Chapter 67: Café Chu

Perfect for Me

            Siwon stormed into Café Chu. He glanced around the café looking for Yuri and spotted her almost immediately sitting in the corner drinking her coffee and reading a book. Was this what girls did to pass time, to calm down, or just to wait? Or was Yuri waiting for someone? Was she waiting for him? Siwon walked over slowly and sat down. Neither one said anything but simply exchanged glances.

            Yuri was the first to look away. She placed her book into her bag and stood up. She turned to leave, but Siwon sprang up out of his seat and grabbed onto her arm. “Yuri, don’t leave me!” The silence between them was now broken. “Yuri… please.”

            A waited came to the table and asked Siwon what he’d like to drink. A great way to ruin the moment…

            Siwon glanced at the waiter and whispered, “Water.”

            The waiter nodded and went t get water for Siwon.

            Yuri slowly turned to face Siwon. Her eyes were squinted and Siwon could see that she was hurt. The way he’d hurt her even so long ago… she was still hurting… A LOT. “Yuri, please hear me out! 5 minutes! That’s all I need.”

            Yuri didn’t want to give him time to explain why he’d abandoned her so long ago. She didn’t want to hear the excuses he was about to tell her. She’d worked so hard to forget him and forget the pain in her heart, but now a bunch of feelings were filling up inside of her. “Fine! 5 minutes. Only 5 minutes.” Yuri took out her phone and set a timer for 5 minutes. “There’s your time.”

            “Ahh!” Siwon realized that Yuri had already started the timer. “Look Yuri. We’ve known each other for so long. We’ve dated for quite some time and clearly you know me better than I know myself. And I’m sure you know why I decided to marry Sooyoung.”

            Yuri looked away. “NO. I DON’T understand. Would you care to enlighten me? Why?” Her eyes shifted to meet Siwon’s and Siwon could see tears in her eyes.

            “I…” Siwon didn’t know why he was stuttering now. Why? “I did it for the business merging. For my family business.” This was the reason. The only reason. Throughout his time with Sooyoung, Siwon had not once felt that he would love her the way he loved Yuri. “The time I was with Sooyoung, we tried to put on a show for our parents. But clearly there was a gap in this arranged marriage. There was not any real feelings. And so now we’re broken apart and done.”

            Siwon looked at Yuri’s face to see what her reaction was. However she was looking down. Oh no… Yuri was mad. Really mad this time. Siwon had seen Yuri mad before. “Yuri, even though I was married to Sooyoung, you were the only one I thought about. The only one I really wanted to be with. And I did tell Sooyoung that, but she wanted to make something that could never work, work.

            “Yuri-“At that moment Siwon’s phone rang. Siwon had the urge to pick up the phone. It could very well be a business call. Siwon reached into his pocket.

            Yuri’s eyes followed Siwon’s hand as he reached for his phone. Was he really going to pick up? Yuri closed her eyes. It really was over between them…

            Siwon took his phone out and dropped it into the water the waiter had brought to him. Yuri was shocked. Had Siwon really just sacrificed his phone? His business? His life? Yuri blinked her eyes. Was Siwon serious?

            The timer on Yuri’s phone rang. Yuri stood up. She turned to leave.

            “Yuri!” Siwon grabbed onto her arm. “Yuri…” his voice trailed off.

            Yuri turned to face Siwon. “Your five minutes are up.”

            Siwon felt his heart break when she said this.

            Yuri reached into the glass of water and pulled out his phone. “Siwon…” the water works started. Yuri couldn’t hold it in anymore. “Siwon, I’ve been waiting for you to tell me that. To show me how much you love me.” Yuri took a napkin and wiped his phone dry. “Siwon, I know you are willing to sacrifice to be with me. I know what pains you’ve endured because I’ve kept up with any news about you and your business.” Yuri handed him the phone, “I remember that your phone is water-proof though.” Yuri his phone and swiped it to open it. She typed in the password, her birthday: 1205. It opened to the home screen. “For someone who still has his password as his girlfriend’s birthday after being apart for so long, I know you’re loyal.”

            Siwon wasn’t sure what Yuri was getting at. He creased his eyebrows and tried to figure out what Yuri was trying to say. He brought his hand to Yuri’s face and he wiped away her tears. “Yuri… I won’t ever let you cry anymore tears. At least not for a fool like me.” He embraced Yuri tightly. He never wanted to let her go ever again!

            Around the embracing couple, other people in the restaurant couldn’t help but stare at this touching scene, which seemed as if it came straight from a kdrama.