Ch 9

The Adventures of Moon Eun Jung

          How in the world do they know where I live? It has been only one week since I joined Exo and they were already intruding my house. My small house, I realize, seeing all 12 and Na Hee in my living room. "You're really poor," says Lay, "all of your family lives here?" I wipe my clammy palms on my pants. I have to tell them. "Actually--"  "Your room is so small!" Chanyeol exclaims. What is he doing in my room?  "You have nothing to eat," Tao states. I resist clenching my fist. "Um..."     What do I say?  "Where's the bathroom?" Kai asks. "Um, the last door...beside my bedroom," I reply. I give up. I want to sit down on the couch, but it was taken up. "For a poor person your family can afford a couch, huh," says Suho.

I feel myself getting nervous. You have to tell them now. "...." I open my mouth, but nothing comes out. Thadump-thadump-thadump. My heart beats against my chest, loudly echoing in my ears. Calm down, no need to be so worked up. I take a deep breath. Na Hee smiles,"You have a nice house."  I couldn't take it any longer. Kai returns from the bathroom. Okay, here's your chance! I inhale, "Actually guys..." They're not listening. I raise my voice, "Guys!"  That caught their attention. My eyes quickly skim over their faces. "Actually I have something to tell you. Last time I lied. I take a deep breath, "Everyone in my family is dead."

"What do you mean?" Na Hee asks. "My family is dead," I repeat. There is a long silence. "I'm sorry," Chen says. "I thought it was weird that you had a small room," Chanyeol states. An awkward silence. "How-how did they die?" Na Hee asks gently. Okay! Is this the part where I'm supposed to cry? I didn't even cry when my whole family died, but having Exo sympathize with me was making me tear up. Was I embarassed? Was I just waiting for someone to comfort me? No, it was none of that. I rub my eyes to wipe the forming tears. I know I don't feel sad or am embarassed. So why the tears? I puzzle over that in the silence.

"You don't have to tell me!" Na Hee says quickly. "They died in a car crash," I say. "Were you with them?" asks Na Hee. I sit down on the floor, "No, I was sleeping in. They were all going to the mall. As usual I was sleeping late so when I recieved the news..." I stop. I didn't want to reveal my real thoughts. "I was shocked," I finish. I couldn't bring myself to tell them that I did not cry a single tear on their funreal. I didn't want them to know how heartless I was.

Na Hee stands up, walks over, and hugs me. I stare at the rest of Exo in surprise. The next thing I know they're all hugging me. I sigh. Idiots, don't feel sorry for me. Don't comfort me. Deep in my heart I am a bad person. I might betray you one day, but I am overwhelmed by their sincere hearts. No, if i might betray them, I wouldn't, I couldn't. Without knowing it, I had gotten closer to them than farther away. I don't deserve this. Finally they stop hugging me. Na Hee smiles, "You finally opened up to us." I smile, but I think in my head, not completely.

         Everyone stayed around for a while then left. "Take care!" Na Hee exclaims. I smile, "You too." "Lock the door," Suho says. "Okay! Bye guys! See you tomorrow!" I reply. After they were all gone I shut the door. I collapse on the couch. Exo at my house? Tiresome! I sigh, I was definitely the type that would never throw a party. I  glance at the clock hanging on the wall above the couch. Eight-fourty, seems like Aunt might be late today. It was usually around 12pm or 3am when she got back. It's going to be a long night. I should watch a drama. 

There's a knock at the door. I sit up. Who was that? Did one of them come back or something? It's dark out and having someone knocking on my door after Exo left is kind of spooky. I peek out the window, but see no one. I literally shiver. Another knock. I inhale, just open the door. If something happens I'll beat the crap out of whoever it is.