Ch 26

The Adventures of Moon Eun Jung

          Phase 2 ot the plan began. The Exo members along with Taek Gu returned to the palace, playing the roles of the 13 warriors. Haru, with Na Hee's help began the tactic of getting closer to General Wu-Chin. Behind the scenes the real 13 warriors set out on a journey to visit the other royal estates, in case Princess Mai-Le was being kept there. Surock herself would infiltrate Wu-Chin's home for any clues to the Princess's whereabouts. Yu wouldn't let her do it alone, so he forced her into letting him help. Eun Jung was to remain hiding.

Baekhyun sighs, "At this rate we'll be found out." He swings his sword in the air. Suho carefully sheathes his sword, "You're right. The real 13 warriors can fight, but we can't and they're known for their skills."  "Which is why I'm helping you guys," Tao says. He was fully getting into his role. He walked with the air of an experienced fighter, his lean figure exaggerated more by the black outfit he wore. He had wanted to tie his hair back, but it wasn't long enough. Baekhyun stifles a laugh, "Yes Tao we all know who skilled you are." Kris was also getting into his role of the cold guy, which worked like a charm, but as soon as he drew his sword, his clumsiness with it totally ruined the image.

Kai grins, "Lucky for me I had the foresight to ask my alter ego, Kuna, for tips on being a 13 warrior." That drew everyone's attention. "Well? What are they?" Baekhyun asks. Kai holds up a finger, "One: look cool."  Kris smirks, "I've got that down."   "So do I, " says Tao, his expression serious. Chanyeol laughs pointing to Luhan and Xiumin, "I don't think it'll be possible for you two."  Luhan huffs defensively, "My alter ego--er--Xing managed to, so can I." 

"Anyways," interrupts Kai, "tip number 2: help those in need, meaning the poor and helpless."  "We can all do that," Lay states. Everyone nods in agreement.  "Three, Kuna said it was the most important, protect the princess."   "Meaning Haru," Sehun says. "Or in their case, the real Princess Mai-Le," adds Chen. Suho shushes them, "Not so loud guys, we have to be careful not to be caught!"  

"What are the rest of the tips?" D.O. asks.  Kai holds up four fingers, "Four, at least be able to fight, even if you . A man with courage is better than one who isn't."

"Everyone is willing to fight, even if we at using swords, right?" Baekhyun asks. The question was met with murmured yeses. Taek Gu signals to Baekhyun, "Let me repeat it."

He looks each member in the eye, "We're the gang of our school. As the best fighter of the gang I'd like to hear a louder yes! So--is anyone willing to fight even if they can't use swords?"  "Yes!" they all shout.  Taek Gu sighs, arrogantly he jokes, "Ever since I left it feels like the gang can't function properly without me." All of them tackle him, "Yeah right!" 

After the playful squirmish Kai finishes the last tip, "Tip five: always have each other's backs."  "That," Xiumin speaks up, "we already have."  Kris nods, "I like these tips."

 

          Na Hee grabs Haru's arm, "Here he is!" The two smile at General Wu-Chin. He bows to Haru, "Your highness..." Haru smiles again, "General... I have a favor to ask."  He looks up from his bow, "A favor?"  Haru sneaks a glance at Na Hee, "My brother, I seem to have lost my memories of the event, most likely due to trauma, but please, explain to me in full detail, what exactly happened to my brother?"  As they walked Na Hee whispers to her, "Why ask him that?"

"I'm curious," she answers grimly, "besides I can't help feeling that Prince Shinwa has something to do with my other's disappearance." 

Na Hee's expression softens, "Are you thinking of your brother?"  Haru puts on a brave face, "Yes, that too."

 

          Yu grabs Surock's hand and pulls her up. Both were dressed in all black. They crouch on the roof slowly making their way across, then dropping down. Surock glances at the oblivious gaurds, grinning. Quietly they slide the rice paper door open, stepping inside. Having memorized the blue print of Wu-Chin's house, which they got from a secret source, they quickly find his living quarters.

Carefully they begin searching the room. Yu opens a wooden chest, quickly skimming through the scrolls. Surock softly tapped the walls and looked behind a painting, searching for a hidden door. The two quickly finish. "It's not here," Yu whispers in Surock's ear. She narrows her eyes in thought, "Perhaps...the study?" They search it with no success. Surock sighs in irratation, "We have no choice. Let's search the whole house."  

"Are you crazy?" Yu hisses, "this is why I didn't let you come alone! We don't have time to search the whole house!"  Ever stubborn Surock ignores him, "Fine, you can go back. I'll search the whole house by myself."  Yu grabs her hand, which Surock jerks away. "Fine," he sighs, "I'll look too. Only because you're being stubbornly idiotic."

In the end they found nothing. Riding their horses back to Yu's hideout, Surock guessed at the reasons  for their fruitless search. "Do you think he might have burnt all the letters he sent and recieved? Or do you think he had a spy or messenger do all the sending?"   "Then that leaves us with no clues," Yu says, "unless we can dig out the spy."  "Or messenger," Surock adds, "which we will have to do."

They ride on in silence. Yu keeps glancing at Surock. In annoyance she finally asks, "Why do you keep staring at me? It's creepy."   Yu pulls down the cloth covering his mouth. He smirks at Surock, " I was just thinking about something the other you said."   

Surock eyes him suspiciously,"What did Eun Jung tell you?"

He draws his horse up to her's, "Would you like to know?"   Surock huffs at him, "I'd like to, but from the way you're acting---no."

"Are you sure? She said something interesting."  Yu leans towards Surock, who glares at him. His long white hair glimmers silver in the moonlight, brushing Surock's cheek. Yu grins mischeviously, "She said something....about you and me."   

Surock looks away, "I wonder what it could be," she says sarcastically. She pushes Yu's face away from her, "Besides, " she smirks back, "I already know."

Yu's ice blue eyes widen in surprise, "Really?"

Surock holds up a finger, waving it at him, "The question is...is what I know the same thing that you know?"

 

     Haru looks up at the painting of Prince Shinwa. "He looks exactly like my brother," she whispers. "Are you remembering now?" Wu-Chin asks.  "A little," she answers.  "Will you tell us what happened now?" Na Hee questions. Wu-Chin casts a sympathetic glance at Haru, "Are you sure your highness would like to know?" Haru nods, "Yes."