Ch 15

The Adventures of Moon Eun Jung

          Outside in the hall I continue to wipe away the endless tears. Stop! Stop! Stop crying! What are you crying for? If you're going to cry then do something useful! I stare out the hallway window, at the cold snow, still falling. Na Hee.

Still the tears fall. "Stop!" I yell in fustration. On impulse I slam my fist against the wall. I wince, crouching down at the pain. I try to savor the pain. Yes, you deserve this! Suddenly I grow angry. Why are you crying like this? You're not some hopeless female! I slowly stand up I'm not helpless. Do I need someone to always do the work? The rescuing? No! I don't! I wipe away the drying tears. I'll find Na Hee myself.

I hesitate about skipping school....but who cares about that? I turn towards class and freeze. Tao stares back at me. How long had Tao been standing there? He probably saw me crying. I avert my eyes and run past him. I have to find Na Hee.

          Outside the cold air bites my bare legs. Good thing I wore pants underneath my skirt. I pull the rolled up pant legs down. My legs instantly feel warmer. Now for Na Hee! I start running but am stopped by the closed school gates. So I run and try to jump over the brick walls, but I'm too short. I sigh. Really? My attempt to look 'cool' was being ruined by everything. Oh well, might as well  look stupid doing it. I run and jump, managing to get my arms over. I scramble until I'm able to get one leg over.

"Hey student! What are you doing skipping class!"  ! I swing my other leg over and jump down to the otherside. I start running down the sidewalk. I hope the teacher didn't see my face!

I run through the streets only stopping to catch my breath. This is uselss, but I need to do something. I sigh in fustration. Where had I last seen them? I scan the area. I'm sure it was around here, but how could the guy just disappear with Na Hee? Could he...have some kind of ability? I run down streets I've never been to before, getting hoplessly lost. Na Hee, where are you? How could I be so stupid? 

I sniff my runny nose. I have no clue where they were at all, yet I hope that by searching fruitlessly I'll find her? I crouch down, leaning against a pole. I should have chased him when I saw him yesterday.

"Hey! White haired guy! Where are you? Where's Na Hee? What did you do to her? Who are you?" I shout, feeling foolish. Some people in the streets stare at me like I'm crazy. Well, you can't help being crazy after searching for a long time in the cold. My fingers and toes are going numb. I breath on my fingers.

"Come out white haired guy! What did you take Na Hee for? I know you have powers! Come out!"

It suddenly starts snowing harder and suddenly he appears as if he melted out of the snow. "If you want Na Hee, tell Exo that Ice is waiting for them. They'll know where." He studies me for a minute. "How are you involved with Exo?"  "I'm not," I reply icily.