what is going on here! First we appear in an alternate universe or something. We find out that in this world we're warriors, Haru a princess, and Eun Jung an evil person. Why is this all happening?"

Chanyeol holds up a fnger, "I think I have an idea. Someone in the palace is planning to get rid of the king. Maybe that's why all the blame is being put on Eun Jung--ah...Surock. That's what I think. This kind of thing is always happening in dramas."

"General Wu-Chin is definitely suspicious," Kris repeats.

"We should try finding out more," Xiumin suggests.

 

          I tug at the shirt I'm wearing. "So I just walk in?" The person nods, "That's what Surock does. I think she likes surprising people. So just act normal. I'll see you soon." He rides off.

We had finally arrived at the palace around dawn. We managed to sneak in and he had given some clothes for me to put on.

I push open the servant's door, yawning. Man, I'm tired. Quietly I close the door behind me. No one seems to be awake this early in the morning. Not to my surprise I quickly get lost. I wonder if Surock had that same problem too.

I don't know how long I wandered, sliding open doors until I find myself in some sort of gallery where on both sides of the walls were paintings of people. Most likely ancestors of the Queen and King, people--uh I mean royalty who had ruled this palace. I hear a loud clatter. I look away from studying the paintings. A girl, dressed in better clothes than me...a servant? stares at me in shock, at her feet were white tea cups, the tea a puddle on the wood floors. I stare at her, but then quickly look down. Did she know me--Surock?

"S-s-Surock!" she gasps and runs off. I shake my head at her. If she really was a servant she should at least clean up the spilt tea. (being sarcastic) I wonder where she is going. I freeze, what if she was going to tell someone about me? Didn't that person say I'm supposed to be locked up? I run down  an open corridor to my right. Then I make another turn. I am even more lost, but I think my first priority is geting away first. I pass a vindow covered with rice paper. Bright sunlight streams in. How long have I been here? I arrived at dawn...so maybe it's around seven or eight. 

I turn the next corner and see a flash of red. I skid to a stop. A woman dressed lavishily in red silks with gold ornaments  in her hair was walking with some female servants. Behind her is Exo in chinese clothes and Haru with Na Hee. We all freeze when we see each other.

Should I act like I know Exo? I can't help noting that Tao looks nice in chinese clothes, but I quickly dismiss the thought. That person had said to act normal. What would Surock do?

I plaster a huge smile on my face. "Why hello! You all are up pretty early. Don't you usually sleep longer?" I hope they really did sleep longer. I'm not even sure how long royal people in ancient times slept in.

The woman in red glares at me. Did I do something wrong? She quickly walks up to me. I have no time to react as her hand goes up and smacks me across the cheek. "You!" she fumes, "How dare you? After what you did! How dare you act like nothing is wrong? Get out!" I rub my cheek. What did I--oh she meant Surock. What in the world did Surock do? But most of all I try not to tear up in embarassment. The slap didn't even hurt that much.

"I didn't do anything wrong," I say trying to act like Surock. I dodge the next slap from the woman in red. "Gaurds! Get the gaurds!" the woman screams. Not good. I glance at Exo. Na Hee puts a finger to her lip, then does a slicing motion on .

Haru steps up to the woman, "M-mother calm down. She--Surock didn't kidnap me."  "Be quiet!" the queen snaps, "she killed your brother!"  Kris steps foward, grabbing me by the arm. "Your highness, let us handle this."   The queen eyes Kris suspiciously, "How do I know that you aren't helping her?"   Baekhyun steps foward, "Your highness, even if Surock was our friend, I think you should know that as warriors, we can tell what our duties are."  The queen, however, is still suspicious, "No---"

"It has been a long time your highness," interrupts a familiar voice. Three handsome males walks towards us from down the hall. The one in the middle has long white hair the color of snow. Ice! Except he had long hair and blue eyes.

The queen's eyes light up, "Sorcerer Yu!"  Kris and Baekhyun  usher me down the hall. As we pass the three males, Ice--Sorcerer Yu glances at me and slightly smiles. Huh? Why did he smile at me?