Ch 33

The Adventures of Moon Eun Jung

         We were all preparing for a feast held by Princess Mai-Le, besides me being forced into a dress, everyone else was enjoying it. Lucky for me the servants decided not to force me to wear a dress---suddenly everything goes black. Everyone fades away, leaving only Exo, Na Hee, Haru, and me. We all glance at each other in confusion. "What's happening now?" Chen asks. Kai grins, "We're going home."

Unlike last time, instead of falling, the darkness fades away. We find ourselves in the exact positions we were in before we left. All of us wearing our uniforms again, me facing Exo. Sun Mi standing in shock where we last left off. I realize that the whole time we were gone, time here had not changed at all.

"D-D.O." Sun Mi squeaks and runs off, splashing water from a puddle.

I remember the decision I had made in the other world. "Uh...then, bye."  I turn around and begin walking away, when Na Hee shouts, "Are you still trying to ignore us?"  I stop. Memories flash by of what we've just went through. Once again I had somehow grown closer to Exo, instead of further away. Do I  now have an answer to the question Sun Mi had brought up? I look back at them. All their faces eagerly awaiting my answer, full of hope.

Taek Gu rolls his eyes, "I've noticed, but you're pretty dense, Eun Jung. Are you trying to lie to yourself to hide from the real answer or are you really that slow?"  Taek Gu's words slightly surprise me.  "Uh..." is all I can say, unsure myself what my answer will be.  They all wait patiently. I look at the road, thinking. What is Exo to me? We fought together, helped each other...I clench my hands, trying to sort my thoughts out. Are they my friends or not?

I take a deep shuddering breath.  "No, I guess I can't ignore you guys. How many times has it been now that we keep ending up like this? If fate or destiny decrees it, so be it."

Na Hee's face lights up with joy. Before I can stop her, she has me in a huge bear hug. The guys grin at each other and at me. Haru joins in with the hugging.  Finally they let me go.  I sigh... this is going to be a somewhat tiresome life....but it'll be a more exciting one.

"Smile!" says Baekhyun, "aren't you happy to come back?"  I try not to, but all their shining eyes looking straight at me and their wide grins makes a smile break free.