Ch 23

The Adventures of Moon Eun Jung

          I lay on the ground too dizzy to stand up. I don't know how many days have passed, but I did not recieve food. I love to eat. One thing that I'm okay with loving. I keep dozing off, then waking again. When I get too bored I fall asleep to conserve energy. When I wake up again I am even more hungry and my throat dry. I can't remember most of my dreams but I do know that I had a scary one. I sigh, how long do I have left? If I don't die from an execution or whatever, I'll die of hunger. I grin sarcastically. I always thought I might die like this too---from starvation.

 

          Tao sits up on his bed, a futon laid out on the ground. "What was that?"  He shakes Kris,"Kris! I'm scared! I think I heard something at the window!"  Kris rolls over in his futon and groans," It's probably just your imagination."  Tao shakes him again, "Kris!"  Kris sighs, "You're not going to let me sleep, are you?"  Hearing the commotion Xiumin stirs, looking at them with half closed eyes. "What's going on?"  "I heard something at the window!" Tao says. Xiumin turns to face the window Tao is pointing too. "I don't----"  BAM!  The window cracks open hitting the floor. Tao screams as the rest of Exo are awakened by the noise.  "What's happening?" Kai asks rubbing his eyes.

A silohoutte frames where the window used to be. "Oh! Sorry, were you asleep? I guess I was too loud." The mysterious figure steps into the room. All 13 boys stand up. Tao hides behind Kris. The figure his or her head to the side arms on hips. "Funny. You thirteen look different. Hm...must be you guys...but not you guys. Hmmmm.....No, it can't be. You guys are locked up somewhere or else you wouldn't be sleeping so peacefully."

"Who are you?" Chen demands.

The figure moves to the side slightly, the moonlight hitting his or her face. The person was a girl. She glares back at them with an all too familiar face, "I would like to ask you that."

D.O. gasps,"Eun Jung?"  The Eun Jung look a like sharply turns her head towards D.O. "Eun Jung? Who's that? I'm Surock."

Surock's face suddenly cracks into a grin,"I see...that explains everything." She seemed to have figured everything out in such a short amount of time.

"Now that I think about it, does Eun Jung smile?" Sehun whispers to Lay. Lay nods,"Yes, but not like that."  

After a short explanation, Surock who was sitting on the ground cross legged stands up. "I guess I'll have to go save Eun Jung." She climbs halfway out the broken window before stopping. She turns to Exo, "Anyone feel like coming along?"

 

          I stir. Huh? I blink several times. Who was that? I hear a clink. It's that assasin guy! He opens the cell door and helps me up. I try to stand on my own but I'm too weak from a lack of food. "Let's hurry!" he says, dragging me along. I manage to go up the stairs without hindering him. After what seems like hours, with me almost collapsing, we make it to the top of the stairs. The assasin peers out the door, looking both ways. He quickly ducks down pulling me with him. He places a finger to his masked lips. I assume that someone is approaching. "They're coming this way!" he whispers. 

He abruptly stands up and kicks out a leg. Another long leg blocks the blow. The assasin jumps out of the shadows and starts fighting the other person. I peer at the attacker. A male from the looks of it....he looks familiar. The tall figure...the face from the side...Tao!

"Yu!" someone shouts at the exact same time I think of Tao's name. Yu, the assasin, freezes. Tao stops a strike mid air. "You know him?" I see another me walk over to the assasin whose name is Yu. Wait...is that me? No...it's Surock! It really is! I suddenly find the strength to move. I stand up.

"S-Surock! You--how did you escape?" the assasin exclaims. He lifts his arms up, but stops and puts them back down. Surock grins. It is so weird seeing myself. It's like looking at a reflection except that it doesn't copy what I do. So this is how I look like from other people's perspective. Now I know.

"I tricked the gaurd," Surock answers Yu. "The urgent news?" he asks.  "Not here!" Surock stage whispers glancing around. "Do you have a place we can talk in private?"  Yu grabs her wrist, "This way."  "Wait!" Surock hisses. Yeah, I'm not exactly pretty compared to Na Hee and Haru...but I'm not that bad looking, not as much as I thought. 

"Exo is coming with us too," Surocks says. Yu looks over at Exo in disbelief or was it annoyance? "Why?" he asks.  Surock gives an evil grin. I can tell she has something in ming. That is my face. "They're going to help us," she explains.  I step out of the shadows, "Don't forget me."

"Eun Jung!" everyone in Exo exclaims. "You're okay," says Tao.  "How did you get out?" Baekhyun asks. I look over at Yu, "He saved me."  Surocks smiles when she sees me, "You really do look like me. Eun Jung, right?" I smile at her in return. This is so weird.

Yu takes us through the forest to the hut from before. Walking takes longer than riding a horse and by the time we got there it was midnight. "Are you okay?" Chen asks me with concern. I nod as my stomach rumbles loudly. I just need some food to feel like myself again. Taek Gu suddenly grabs my arm, " Starving?" He sounded amused. Surock also glances back, "Don't worry Eun Jung, once we get there I'll find something for you to eat."

 

          "So it really was General Wu-Chin! I was right!" Kris beams triumphantly. Chanyeol claps him on the back, "Good job."  To our surprise when Yu took off his mask it turned out to be the guy that looked like Ice! I should have guessed. Surock had called him Yu. The queen had called him Sorcerer Yu. It was so obvious.

"So you can use magic?" I ask Yu.  "It's just a cover name," he explains. The whole time I noticed that he kept looking at Surock. My face....I get the shivers. No way. Yu....he couldn't possibily like S-s-s-s-s-s-s-s-s-u-Surock?!  Impossible, but he's sitting so close to me--er Surock.  Yu is handsome, but I feel so repulsed. No way! I was not letting that happen! Besides he's sitting too close to her. 

I stand up and walk over to them. "Excuse me," I say with a smile and squeeze my way between him and my other self.

Kai rubs his eyes in confusion, "Whoa, it's like I'm seeing double."  "Except that the face expressions are different," Chanyeol points out.  Surock is giving me a questioining look. I pretend I don't notice. Yu and her? No f***ing way. If I know myself...no relationships! No love!

Yu eyes me suspiciously. He stands up, "It's getting very late, you all need to get back to the palace before anyone realizes you're missing."  Taek Gu narrows his eyes at Yu. "You two sure you're safe here with him?" he says to Surock and me. Taek Gu and Exo still haven't exactly gotten over the fact that Yu looks like Ice---the person who almost killed Na Hee and me.

Surock holds up a fist," If he tries anything, he's dead" she says with seriousness.  I smile to agree with her, "We'll be fine," I assure Taek Gu. Yu leads the way out as Exo follows. Chen, Suho, and Tao wave to me before closing the door behind them.

Surock grins at me, "So...you like Tao, huh?"