Ch 40

The Adventures of Moon Eun Jung

          Broken bones my ! Sitting in class listening to a lecture I'm barely able to concentrate. My mind keeps going back to that hug-not-hug! Like seeing the future I already know what is going to happen. I want to lie my head down on my desk and cry or stand up and scream my head off, but I don't. Why stupid me? Why? All it was, was a tiny accidental hug-not-hug and I'm already having problems. I don't want to admit it and I have to stop it, but I might be developing a crush on Taek Gu!

Ice snickers at me after I get called on by the teacher and had no clue what the anwer was. I'm too devastated and too busy wallowing in horror to even care. Did all crushes have to start from the smallest things? Did they have to torture you to death with feelings and emotions you have to keep hidden? An imaginary tear falls down my cheek, good by peace and hello emotions. This is going to . A lot.

 

          "Eun Jung? Eun Jung? Hello?" I blink, "Huh?"  D.O. stares at me, " Are you feeling sick?"  I sip my soup as everyone else talks at the table. "No," I reply, but I am sick of crushes! D.O. gives me a look of disbelief, "Are you sure? I called you three times already, but you didn't respond."  "I was daydreaming," I lie.

"Hey, Eun Jung!" My whole body goes stiff, slowly like a rusty machine, I turn towards Taek Gu who is sitting beside Suho across the table, three seats dow to the left. "Who do you think is the best looking among all of us?" he asks.  "Everyone knows I am," Kris states confidently. Taek Gu staring at me, I suddenly feel red in the face. I start getting self conscious, my eyes get watery, and before I can stop it a rebellious tear spill forth.

Everyone stares at me in surprise. "Are you alright Eun Jung?" Quickly I wipe the tear away, "I got something in my eye," I mutter. Haru and Na Hee give me a weird look. Tao gives me a look of concern, "Are you feeling sad?"

Oh my gosh, this is getting ridiculous! I stand up, "I need to poop."  Baekhyun suddenly laughs when I say the word poop. "What are you waiting for?" Taek Gu smirks.  Someone blow me up a thousand times! Just let me drown to death!

 

          Waiting for me at the school gate is Ice. Gripping my bike handle I walk past him. What did he want this time? "Ouch!" Ice grips my hair in his pale hand," I had another dream. Care to listen?" Pulling on my hair, he was obviously not giving me an option. I dislike Ice, but compared to being around Taek Gu, I guess hanging out with him is slightly better, but not any less stressful.

Sitting beside him on a bench in a nearby park, Ice still keeping a hold on my ponytail he asks me, "Why do I keep having these dreams about you? It's getting more and more annoying! Do these dreams mean I like you? Who is this guy who looks like me?"

White brows furrowed and clearly upset I relent just a little bit. I may dislike him, but there isn't a reason why I shouldn't help him especially if I know the answer to his question. Wondering when he was going to let go of my hair, I reply, " I know this is going to sound crazy, but it really did happen."

 

          "And this Yu is my alter ego in another world?" Ice confirms. My hair still captive I answer yes. "Yu likes Surock who is my alter ego, but that doesn't mean in this world that we'll like each other. Surock is the super version of me, I'm the not so awsome version and you're---" I hesitate wondering if he would be offended, " you're the colder meaner version of Yu. If we were more like our alter egos you and me being together could be a possibility, but it isn't."  Listening to myself I'm not sure if it's Ice I'm trying to convince or myself. Maybe both.

Ice finally lets go of my hair, "This is so confusing. I don't like you, but Yu, my alter ego likes Surock who looks like you but Yu's feelings keep getting mixed with mines that I'm not sure if I really like you or not."

I sigh, standing up, "Feelings are so confusing!" Facing Ice I say, "I know it's a stupid question, but...you control snow and ice, right? Does that mean you can control your own heart, like freeze it so that you won't ever feel again?"

"I wish," sighs Ice, a cold puff of air escaping his mouth, "Why?" 

I give him a sheepish grin, "Too bad, if freezing my heart was possible I was going to ask you to freeze it for me."

For the first time ever I see the magical sight of Ice smiling. "You're funny, I think I'm starting to like you---"

"As a friend," I add, "only as friends, okay?" 

"I was going to say that," Ice agrees.