Ch 22

The Adventures of Moon Eun Jung

                   With the brief interruption from Sorcerer Yu, Exo secretly escorts me to their room.

"You're alive!" Taek Gu exclaims.  "Uh, yeah," I answer surprised by his enthuasiasm. "We heard from General Wu-Chin that he had sent an assasin after you. How are you still alive?" Lay asks. So he was an assasin. "The assasin," I explain, " he spared me because I look like Surock. She's my alter ego in this world."  "We know," Baekhyun states.  I continue, "It seems that there is a rebellion going on and Surock is part of it. Princess Mai-Le is on the rebel's side. The real Surock and the real 13 warriors are all secretly locked up in the palace dungeons. The assasin thinks that the mastermind behind their disapperance knows where they are, but they can't figure out who the mastermind is. I'm here as a distraction, to confuse everyone while they look for where Surock and the others are hidden."

Suho holds up a hand, "Who is they?"  "The assasin and the rebels," I answer.

"I think I know who the mastermind is!" Kris exclaims. "Who?" Tao asks.  "General Wu-Chin," Kris replies. "How do you know?" I ask him.

Kris crosses his arms and leans back against a wood pillar. "Isn't it odd that General Wu-Chin happened to arrive a few minutes after our arrival? Then he tried to hurry us to the palace saying that it was urgent, but when we arrived there seemed to be nothing of urgent matter. He even ignored Eun Jung, then he told us that he planned to have her killed by an assasin. If he wanted he could have slain Eun Jung right then and there. He did have a sword with him."

"I think you're right," says D.O.  "Well, we can't really trust anyone," Xiumin adds.

"What do we do now?" Tao asks.

I shrug, "I'm not sure. The assasin just told me to act normal...but I think we should try to see if we can figure out where the real versions of us in this world are."

"I don't mean to change topics but that guy that looked like Ice, did he smile at you when we passed him earlier?" Suho asks. I nod, " I have no clue why."  "Maybe he likes you," Baekhyun grins. I try not to blush, "What? No he doesn't."

"Why not?" Na Hee asks entering the room with Haru. "Thanks to those three visitors we managed to escape."

"I think you're pretty," Na Hee says, "why do you presume he doesn't like you?" I want to run away right now. This is not a subject I am not comfortable talking about except with my sisters--who are dead.

"Now that I think about it.....have you ever dated?" Na Hee asks. "No," I reply with a blush. Taek Gu smirks, "As expected of a loner."  Clearly on her favorite topic Haru grins at me with sparkling eyes. "Then do you have someone you like?" I think of Tao. I try not to blush again as I harden my heart. "No and I don't plan to."

"So you're saying you don't ever want to like someone?" Baekhyun asks. "Uh, yeah," I reply. "Why not?" asks Haru. "I just don't," I answer. Na Hee sighs, "There you go again! Everytime we ask you why you always answer with vague replies. Are you hiding something?" Maybe I'm imagining it, but I feel like Tao is staring straight at me.

I pull away from Na Hee, "We don't have time for this. We're getting off topic here. We have something more important to discuss." I explain the situation to Haru and Na Hee.

Thank goodness they forget about the earlier conversation. "We'll help look for clues too," Na Hee agrees.

Just then the door slides open. The queen glares at us. "As I thought! Gaurds take her away!" It was so sudden we all had no time to react. Two gaurds robed in green takes hold of both my arms and drag me out. I struggle to break free. "Eun Jung!" Na Hee calls out. Taek Gu attacks a gaurd but is pushed back.  "You won't be seeing her again!" the queen says coldly.

The gaurds take me down to the dugeons and throw me in a jail cell. They lock the door and leave. I sit up. Did they even have jails in ancient china-- under their palace? I stare around the dungeon. I guess it could be a good thing that I'm here. Maybe there is a hidden door down here....or maybe Surock and the 13 warrriors had already been executed. I shiver.  I look around my cell, there's nothing here to use to escape.

 

          "What are we going to do?" Haru exclaims, "the queen plans on beheading Eun Jung tomorrow!" It has been three days since Eun Jung was thrown in prison. Kris sighs leaning against the wall, "No clues either and we've been searching for days!"  "Three days isn't enough time unless you're very good at finding clue," Na Hee whispers. Kris, Na Hee and Haru were secretly talking in the hall way. To keep the queen from getting suspicious they had all agreed to avoid being seen together in front of the queen or any other servants.  Kris quickly straightens, "The queen! Got to go!" He walks past them, greeting the queen with a bow.

"What do we do?" Na Hee asks Haru, "we've found no clues of where where Surock and the other's whereabouts...and now this! We have to save Eun Jung first!"   "You really care about Eun Jung," Haru says feeling a little jealous. Na Hee senses Haru's unhappiness. "I like you too Haru! It's just...Eun Jung is my friend too even though she left us."