Ch 8

The Adventures of Moon Eun Jung

     Thankfully, in the end, I was able to go home by myself. As I rode my bike I couldn't help feeling bad. They were just trying to be nice. Maybe I should say yes if they ask again. No, I shouldn't...then again what was the big deal about them knowing that my family was dead, anyways? I should just get that over with. But I don't feel ready yet. I don't want them to know yet.

I breeze by a convinence store. Hm, if I remember I think Aunt gave me some money. I suddenly have a craving for something fruity. I press the brakes. Okay! I'm going to buy something from the convinence store! I turn the bike around. Leaving it at the store front I push open the glass door. In truth, this is my first time buying something by myself. Yep, I lived pretty sheltered. As I stroll the aisles I can't help smirking. It seems that my first time for everything started when I joined Exo. I wonder what other first times I'll have. I grab two bottles of fruit drink, icy cold to the touch. A strawberry and an orange. I also get a box of mango flavored popsicles, six in each box. I take out my money, making sure I have enough. Yep, and a little extra. I go back and grab a kiwi drink.

The cashier has his back turned to me when I approach. I glance around the store, noticing that I was the only one there. I place my stuff on the counter. What was the cashier doing? He has his back facing me pretty long. "Um...um excuse me?" He doesn't hear. I try again.

"Um, hello?"  "Just a minute!" he replies. I wait. I observe the store, looking at the candy it had, the snacks, the rows of ramen, the back aisle with the refrigderated products, and still the cashier hasn't finished waht it was that he was doing. I exhale, a twinge annoyed. "Um, are you done yet?" He turns around, "I said to wait just a minute!" We both lock eyes in surprise.

Taek Gu quickly recovers. "Oh, it's you." I don't say anything. He scans the drinks and popsicle. "What a surprise. I didn't expect you to come here. Were you stalking me?" I don't reply. You're the one stalking Na Hee, I think. He slams my kiwi drink on the counter, "Hey! I'm talking to you!"  "Sorry!" I quickly apologize. Yep, guys were scary when they got mad. He glares at me, "What are you sorry for? Sorry that you're ugly? Sorry for being here?" I ponder what he said, "Um...sorry for not replying?"

Taek Gu clicks something on the cash register. "Seven fourty three." I dig in my backpack and pull out a 10 dollar bill. Taek Gu raises a brow, "Seriously?" I look down. He sighs and takes the money. I peek at him. Huh, Taek Gu seemed a little different when he wasn't talking to Exo.... I guess he doesn't seem as intimidating? He doesn't seem like a bad person, but then again you never know. What a surprise that he's working at a convienence store.

"Here's your change. Two fifty seven." Wow, I lost a lot of money. I take the money from him, but when I touched his fingers he jerks his hand away. The money falls on the counter. I glance at him. What was that for? Hey, I didn't like touching people either, but at least I don't react like that.

Taek Gu glares at me, "Don't touch me. I'm allergic to ugly girls." He places my stuff in a plastic bag. Okay, either he was just being mean or he really was. I take the change and plastic bag. I'm almost out the door when Taek Gu calls out, "Do you know? Exo's secret?" I turn back to him, just in time to see his eyes flash gold.