Chapter 40: Insomnia

Perfect for Me

             “Do you need to stay over tonight since it’s already so late?” Mrs. Im offered Ryeowook when he exited Yoona’s room. She gestured to an empty room across the hall from Yoona’s room.

            Ryeowook rubbed his sleepy eyes. He’d just realized how tired he was. He couldn’t go driving like this. “Sure, thank you Mrs. Im.” Mrs. Im smiled and led me to the guest room. She opened the door and opened the light. The room was super neat as if it was made into a guest room.

            “If you need anything Nathan, just let me know.” Mrs. Im turned and walked back to her room.

            Ryeowook walked into the room and fell onto the bed. His eyes closed and he fell into a deep sleep.

 

<3

 

            Ryeowook woke up in the middle of the night and looked around. Where was he? He sat up in bed and walked to the door. He opened the door and poked his head out. Oh yeah he was in Yoona’s house… Everything slowly came back to him. He recalled the “celebration” that Taeyeon and Leeteuk had invited them to yesterday.

            Ryeowook stepped back into the room and sat on the bed. He was rubbing his eyes when suddenly a thought came to his mind. He thought about how Yoona had told him that she loved him… but she was drunk, so he couldn’t be sure if she had really meant it… Ryeowook held his head in his hands. He was just so confused now… So what if Yoona was also in love with him? Ryeowook felt a warm feeling in his heart just thinking about them being a couple. He’d been in love with her for so many years already. It might just be worth it…

            Ryeowook closed his eyes and smiled to himself. He felt like it was too good to be true. Suddenly he opened his eyes. Wait a minute… was he in love with Kim Ryeowook or Nathan Kim? Even thought they were indirectly the same person, they were also technically not. It seemed as if she was in love with… Ryeowook honestly didn’t know. Ryeowook sat up in bed. Now he couldn’t sleep. He was feeling a bit panicked. Maybe this was just all his wishful thinking…

            Ryeowook tried to push all thoughts out of his head and fall back asleep, but he found it very difficult to.

<3

            An hour later, Ryeowook was still wide-awake in bed. Ryeowook got out of bed and walked to the door. He opened it again, but this time, he stepped out and walked down the hall. As he walked, he noticed Yoona’s bedroom door wide-open. He poked his head in to look at Yoona sleeping peacefully. Would it really make a difference if he were Ryeowook or Nathan? Ryeowook quietly walked in and kneeled down by her bedside. Her face was so naturally beautiful… He leaned closer to Yoona’s face and gently kissed her forehead. Would Yoona accept him for whom he was?

            Ryeowook did not notice Mrs. Im standing in the hall watching the two. Mrs. Im wore a big smile on her face.