Chapter 61: Blessed

Perfect for Me

When we arrived back to my place, I made something for us to eat. Yoona constantly complimented saying how much better my food was than eating outside. She ate a lot because she thought it was so delicious. I was more than happy with her love for my food. As long as she was happy…

After we ate, I went to the bathroom to shower. Yoona sprawled out on the sofa and picked up the remote controller. She switched on the television and chose a show for us to watch. Two minutes into the show, Yoona heard a noise. At first she ignored it, thinking that it was coming from the show. The noise stopped and a minute later started again. Yoona looked around. Was that my phone? Yoona paused the show and stood up. She followed the sound and came to my room. She looked around and walked in. She came to my desk and picked up my phone. She opened the screen and came to a password locked screen. Yoona tapped her chin wondering what my password could be… Maye… her birthday?

Yoona typed in her birthday: 0530. And the phone was unlocked. Yoona grinned to herself feeling overjoyed of how much I thought about her. Yoona viewed the missed call. Oh, it was his mother… Yoona was about to put my phone back down where it had been, but she saw my background. It was of a picture of her and him! Yoona beamed. She slowly placed the phone back onto the desk and turned around to exit the room. Before she exited, she bent down to clean up some clothes on the floor. That was so unlike Ryeowook to have clothes on the floor.

Yoona folded the clothes and placed it onto my bed. When she was folding a blazer, she felt something inside the pocket. She reached into the pocket and pulled out… a ring box!

Yoona was so surprised. She had no idea that I had been planning to propose! Yoona felt her face grow red. She opened the box and looked at the ring. It was beautiful! Yoona took the ring out and admired the diamond. It shone so brightly. Yoona brought the ring to her finger and slipped it on. However, it was a size too big. Was this his ring? But for what? Yoona couldn't possibly think of who else this ring could be for besides her. The ring didn't fit.

Well, they’d never actually gone to try on rings, so maybe he was just taking a wild guess… Yoona took off the ring and placed it back into the box. When she took it off, she noticed an inscription in the ring. It read KR&JJ. KR&JJ… Wait a minute… JJ? Yoona suddenly recalled that my ex-girlfriend was Jessica. Jessica’s last name was Jung. Had this ring been for Jessica? Since when? When was this from?

Yoona’s mind was filled with so many thoughts. Had I been happy before she came back into his life? But I hadn’t really ever re-met her. Well, not that Yoona knew… Yoona put the ring back into the box and placed the box back into my pocket. She stepped out of the bedroom and re-entered the living room where the television was still on.

Yoona sat down in front of the television, but she wasn’t really watching. Her mind was somewhere else.

“Yoona?” I exited the bathroom and sat down next to Yoona. I put my arm around Yoona. “So what are we watching?”

Yoona was in lala land, so she didn’t respond.

“Yoona?” I put my hands on her face and peered directly at her.

Yoona snapped back to reality. “Oh, Ryeowook oppa.”

“Are you alright, Yoona?”

Yoona tried to forget what she had seen. But she couldn’t. “Ryeowook, how much do you love me?”

I smiled at Yoona. Hadn’t I told her before? Did she really like to hear me say it so many times? Not that I minded. “ Yoona, I love you more than any other woman in the world. You mean the world to me. I can’t live without you.”

“Really?” Yoona didn’t seem to believe me. I could tell that something was wrong.

“Yoona, what is the matter?”

“Oppa…” Yoona decided to tell me, “before your phone was ringing, so I went to go pick it up for you. It was your mother.”

“Oh, okay…” I continued to stare at her. I was sure that there was something else.

“Is there something else you want to tell or ask me? I saw that you folded my clothes.”

“Oppa, I was folding your clothes. Your room is always so neat and I thought it was weird that you didn’t fold your clothes. So I helped you fold your clothes. While I was folding your clothes… when I was folding your blazer, a ring box fell out of your pocket.” Yoona felt closer to the truth by telling me what was bothering her.

I didn’t say anything. That ring was something from my past. I’d meant to get rid of it… but never did. And now Yoona had found it. “Yoona, you’re right. That ring wasn’t for you. It was actually something I got a long time ago, before I enlisted to the military. I was going to propose to Jessica, but never got a chance to. I had meant to get rid of it.”

I took the ring box and got up. I walked over to the window and threw it out. It was like throwing out my money and a broken memory.

“Yoona, you trust me, right?”

Yoona seemed a bit shocked that I’d thrown the ring out. She studiedme, wondering exactly what I was thinking.

“Yoona, I want to take you somewhere tomorrow. Let’s go to select our own rings. I’ll make a proper proposal to you tomorrow. I promise.”