Ch 32

The Adventures of Moon Eun Jung

          We arrive at the throne room to find the Queen clutching her face in horror. I guess that she must have screamed. The others are already in the throne room. Na Hee stares in horror along with the rest of Exo, 13 Warriors, and Renra---at the far side of the wall. As soon as I see it I look away, about to throw up, then I look back.

Plastered against the wall, bits of skull sliding off, the splatter of blood that stains the wall, face distorted, joints hanging at strange angles, looking so small and lonely, is the dead body of Surock.

Tao lets out a scream, having just arrived. He turns away, covering his mouth. Immediately I zoom in on General Wu-Chin. He stands beside the throne. Sitting in it is a tall man with all black eyes, no whites showing. His skin is bluish-white, like that of a dead person. His black hair hanging limp and long. Both of them smile triumphantly. I draw my sword in anger. How could they do that to Surock? Seeing the dead Surock, smashed against the wall was like seeing a symbolic mirror of myself. It was as if they were saying that would happen to me next.

Both of their eyes light up at the sight of me. "Good, you saved us the trouble of coming here," says the dark eyed man, presumbaly the other sorcerer. "I thought you died but apparently Vrin tricked me. No matter, I can get the pleasure of killing you myself."

I didn't even see him lift a finger. Suddenly I'm flying through the air. Then I freeze mid-air. Huh? What's going on? All around me the world has gone dark, everyone becoming a silohoutte. Tao appears and pulls me down by the arm. "You--time control? Freeze time?" I ask him.  "Time control," Tao answers, "but hurry. I have a time limit."  As soon as he says that the blackness shatters into a million pieces like broken glass.

"What!" the sorcerer fumes, "What happened?" I glance at Surock. Poor Surock. I'm not the revenge sort, but I feel that she needs justice.

Suho and Banchuk step up. "Why you ask?" Banchuk starts, "it's because we're special," finishishes Suho. I stare at all 26, of course they're special. Each with their own unique beast modes and the 13 Warriors with their fighting skills and maybe more.

I brandish my sword, "This time your spell won't work."  I rush at the sorcerer. Wu-Chin blocks my attack. "You can't win against me!" he hisses. With a mighty shove he knocks me over. At this everyone attacks. With so many people running towards him at once, the sorcere doesn't know who to attack. Then with a sweep of his hand he throws us back. We all slide across the slick floor. Luhan stands back up first. He lifts his hand and lifts General Wu-Chin up in the air. He slams Wu-Chin down with a loud crack, instantly killing him.

" An inappropiate time to say this," begins Baekhyun, "but couldn't you have done that like weeks ago?"

The sorcerer stands up, sneering, " You think---"

"Surock!"

An anguished, sorrowful, but bloodcurdling scream rakes the air.

We all freeze, then turn to the source.

Yu runs across the throne room, pupils dialated. Gently he takes down Surock's body that dents the wall. He falls down on his knees, cradling her distorted broken body in his arms. Tears spill from his ice blue eyes. "Surock, Surock, not you too. Why did you leave me? Why?"  He throws back his head, white hair speckled with blood, " Why!"

Seeing his despair, tears threaten to leak out of my eyes.

Yu's grief ridden voice seemed to collapse into a dark hole as his sadness turns into anger. A bubbling hot scorching anger, laced with despair.

He sees Genera Wu-Chin's destroyed body and turns his anger to the next obvious source. The sorcerer.

An epitome of snow and ice himself, Yu attacks the sorcerer with ice blue fire. Even as he was being continually thrown about, Yu manages to get back up again. With stubborness born from his loss Yu refuses to go down. When I take a step foward at this last blow, Yu shouts icily to me, " Get back! This is my battle. He is my prey."

For all his early show of smugness, the sorcrer's confidence wanes with every strike. "Why won't yo die!" he screeches in sheer panic. Every spell he sends have no effects on Yu, except for the one that throws him around. Battered and bleeding Yu fights on. We all watch in anxiety and awe.

"He's strong," comments Kris. Rai rakes a hand through his hair, "Impressive. Yu is way beyond our skills."  Na Hee slightly grins at me, "It seems Surock got herself a great man."  I don't blush. I watch the battle grimly.

How can it be? Surock dead? Is she really dead? I look at my alter ego, laying where Yu left her. Dead. I sigh, Yu must really love her.

        "Mother!" I turn. A girl that looks just like Haru runs into the throne room. It's the real Princess Mai-Le!  The Queen gasps, hugging her daughter, "You're alive, but how?"  Princess Mai-Le hugs her mother back, "It was General Wu-Chin's doing."  "What? General Wu-Chin? But I thought---"   "Mother!" the princess says severly, " no one, the 13 Warriors, Surock, they did nothing wrong. You were tricked by General Wu-Chin! How could you be so foolish? It was also he who poisoned father! That sorcerer pulled the strings in the background so he could have the throne!"

Queen Wai can only gape at ther daughter's reprieve.

        "Bastard!" the sorcerer curses. With all his might he flings Yu through the wall. Yu crashes through five walls before hitting the ground. Haru gasps, covering . Renra moans in despair.  The sorcerer cackles evilly, "Finally! Now nothing stands in my way!"

"He's totally forgetting us," Chanyeol whispers. "Yu must have got to him," replies Baekhyun.

Suddenly a blur of white shoots out from the walls, The sorcerer's laughter is cut short as his head falls off.

Still Yu slashes. He hacks away at the body with vegenance.

"Remind me to never get on his bad side," Baekhyun whispers to everyone.

Clap! Clap! Clap!   The sound of clapping fills the air.  "Beautifully done Yu, a little more than I expected, but job well done."

Though he looks different from when I last saw him, I know right away that it was him. The soldier that had stabbed me--who wasn't really a soldier but a sorcerer too.

"Who are you?" Suho asks, grabbing his sword.  "No one important," is his reply.

"Now, now," he says to Yu, holding up a hand, " no need to mince the man to death. We know how passionate you are about Surock."  He winks, "Stop your mourning. I have a present for you."  Yu glares at him coldly.

Surock's dead body vanishes, then falling out of thin air, Surock, alive and well, crashes down on the black tiles.  Yu freezes, staring at her in shock and disbelief.

The man chuckles, "Let me explain. Right before Dunarn smashed her against the wall I teleported her somewhere else, replacing her with the image you all saw."

"Is it really you?" Yu half whispers.

Surock stares at the beaten, battered, and bleeding body of Dunarn. "And it scares me to see how much you care for me," she answers with an exaggerated shiver.  Faster than lightning Yu muffles her against him, hugging her tightly--against Surock's violent protests.

We all look away in embarassment, some pretending to cough.

Yu then grabs Surock's face and stares at it. "You idiot! I told you not to do anything rash!"  Surock gives him the bored eyes, "Like I even got a chance to do anything."  Yu stares at her face harder, "You...do you realize how hard I'm holding myself back, right now?"  Surock tries to remove his hands from her squished up face, "Holding yourself back on what?"  Yu sighs letting go of her face, "Nevermind, just---" 

I cover my eyes, my whole body on fire.

Catching Surock off gaurd, Yu smashes his lips against Surock's giving her a hard long kiss.

"This cannot be my future," I cry in despair.