Ch 6

The Adventures of Moon Eun Jung

 

     I savor spicy kimchi as I remember what Tao whispered to me. It proved that Na Hee didn't know about what they could do, but the funny thing was that other than knowing that they had some sort of supernatural ability, I don't know anything else either. I don't know how they got it or what their ability did. I sigh, I'm trying to distance myself from Exo, but their unrealistic ability was tweaking at my curiousty. Without knowing it, the day I agreed to join Exo I had already became involved with their lives. I gulp down some water. With the apperance of Taek Gu I have a feeling that things were going to get chaotic. I sigh again and it's only been about three days since I joined Exo.

I hear the click of a key being inserted in the keyhole, then the door opens. My aunt bustles in carrying two plastic bags in her hands. Aunt is home early today. I wonder why. Aunt who always looks exhausted grins at me, her whole face lighting up. She holds up the two bags, "Guess what? I got my paycheck today! We're having beef tonight!" I burst into a smile. "Really?" She holds the bag out to me, "You want to see? Here's your proof."

Before I know it, Aunt and I are sitting in the living room eating grilled beef. Aunt adds in a few more thin slices of raw meat to the sizzling pan. The pan sat on a portable stove top, cooking the delicious beef. The aroma of beef and garlic scent the air as we eat. I grab a lettuce leaf and wrap it around a slice of beef, garlic, and pepper paste, stuffing it in my mouth. "Delicious, right?" Aunt asks. I nod. We eat in silence, then after a hesitant start Aunt speaks. 

"Eun Jung...I'm sorry. I don't ever have time for you because I'm so busy working. You must be very lonely. I promise that I'll make it up to you." I smile at her kindness. "I'm alright, you don't have to worry about me." Aunt raises a brow at me, "Are you sure? Do you have friends at school?" I think of Exo, then Na Hee. "Um, yeah. I do have friends." Aunt's eyes light up, "You do? Since when? You usually say I guess. Who are they?"

I flip over a slice of beef, "Her name is Na Hee." I consider telling her about Exo, but decide not to. "Is she pretty?" Aunt asks. "Yeah," I answer. Aunt stuffs a lettuce wrap in , "You have to bring her over sometimes!" I don't answer at first, finally I reply, "I'll try." Aunt's eyes gleam, "I can't wait to meet her. Ah! If you're going to bring her over make sure to tell me ahead of time, okay? I want to make a good first impression!"

 

     After a long time I finally have a full stomach in the morning. I had eaten kimbap that Aunt had left out for me. I couldn't help feeling happy. I pedal past a couple, savoring the cool air. It was getting colder and colder. Winter was coming. I shiver. I liked snow, but not the cold. I reach the bottom of the steep hill and get off my bike. Here goes the climb, just as troublesome as the descent. Without warning someone hooks arms with me. "Huh?"

I look up to see Na Hee. She hurridly drags me along, I barely have time to pull my bike. "What's going on?" I ask. Na Hee grabs onto my arm, "It's him! He's been stalking me since yesterday!" I glance behind us. Taek Gu. He wasn't even concealing the fact that he was following. Na Hee groans, "Didn't he say that he liked you? Why is he following me?"  "Because the one he really likes is you," I answer. She shivers, "I'm glad you're here Eun Jung."

"What is that bastard doing here?" Luhan growls. He glares out the window at Taek Gu, who is leaning against the school gate. I wonder if I should tell him why. Suho sighs, "It's been so long I almost forgot what a persistent bastard he is." "Yeah, but why is he here?" Kai hisses. I lay my head on my arms. Should I tell or should I not? I take a deep breath--but, why did they have to be looking out the window by my desk? I wish they would go sit down, everyone in class is staring. The teacher had left earlier, telling us that we had self-study.

"Is he here to pick a fight?" Kris wonders. I should tell, it was the right thing to do...but did Na Hee want me to tell? I stare hard at my desk, debating. I decide to tell them. "Um..." my voice fades. The boys were too busy talking to hear me. I feel a little annoyed. I speak a little louder. "Um, guys!" Kai notices. "What is it Eun Jung?"  "Um, Taek Gu, he's following Na Hee." Luhan glares at me, "He's following Na Hee?" "Um, yeah," I reply. Angry Luhan is scary. He always seemed so nice and all smiles, but everytime it comes to Na Hee he was always angry...or was he?

Luhan heads for the door, "I'm going to talk to him." Kai and Kris follow after him, "Hey! Luhan, wait up!" Suho sighs, "Let's go." He and Tao also leave. I sit at my desk. When Suho said 'let's go' did he mean me too? I sigh, well if he did, it was too late.

I decide to see what would unfold by watching from the window. A few minutes later the five boys along with the other seven members of Exo approach Taek Gu. I can't hear what they're saying, but Taek Gu obviously said something that made Luhan punch him. No one restrained him this time. Taek Gu definitely mentioned Na Hee. To my surprise Sehun punched Taek Gu. Taek Gu smirks, taunting the twelve boys. I lean my head on my hand. What exactly was the history between them? From the conversation yesterday, they had hinted that Taek Gu had betrayed them.

I hear laughter and gasp when cold water crashes down on my head, running down my collar, into my clothes and soaking my uniform. My hair is dripping wet. I wipe water from my face. Who did this? I turn around in my seat. It's that girl who always bullies Na Hee. What was she doing here?