Ch 18

The Adventures of Moon Eun Jung

          I think Sun Mi doesn't bully me because she hates me, but also because I'm easy to bully. I hand Sun Mi the soda she wanted. Sun Mi sighs, "Are you deaf? I said orange flavor, not apple." I apologize, "Sorry," taking the drink back. She definitely said apple earlier. I stare out the windows as I walk down the hallway. It's spring. First semsester has passed and I got a class switch. I should have prayed that I wouldn't have Sun Mi in my class. It wasn't so bad...yes it its, but I can handle it. Fetching was okay, being called cuss words, getting beat up, and being embarassed...not okay. As a coward I don't do anything about it. I'm afraid I'll blow my top. Once I had done that to my cousins and they laughed at me. They didn't take me seriously. I just know that if I blow it'll only get turned against me. Besides...I deserve it.

I arrive at the vending machine. This time I'm not going to get tricked. Using my remaining money I get each of all the drinks in the machine. Ha! Try to beat that Sun Mi! Well....there was also the option of Sun Mi saying she wanted something to eat not drink. I sigh, oh well, I'll just have to take it. Carefully I walk down the hall with a pile of drinks. A drink slips out. I bend down and pick it up, careful not to drop the rest. I slide classroom door open, as soon as I do I want to disappear, right then and there.

"Where have you been? Ms. Moon?" my new teacher asks. I almost cry in embarassment. "I, um, was getting drinks."   "You need to drink all that? Besides skipping my class?"  "I'm sorry," I apologize. My teacher shakes her head at me, "Ms. Moon please be more responsible." I nod and rush to my seat. I pile the drinks on my desk. Sun Mi sneers at me, "."

 

          I forget that with spring comes rain. I step over a puddle. Looking up all I see is gray skies. "Hurry up Eun Jung!" Sun Mi shouts. I fast walk to her. Sun Mi grabs the back of my head, pulling hard on my hair. I clench my teeth. " I don't hate you," Sun Mi says, "you're just so easy to order around." She jerks my head upwards. "Hey? Why don't you fight back Eun Jung? Are you scared?" When I don't answer she lets go. She kicks me in the knees, "You're worthless!" She punches me in the stomach, "You're weak!" I groan stooping over to clutch my stomach. I can't breath.

Sun Mi suddenly slames her knees into the side of my head. "Hey idiot! I'm talking to you. The least you can do is answer!"  "I don't have anything to say," I finally speak up. I hear a ringing in my ear. I stand up, my head fills fizzy. The spot where her knee connected with my head throbs. 

Sun Mi laughs and mimics me, " I don't have anything to say."

"Of course you don't! Nobody wants you! But I do. Why? You are my stress bag. That's good isn't it? You're being useful to someone."

Just like a manga I think. Sun Mi pushes me and I fall into a puddle of water. She crouches down beside me, " You hate this don't you? I'll stop if you can get D.O. to date me."

I show no surprise on my face. She likes D.O. ! I can't tell if Sun Mi is playing with me or actually asking me to do it. I won't and I can't though. I have nothing to do with Exo anymore. "Why do you like him?" I ask.

Sun Mi begins beating me up, "Why do I have to tell you?" She begins cussing. I curl myself up into a ball and let her beat me. Please let this end soon. I imagine myself lying on the sidewalk, so tiny and weak, doing nothing. An old fire lights up. Why am I continuing to let her do this to me? Why am I not doing something? Stopping her? What? Am I some maiden in distress waiting for her dear prince to come to her rescure? Hell no! I am not. Nobody was going to save me, but myself.

I suddenly stand up, startling Sun Mi. "I don't want to do this anymore," I announce. Sun Mi narrows her eyes, "What did you say?" I look her right in the eye, "Stop bullying me." Out of the corner of my eye I see people approaching. Let's get this over with quickly.

Sun Mi laughs, "You want me to stop bullying you?" I don't answer. Sun Mi begins to laugh hysterically. "Where the f***  did all this courage come from?" I step back a little. I think she's going psycho.

I try to ignore the pains of her beating. With no warning Sun Mi suddenly grabs my throat, "Don't f*** with me bean bag! I'll never stop bullying you! You're too easy!" BAM!

I see black when Sun Mi punches me in the face. Pain explodes like fireworks across my cheek, seeping into my jaws. The blow causes me to stumble backwards. My sight clears and I see the look of pure horror on Sun Mi's face. I bump into something. I look back, "Sorry..."  I stare up into Sehun's eyes. Exo.

I quickly step away, "Sorry--excuse me."

I freeze in surprise as before me the whole world turns completely dark. All I see is inky deep black and Exo along with Na Hee and the new girl. Did I pass out? Am I becoming delusional?

"What just happened?" Sehun asks looking around. Suho closes his eyes, "I think I'm dreaming." I watch Exo nervously. What do I do? Where am I? Why am I stuck with Exo?  

"Calm down," says Na Hee, "I'm sure this is all a really strange dream."

"I just pinched myself, it's not," Kris informs.

"Then where are we?" the new girl asks. 

Even in this strange situation, I'm terribly self-conscious of Tao. Kai smacks a fist into his palm. "I got it! We're in a sort of time zone!" That makes sense. "Yeah, right," Xiumin disagrees. It's like I'm invisible.

Then one moment I'm standing and the next I'm falling through blackness. I can't tell, but I'm sure I'm screaming. Exo is.

We tumble through the darkness that seems to have no end. Being a fantasy book reader and manga reader, I have a pretty good guess what's happening. We're falling through some kind of space. Where it'll take us....I don't know. Yet, I can't help but feel this all might be a dream. I pinch myself to make sure.

With no graduation of color we suddenly fall onto a muddy road. Right away I can feel the rain pelting my sking and soaking my uniform. I stand up, looking around. Where was I? We were in the middle of a slippery muddy road with miles of trees stretching into the distance on either side of  the road. 

"Where are we?" Lay whispers. Not in Korea, I say inside my head.