Chapter 43: Traffic Jam Confession

Perfect for Me

Ryeowook’s POV

 

“Yoona, are you mad at me for not telling you?” I said when we were driving on the highway. The car had been quiet since we’d left Yoona’s house.

Yoona was looking out the window but turned to face Ryeowook. “I had already discovered a while back that you were Ryeowook.” Yoona confessed.

I was a bit surprised. “ Really, when?”

“Since the first day when you came, you reminded me of my childhood friend. But I got my answer that you were really Ryeowook.” Yoona faced me. “Do you remember that time when you came in and I had fallen off my chair and was sitting on the floor? And then you laughed at me?” Yoona tried to stir his memory. “The reason I was on the floor was because… I was straightening up your desk and then I found the picture of us when we were smaller in your desk drawer. I thought that it was weird that you had a picture of me in your drawer, but I got my definite answer then.”

“Oh… I see. Were you mad?” I winced. I was surprised that I hadn’t realized back then.

Yoona shook her head, “No. Why would I be mad?” Yoona started to play with her hair. “It’s just that-“

There was a loud beeping in front. Yoona suddenly realized that they were in traffic. They’d be late to work! “There was a car accident in the front… This may take hours to clear…” I tapped my fingers on the dashboard.

“What were you saying?” I turned to face Yoona again.

“Oh… It’s just that… you know how I feel already.” Yoona met eye contact with me. “I want to know how you feel.”

I looked away for a brief second but faced Yoona again, “Yoona, I feel the same way…” I took her hands with my free hand, “Yoona, I love you. I’ve loved you since we were younger… I’m sorry that I just left all of a sudden. I know you were heart broken… I was too.” I looked into her eyes, “I promise to never leave you again.”

Yoona smiled and hugged me. She wrapped her arms around me so that my face was covered. I felt myself blush. Yoona embraced me tightly, so I was pretty sure that she could feel my heart thumping really fast.

Yoona peeled herself off me and faced me again. I leaned over and kissed her. Surprisingly she kissed me right back, like she’d been waiting for me to do that.

Behind, several cars beeped. Yoona and I both sat back up again. I resumed to driving.

“Uh… I should call Taeyeon to let her know that we’ll be late.” Yoona bit her lip. She was dying of happiness inside. Her heart was going to jump out! She called Taeyeon.

Shortly after Yoona hung up, we arrived at the agency. Yoona got out of the car and went up to the agency as I parked the car. Yoona walked in and ran over to Taeyeon who was sitting down. She couldn’t stand straight. She was fidgety and jumping around.

“Yoona re you okay? Why are you so excited?” Taeyeon laughed. Yoona looked so silly.

“You wont believe it!!!” Yoona laughed. She brought herself closer to Taeyeon and whispered in her ear, “Nathan is Ryeowook now.”

“You mean you know?” Taeyeon was shocked.

Yoona nodded, “We were childhood friends… He stayed over at my place yesterday and he kind of told us this morning. And then in the car when were getting to work, there was traffic… so I told him how I felt and turns out that he feels the same… so we kind of hugged first, and then…” Yoona was giggling, “we!”

I walked into the agency and saw Yoona giggling. I figured what she could be talking about, “kissed.” I finished her sentence.

Yoona and Taeyeon turned to face me, “Omo,” Taeyeon laughed, “That’s so cute!” She turned to face us. Yoona stood by my side and she held my hand.

“Oh darn it!” Taeyeon frowned.

Yoona and I both turned to face her, “What’s wrong?”

Taeyeon looked at me, “You know I was kind of used to calling you Nathan?” Taeyeon looked at Yoona, “Now I’m going to have to go back to calling him Ryeowook.”