Ch 1 cont. 2

The Adventures of Moon Eun Jung

   I almost fall asleep in class today. I was bored last night so I secretly stayed up all night watching anime. I sigh, because of that I now have to stay after school to finish my test. I read the questions, eager to get this over with. I don't want to take too long. It will get dark soon and I don't like being out alone in the dark. Who knows what or who may be lurking about. Times seems to tick by as I try to finish the test. I work as fast as I can go, which isn't really that fast, but still maker sure that the answers are as close to being right than just scribbling something down.

After finishing I hand the paper in to the teacher. As I walk out the school doors I feel like bursting out into a huge goofy grin. Yes! I finished! I can go home now! I breathe in deeply, the fresh cool air hinting of winter. I close my eyes for a second, enjoying the cool breeze. My eyes fly open. Right! i have to get back, it's going to get dark soon and I live far from the school. I stare down at the steep hill considering going down it in my bike, but decide not to.

That was several minutes ago...I think. I stare at the dark blue sky, getting darker every minute. I wipe away imaginary tears. Idiot, I should have gone down that hill on my bike. I pedal around a group of people, but soon the streets have become too crowded for me to ride without the confidence of not running into anyone.

Eventually I enter an area where there are hardly any people. My aunt lives in a less populated area of the city. My mood has dampen considerably, it is now dark, but it quickly disappears. Surprisingly it isn't that bad when dark out. The air smells so much fresher and the quiet of being alone is nice. I enjoy the night air, riding my bike again. I pass under a light pole, then into darkness. I hit something. I cry out in surprise, falling off my bike. It lands on my legs. I groan and sight at the same time. Maybe it was just me, but I was falling a lot these days. I feel for my bike handle and find it. I lift up my bike and begin walking instead, too dangerous to ride a bike in the dark. Suddenly I hear shouting. Huh? What was going on? A fight maybe.

I frown, feeling a little squeamish. No fears, I'm almost home. I feel impact as my bike is knocked out of my grasp, causing me to fall over. What? What happened? Did I hit something? I stare into the dark, confused. My eyes slowly adjust and I see a person. He groans. He hit my bike! I pull my bike away. "Um, are you okay?"  He groans again, sitting up. Suddenly he grabs my arm, "Hey ! Watch where you're going! You almost killed me." I try to pull away, "Um..." I am at lost for words. Scared and annoyed at being called a .

I hear a growl to my left. The hair on my neck sticks straight up. A growl that sounded so--animal. "Oh !" the guy yelps, letting go of me, he runs off. I turn to whatever it was, stiff with fear. I freeze.

"Tao!" I can't help but exclaim. Standing before me is Tao. What shocked me wasn't him, but his eyes. A pure molten gold. The eyes of a beast. He growls at me revealing canine teeth. I step backwards, get on my bike and rid off as fast as I can, not caring about getting hurt. What was that? What did I just see?

I stand at my classroom door, afraid to go in. I couldn't go to sleep at all last night. I tossed and turned all night trying to figure out what I had seen. Was it an illusion? Did I dream it? I do tend to get my dreams and memories mixed up. Or was Tao secretly a vampire? a werewolf? I gulp, my heart beating loudly in my chest, consuming all other sounds except itself. Here I go! I open the door, my eyes instantly zone onto my desk and I quickly head straight for it. I sit down in my seat sucessfully. Tao didn't confront me. Okay, good. I am too nervous. I wipe my palms on my skirt, keeping my eyes glued to my desk. Oh! I can ready a book. I quickly take the book I was reading out of my backpack. Reading a book calms me.

I haven't been reading long when a hand lands on my desk. I almost have a heart attack. I look up to see Kris. He smiles at me, "What you saw yesterday, it's a secret, right?" So it was real! I hadn't imagined it. "Um, okay?" I answer. It's not like I have anyone else to tell and besides whatever I saw that night was definitely something to keep quiet about. "Promise?" Kris pushes, "don't tell anyone or I'll..."  I nod, "Promise."   Kris grins again," So we're all good?" then he walks off. I glance over to see Tao, Luhan, Suho, and Kai watching. I go back to reading. I wonder, if Kris told me to keep it secret...did that mean all of them, all of Exo, could do what Tao did too?

I wasn't expecting much after that. I would keep the secret, but I wonder if Na Hee knew. School went by surprsingly fast. Like any other day I race out to get home. I think back to seeing Tao with golden eyes. For a moment, just for a moment, I thought something interesting would happen in my life, but I was mistaken. I walk faster when I hear them approach from behind. I then realize that today and yesterday had been my first time talking with someone in Exo.

"Moon Eun Jung!" I freeze, then slowly turn around. Exo approaches me. What did they want? Why did they call out my name? They stop in front of me. The boys jostle each other for a minute before Na Hee gives them a sigh and step up. "Eun Jung, would you like to join Exo?"

For the first time in my life I had been wrong about my life that I had figured would be boring until the day I died.