Ch 39

The Adventures of Moon Eun Jung

          "What about Chanyeol?" Haru asks. "No," I sigh. "Baekhyun? Kris? Chen? Sehun?"   "No, no, no, and no."    "Taek Gu? Suho?"      "No and no," I reply stubbornly. Haru groans, "Why are you so stubborn?"  Na Hee giggles, "That's Eun Jung for you."  Sulkily Haru sips her mango smoothie, "You are surrounded by thirteen--no fourteen counting Ice--fourteen hot guys and you aren't at all attracted to them? Look! Even Na Hee fell for Luhan!"  Haru leans foward, " Maybe, you already have someone else in mind?"  I give her my bored look, "No, I don't, " not that I'm going to tell her about Tao. I can imagine the storm she'll brew if it ever gets out.

Haru throws her hands up in fustration, "Then who is the perfect guy for you? Name him! Describe him! I'll find him if I can, and if I can't I'll make him! Give me anything Eun Jung! Anything!" Na Hee nudges Haru with her elbow, "Give Eun Jung a break! I have something more important to tell you."  "What is it?" Haru asks. Na Hee gives me a wink, "Luhan and I kissed." Thank you Na Hee for being so nice and understanding! I return a smile of gratitude. Haru squeals, "What? Really? What was it like?" As the two talk about kissing, I focus on my kiwi smoothie.

Haru is always going on about me and trying to hook me up with someone and it suddenly occurs to me that I don't know who Haru likes. Did she like anyone from Exo? "Um, Haru?" Haru snaps to attention, "Yes? You got a guy you want?"  "No, but I was wondering...who do you like Haru?" She stares at me, frozen. "Haru?" Na Hee asks.

Scaring Na Hee and me, Haru suddenly covers her face while squealing in embarassment. "So you do have someone," says Na Hee. Haru nods, " The one I like is...Chanyeol!"   "Why Chanyeol?" I ask. Haru blushes, "I like his deep voice, his smile! He can play a guitar, and rap, and he's tall!"  "That's all?" Na Hee questions.

"Of course not!" and Haru began to list a long list of reasons why Chanyeol was so awesome and wonderful. I sigh, sipping my delcious smoothie. For some reason I always thought Lay liked Haru and she liked him, but apparently I was wrong. It was Chanyeol the whole time.

 

          "That was so awkward," sings Taek Gu. I sigh, why did I stupidly tell him that I got rejected by Tao? Now, everytime Tao and I have a confrontation he delights in pointing out the obvious. Was Taek Gu always this annoying? Wait, yeah, he was, especially when he first met Na Hee and kept following her around like a stalker.

"You know I never noticed how obivious it was that you liked Tao," he continues. Shut up, I say in my head. "How you always avoid him," Taek Gu smirks.  "Since you and Tao didn't work out I guess you and Ice are destined, like Surock and Yu."  Does he have to remind me?

"So when are you going to get together with Ice?" I turn around so fast that I smack head first into Taek Gu's chest. "Sorry!" I apologize. Taek Gu laughs, "This doesn't even hurt compared to bruises from a fight, but what gives?"   "Ice," I whisper.  As soon as I say his name, he appears.  Thankfully he doesn't say anything and walks right by giving me a cold glare.

Taek Gu watches him leave, "Looks like it's gonna take a while, you and him."  

Once more I sigh. I pray that it never happens. Ice and Yu are completely different! Ice was violent and cold while Yu was loving and passionate...er..let's not go there. However, in the end, Ice and Yu like Surock and I, do share similarites. Ice's similarites to Yu--I have not seen yet.

"Hey, Taek Gu, why did you leave Exo?" I randomly ask, deciding to forget about Ice and Yu for now. Taek Gu who was staring at Na Hee and Luhan in the hallway, blinks, "Huh? What? Why did I leave Exo?"  I nod, "Yeah, why did you leave?"   "Why do you want to know?"

I shrug, "I've always been curious about it."

Taek Gu sighs, scratching the back of his head, "Well...I betrayed Exo. It was something really stupid, but I was an idiot back then. I was weaker too. It's really really stupid. I couldn't handle a few beatings and told the other gang Exo's hideout. They attacked us by surprise at our secret hideout and when Exo found out that I had betrayed them, I left."

"That was stupid," I agree, "but I'm pretty sure I would have done the same. I'm a coward," I tell him. Taek Gu smirks, " All the time like Tao and you for exam---"

And like a k-drama and in slow motion a bunch of rowdy boys coming down the hall jostle Taek Gu and standing right beside the wall with no where to go, with Taek Gu coming towards me and no time to react, he smushes me against the wall, embracing me in an awkward hug.

For a second I thought we were going to kiss, but thankfully I'm short and that was avoided. Boy was I ever glad to be short at that moment!

Taek Gu automatically steps back, "Sorry, are you okay?"

Face on fire, I calmly answer, " Yeah, I'm ....okay," no broken bones, right?