Chapter 36: Yoona is Annoyed...

Perfect for Me

            “New customer?” Mrs. Im and I both got out of our seats. We both looked at each other and then at Yoona.

            “What do you mean, Yoona?” I asked first. I felt a bit nervous inside that I might be found out by her mother, so I looked down right after my exclamation.

            “Nathan, you seem a bit rude today! Are you not welcoming my mother?” Yoona frowned and placed her hands on her hips. Yoona faced her mother who also had a confused expression on her face as if she wanted to ask the same question. “Mom, dad died when I was only ten. It’s been years, but since I’m older now and working more frequently, I want someone to be there for you. I want you to have someone to take care of you. Don’t you want someone to watch over you? You know that as much as I want to, I may not always be with you at home…”

            Mrs. Im’s face wore no expression for a while, but soon Mrs. Im smiled, “Yoona, I know that you care about me, but don’t you think that you should find a boyfriend first?”

            Yoona took her mother’s hands and held onto them tightly, “Mom, I have someone already. You know…” Yoona eyed her mother trying to signal her to not say any more.

            “Yoona, why don’t we talk about this later…” Mrs. Im faced her attention back to the rest of the people in the room. Taeyeon, Leeteuk, and I all stared at Yoona and her mother. We’d been listening this whole time. Of course we all had different thoughts roaming around in our minds.

            ‘I have somebody already…’ Yoona’s words were stuck in my head. Somebody? Who could it be? I didn’t really know much about Yoona’s love life. I was pretty sure that after I’d moved away, Yoona had a lot of other fan boys chasing after her like honey bees. But I didn’t really know much about her love life…

            “Mom, do you want me to show you around my work place?” Yoona stood up and took hold of her mother’s hand.

            “Sure, Yoona.” Mrs. Im stood up.

            “Is that okay with you?” Yoona looked over at Taeyeon for her permission.

            Taeyeon just nodded, “No problem.”

            “Thanks!” Yoona led her mother away.

            While Yoona was showing her mother around, I decided to take a walk outside. I wanted to talk to Yoona’s mother and ask her how she was doing, but I was also scared that she might recognize me and blow my cover. I took a stroll down the streets of Seoul and stopped when I came across a stand. I looked through the merchandise and found a cute clip. This clip would look so cute in Yoona’s hair. I decided to pay for it. After I paced for the clip, I placed it into my pocket and walked on. As I walked, I was reminded of the first time I had returned to Seoul from the military. A lot had changed since then… And from that time, I’d thought that I wouldn’t be able to survive on my own, but look at how far I’d gotten!

            Before I returned back to the agency, I decided to buy lunch and bring it back. I recalled that Taeyeon and Leeteuk had a sweet tooth, so I ordered something sweet for them to share. I ordered a spicy dish for myself, and a spicy noodle for Yoona and her mother. I recalled that Mrs. Im always used to cook spicy kimchi noodles for us when we were children.

            When I arrived back at the agency, I placed the food down in front of each person.

            “Ah, thank you so much, Nathan!” Taeyeon and Leeteuk both dug in.

            I walked over to the seating area where Yoona and Mrs. Im were sitting and placed the spicy noodle in front of Yoona and Mrs. Im. “Yoona, sorry about before. Eat up.” I handed her two pairs of chopsticks. I looked over at Mrs. Im, “I think you’ll like this.”

            Mrs. Im smiled at me, “Yes, how did you know? It’s my favorite.”

            Yoona smirked at me, “Nathan, you think this will make me forgive you?” Yoona opened the box and dug in, “But thank you.” She smiled at me before she scooped some over for her mother.

            I laughed and also dug into my own lunch.

            Mrs. Im looked from Yoona to me wondering to herself whether or not Yoona wondered what she was thinking right now…