Ch 7

The Adventures of Moon Eun Jung

     I am speechless. I don't know how I'm supposed to respond to this. "What's wrong? Are you going to tell Exo?" she taunts in a whiney voice. I stare at her and her friends. They laugh. "Oh, look, she's gonna cry!" I stand up. I really want to punch her, but the main thing that was bothering me, was changing into dry clothes. I push pass her, but she grabs me, "Where are you going ?" I jerk my arm out of her grasp. "Why--why are you doing this?" I really want to cry now. For some foolish reason, I had expected someone in the class to defend me. I'm such an idiot.

She crosses her arms, "Why? Because I hate you. What did you do to suddenly become so close with Exo? What, did you blackmail them?" "Why would I do that?" I ask. I'd never do something like that! I walk out of the room. In the hallway I wipe away tears. Ugh, this . Why were people so mean? Why did they have to bully? I hate this. I hate this! I hate this! Someone kicks me from behind. I cry out, falling on my knees. I look back, glaring. The girl smirks, " A loner should stay a loner."

     When Kai, Tao, Suho, Luhan, and Kris returned, there was no sign of what had occurred. No one in class talked about it. The only change was that I was wearing my gym uniform. I had made sure to wipe the floor, my chair, and desk free of water. Luhand had not come back. "Why are you wearing your gym uniform?" Tao asks. I shift uncomfortably. I try to come up with a lie, "Um, I just felt like it." "You felt like it?" Tao repeats, "you really like doing things based on whether you feel like it or not." I don't say anything. I flip the page in my book, trying to concentrate on reading. After the long silence Tao awkwardly goes back to his seat.

 

"Why are you wearing your gym uniform?" Na Hee  asks, she stares at me knowingly. "Because I felt llike it," I reply. Sehun sits down two chairs to my right. "That bastard Taek Gu is still here. I just checked." "He is really persistent," Suho sighs. "We're walking you home," Luhan states. Na Hee smirks, "As if you don't walk me home everyday." 

I notice that the tension between the two had lightened up. I wonder what happened between the two. I sip some soup then crunch down on kimchi. Was it me or was the kimchi a little more spicier than usual?     "Then, if you guys are walking me home, what about Eun Jung?" Na Hee questions. There's an awkward silence. No way! I can't let them walk me home! The last time they had asked about my family and I had made mit seem like they were still alive. If they found out...the sorries and whatnot to come...

"Um, you don't need to," I object, "Taek Gu's goal seems to be Na Hee, so I'm in less danger...." unless he decides to use me to get to Na Hee, but I don't add that part. "Are you sure?" Chen asks. "Um, yeah," I answer. I think of that girl. Now that I think about it I don't even know her name. I should find out. Besides, if she also saw Exo walking me home--let's say the bullying will get worse. Why? I'm ugly and Na Hee is pretty. It makes since to them that Exo would be attracted to her, but not me. If I could be with them why couldn't they? Yep, to know the enemy--I suppose she is--you have to think like the enemy. I hate that she is bullying me and get jumpy, wondering when she'll attack next, but at the same time I feel like I deserve it. I don't have enough pain in my life. A lazy, cold, and heartless person like me deserves to be bullied. I didn't deserve anything. Once again, I got lucky and didn't die along with the rest of my family.

"We can all walk home together," Na Hee suggests. I blink. Walk home together? No way! "Do we have too?" I ask her. Na Hee stares into my eyes, her brown eyes full of life and warmth. I remember Luhan mentioning that her father beat her. How could she be so nice and warm when her father did that to her? If it was me, I would have turned dark and rebellious...or go crazy. The thing is, I realize how strong a person Na Hee is.

"You're a girl too Eun Jung," Na Hee answers my question. "Okaaaaaaaay..." I manage to respond. What an obvious reason. "But I'll be fine. I like to walk home by myself," I add. Na Hee sighs, "You..." I wait. Na Hee suddenly points a finger at me, "Of course! You're not a girl!" Luhan laughs, "What do you mean by that?"   "Are you hiding something from us?" Baekhyun asks, eyes wide. I keep my face blank.

"You," continues Na Hee, "don't shave!"  "You don't?" Suho gasps. I stare at the table, "No." Tao peers under the table, "I can't tell." Sehun pulls him back up, "She's wearing pants." I am so embarassed that I can feel my face turning red. Someone noticed. I didn't shave not because I couldn't, I just didn't want to. It was mainly to keep boys away. Relationships was something I did not want. Which meant love and all that related stuff was something I disliked. Still, I can't help having a few crushes.

"And," continues Na Hee," you don't comb your hair or try putting in any effort to look pretty!" I can't deny her. "So you're not a girl," Na Hee concludes. "I noticed," says Xiumin, "but I never really thought about it." I add to Na Hee's list. Don't forget my acne. I do try to get rid of that though. Na Hee laughs at me. "Alright. If you want to walk home by yourself go ahead. I didn't mean to make fun of you." I smile, "It's okay."

"I don't think it's okay," Chen says. "You humiliated Eun Jung, Na Hee."  "It's alright," I insist, "Na Hee was just trying to prove a point, Chen." Na Hee nods, "Instead, give me your cell phone number. That way if you get into any kind of trouble you can call me and I you." I knock down her offer, " I don't have a phone." Long silence. "You're poor, aren't you?" Lay states, breaking the silence.