Ch 42

The Adventures of Moon Eun Jung

          "What happened between you two?" Na Hee whispers. "Nothing," I answer. "It doesn't look like nothing," Haru says, "Taek Gu won't even look at you and when he does he says rude things about you."  "Did you two get into a fight?" D.O. asks, joining the conversation. I sigh, "No. I got mad at Taek Gu because he kept pestering me."  "So you did get into a fight," Na Hee concludes.

"What did you get mad about?" Haru asks with big eyes. I don't want to answer, seeing how stupid it is now. "The same things you keep asking," I vaguely answer.  "Ask you what?" Haru asks. "About who you think I should like," I answer.

Taek Gu abruptly stands up at the lunch table. "Where are you going?" Xiumin asks him. "I'm getting a drink from the vending machine," he mutters. 

"You better apologize," Haru whispers, "you never get mad when I ask you, so why did you get mad at Taek Gu?"  I couldn't tell her the truth. I was fustrated with having another annoying crush again and Taek Gu kept asking me who I liked. I hadn't been getting proper sleep and I was afraid he'd find out, so I exploded.  "I just wasn't in a good mood," I sigh.  

"Tell him that," Na Hee says, " you're going to continue to let Taek Gu be angry at you over something like that? He's your friend, right?"  D.O. nods in agreement, "He'll forgive you."  I try not to groan as they force me after Taek Gu.

          As I search the school for the vending machine Taek Gu had gone to, I came to realize something. I was doing the exact same thing as I had done with Tao. I was running away again, like a coward. I was afraid of Tao finding out and let all the feeling and emotions pent up and in the end when I let the truth out I finally felt free again. Tao didn't like me and Taek Gu doesn't either. I was overreacting again, like usual. Now I feel really bad for yelling at Taek Gu.

Heart thumping wildly at what I was about to do, I find Taek Gu at the vending machine on the second floor. Thumpthumpthump. Acting as normal as possible I approach him. Taek Gu ignores my prescence. "Um, hi."

He bends down and grabs his banana milk. Thumpthumpthump!

"I came to apologize...to you," I begin. Taek Gu walks around me, stabbing a straw into his banana milk carton. I turn around and follow him. "I'm sorry for yelling at you."

"Why is there an annoying fly following me?" Taek Gu drones. "So annoying!"  I walk quickly to catch up to him. This was not working. He won't even try to listen to what I have to say!

"I'm sorry! I was in a bad mood that day! I got angry at you for no reason!" He continues to ignore me. In fustration I grab his arm, "Taek Gu---"

"Don't touch me!"  He jerks his arm away, knocking me to the ground.  He glares at me, "I told you I don't like being touched by ugly girls."  I stand up, ignoring my stinging palms, "I'm trying to apologize. Let me apologize then I'll leave, okay?"  Taek Gu turns his back to me, "I already heard your apology, now go away!"

I let out a shaky breath and chase after him again, "I'm not done yet! Okay, actually I lied! I wasn't mad at you only because I was in a bad mood. I got angry because what you said was true!"  That stopped him.  I walk around to face him, "I'm sorry for being a coward. I do like somebody and you almost found out."   Thumpthumpthumpthump!

Taek Gu narrows his eyes at me," Seriously, all because of that? You could have told me you didn't want me to know or something."  He begins to walk away, but I sidestep, blocking him. "I'm not done yet."  Taek Gu sigh angrily, "What, we're not done yet? You want me to apologize too?"  I stick out a leg to bar the other side of the hallway, "No. You don't need to apologize for anything." 

I stare down at the ground taking a deep breath, "I was angry and yelled at you because the one I like is you."