Ch 34

The Adventures of Moon Eun Jung

        I blink in surprised amusement as a familiar face enters the classroom. I should've guessed something like this would happen, after all that had happened. (Being transported to another world) I sigh, but why did  it have to be in my class? He looks very tall in the school uniform of navy blue. His pale skin, ice blue eyes, and short white hair. Ice.

Students start whispering about this new student. Is he a foreigner? Did he dye his hair? Was he wearing contacts? Of course I puzzle over his looks, but I know by now that it's natural. His face shows no expression, eyes so hard and cold. I look away when he looks at me. Right! Can't forget the little "confrontation" we had. Something to do with Exo killing a girl named Ha Na. I pray that he doesn't say anything to me....and he doesn't.

 

        "We're getting more and more surprises everyday," Chaneol states, staring at Ice from across the cafeteria. "It's really weird to see him in this world. Yu seemed so much more....friendlier," Na Hee adds biting into her rice.  "Seeing Ice is never good news," Taek Gu says grimly. We all think back to last time. I shudder as a thought I had been supressing emerges. Surock and Yu. Ice and me.  What a horrid thought! Me like Ice? No way! Even if that was possible in the other world, I was not going to allow it here. Ever! I like Tao, though that is another problem in itself.

Apparently Haru was thinking the same thing. "Eun Jung! What if you and Ice end up dating?"  I finish chewing my kimchi, "That is not going to happen."  "And how would you know that?" Na Hee questions, "Surock and Yu like each other."  I sigh, too lazy to even bother fighting back, "That's different."

"Not by much," Suho points out. My cheeks begins flushing at the sudden interrogation. I sigh deciding not to answer.

"Eun Jung does have a point," Xiumin speaks up, "here Ice is our enemy. He hates us. Isn't it strange that he transferred to our school?"   "To get revenge?" Kris answers.  "But didn't he already do that?" Na Hee asks. Haru stares at everyone in bewilderment, "What are you guys talking about?" So they all filled her in.

 

         I make my face impassive as I stare at the wall behind Ice. We ended up in partnering up in class. I tried to avoid him, but no one partnered up with me so...yeah. 

Our desks are facing each other as the teacher hands out our worksheets. I don't say anything and he does the same. That was the most tense moment of my life. We work silently and by ourselves, when, "Aren't you supposed to be dead?"

I look up at him, slightly thrown off, "What?"   He doesn't look up, continuing to write. "You and that other girl....Na Hee, I threw you two out the window. You two should be dead."  I don't reply. Why would I? We're in the middle of class and I don't want anyone to over hear us. I go back to writing. After a few minutes I feel like someone is watching me. I look up to see Ice glaring at me.

I gulp, "Um..Lay healed me--us." I finally anwser lamely.

 

         "Why am I not surprised?" Haru states. I try not to show that I'm annoyed. Beside me Ice just gives a cool glare, no explanation. "Why is he here?" Luhan asks just as coldly. I'm about to answer when Ice does instead. He wraps a possesive arm around my shoulders, "I had a weird dream," he answers, cold air brushing my neck, "in it I was madly in love with her....Eun Jung." he says, tasting the sound of my name. He leans in, his voice uncomfortably close to my ear, "I want to know...what's so special about her?" 

I can feel my face heating up. ! I push him away.  No way! This can't be happening! Haru smirks at me.

"So you're interested in Eun Jung?" Baekhyun clarifies. Ice thinks for a minute, "I suppose..."

Tao steps up, "Eun Jung is with us. Do you actually think we'll let you do whatever?"  I slap away the thought that Tao might be jealous. I'm just fooling myself.

Ice sticks his hands in his pants pockets, "So?"

"So my !" Taek Gu bursts, " go away you bastard, someone like you---" Abruptly Ice walks away, ignoring Taek Gu. He looks back at me once, "Tomorrow," he says.

"Are you interested in him?" Na Hee asks, as soon as he's gone. At first I don't answer then I say, "No. I want to die."  "That bad?" Haru questions. I sigh.  "Ice and Yu may look alike, but they're totally different," Kris states.

I shudder thinking about Yu's passionate kiss with Surock. No. Never! I want to run away, to hide.

Haru taps her chin, "I don't know about you guys, but I think Ice and Eun Jung make a good couple."   "No way!" I blurt, horrified.

Taek Gu cackles, "Opposites attract. I think all cold guys are attracted to polite hard headed girls."

"I think you're pretty cold-hearted," Luhan says. The two who had once been at each other's throats were acting like nothing happened, even joking with each other.

"No, I'm hot headed," Taek Gu corrects. As they talk , I slowly feel myself sinking.