Chapter 46: The Blind Date Part 1

Perfect for Me

            Krystal anxiously waited in the restaurant where she’d be meeting Jonghyun, her blind date. Except that she already knew who her blind date was, so it was basically a one-sided blind date. Jonghyun would be surprised! Krystal laughed nervously while trying to guess what his reaction would be like when he found out that it was her.

            For the second time, a waiter approached Krystal and asked her what she’d like to order. “I’ll just have a lemon tea first.” Krystal decided, feeling a bit irritated that the waiter had been eyeing her for a while.

            “Okay,” the waiter walked away.

            Krystal looked around again and noticed Jonghyun enter the restaurant. She suddenly got this worry. How’d he know that she was his blind date? She looked around and noticed me follow in behind Jonghyun. Okay… Thank goodness… Krystal felt less worried.

            “Here,” I walked Jonghyun over to Krystal. Jonghyun eyed Krystal and a bright expression grew on his face. “Ah! It’s you!” Jonghyun had a bright smile on his face. He looked at me, “Hey Ryeowook, I know who she is. She’s in my class!”

            A smile appeared on Krystal’s face. She was thrilled that Jonghyun recognized her. They’d only talked once or twice, but she was glad that he recognized her.

            “Hi, Jonghyun,” Krystal greeted.

            “Hi…” Jonghyun paused as if trying to remember what her name was. “Ah, Soojin!”

            Krystal smiled, “You can call me Krystal.”

            “Okay!” Jonghyun laughed. Krystal blushed when she saw him laughing.

            The same waiter walked over to the table and took Jonghyun’s and my order.

            After the waiter left, I pretended that my phone had rang and I picked up the phone. “Hello?” I looked at Krystal and Jonghyun both staring at me. “Oh… I’ll be there.” I pretended to hang up and I looked over at the two, “Sorry, I have to go…. Work…”

            “Oh, okay…” Jonghyun and Krystal both replied in unison.

            I stood up and left the restaurant.

            “So… Jonghyun…”

 

<3

 

            I smiled as I walked out. I really hoped that everything would work out for Krystal this time around… I got into my car and drove back to the agency. When I got back to the agency, Yoona opened the door right before I could even stick the key into the doorknob.

            “Ryeowook, oppa!” Yoona opened the door and hugged me. “Guess what? We have another customer!”

            “Really? Who?” I wrapped my arms around Yoona and embraced her as well.

            “Phell, tey wiwn’t weawy wome win. Winstead woo wothers wame win wand wanted wo welp weir wend…” Yoona replied. Her voice was muffled because of how tightly I was hugging her.

            “What was that?” I loosed the embrace so that I could hear Yoona.

            “I said, well, they didn’t really come in. Instead two others came in and wanted to help their friend…” Yoona cleared .

            “Oh…” I laughed because Yoona was so adorable.

<3

            “… Jonghyun I like you…” Krystal didn’t know why she felt so shy.

            Jonghyun laughed, “You’re joking, right?”

            Krystal felt like Jonghyun had been laughing at everything she had said. Was she really that funny? Krystal shyly looked at Jonghyun’s charming face. “No, I mean it.”

            Jonghyun stopped laughing but his face still had a big smile on it. “Krystal, I like you too. You’re the best blind date ever.” Jonghyun smiled brightly. They’d had a pretty good time after I’d left. Jonghyun was filled with hilarious jokes and Krystal loved all of them. Jonghyun adored Krystal’s cute snorting laugh. He’d never met someone who laughed so cute.

            Krystal was so happy. She was glad that Jonghyun liked her too. She started to wonder why she even had a crush on Eunhyuk in the past. Was it juts because she wanted to be competitive with her best friend? And now they weren’t even friends anymore. Krystal realized how immature she’d been. Krystal took out her phone, “Jonghyun, can I invite my best friend to join us?”

            “Your best friend? Do I know them?” Jonghyun scratched his chin.

            “I don’t think you do, but she’s the best person ever.” Krystal admitted, “I haven’t been fair to her.”

            “Oh sure! Yeah, just call her out!” Jonghyun clapped his hands together.