Chapter 31: Looking for Help

Perfect for Me

            I returned from my lunch break and peered around the agency. I spotted Yoona browsing the web. “Hey, where’s Taeyeon?”

            “I told her to go home and take a rest. I mean it’s not like it’s busy here so I felt like she should get her mind off ‘dating’” Yoona explained after she removed the lollipop she had been on from .

            “Oh I see…” I nodded and plopped into my seat. “But I’m sure Leeteuk had a reason for doing that… There’s always a reason for doing that… There’s always a reason. After all, we’re both guys. I think that I can understand his situation…”

            “But I don’t think that Taeyeon is delusional. Girls also always have a reason to be suspicious. Leeteuk could’ve done something wrong…” Yoona argued.

            I furrowed my eyebrows at Yoona. Yoona always had a counter-argument. “Okay then, Yoona. Let’s investigate for the real truth. Whoever is right has to pay!” I was willing to risk anything. I had a gut feeling about this…

            “Fine, Nathan! But I’m sure that I’m right!” Yoona smirked and stood up.

            “I guess we should shut down for now.” I also stood up.

            “Okay,” Yoona exited the office.

 

<3

            Yoona entered Taeyeon’s apartment. She approached the door and rang the bell.  Nobody answered so Yoona pressed the bell again. Still no answer. Shoot! Yoona whipped out her phone and called Taeyeon. No one answered. Yoona began to panic. She began to bang on the door. “Help! Someone help!” She continued to pound on the door.

            Several neighbors came out to look and offered Yoona some help. After several more attempts, Yoona got the door open. There was smoke everywhere; but Yoona did not see a fire burning on the stove so she ran to the bathroom where she found Taeyeon in the tub. Yoona spotted a razor knife on the floor beside the tub and slash marks on Taeyeon’s wrist. Oh no!

            Yoona’s hands were trembling, but she managed to pull out her phone and called 9-1-1.

 

<3

 

Taeyeon was rushed to the hospital. Yoona was crying hysterically. Was it her fault for telling Taeyeon to go home to rest? Yoona wouldn’t have known that Taeyeon had suicidal thoughts in mind! She anxiously waited in the waiting room. Should she call Nathan? No… she had been a bit uptight and calling him for help would make it seem like she was admitting that she was wrong. Yoona decided to just wait for the emergency light to switch off.

Just then the light turned off. Yoona jumped out of her seat and stood in front of the exit to the emergency room. The doctors exited and met Yoona. “She’s in a stable condition now. She lost a lot of blood but luckily she received spare blood. She’ll have to stay overnight for the next few days. Please watch over her for the next couple of days to ensure that her condition is okay again“ the doctor reported.

“Okay, thank you so much!” Yoona bowed repeatedly. Yoona found the room that Taeyeon was in and she sat by her bedside. Yoona wanted to say that all men were rotten but her childhood friend, Ryeowook Kim, was not that type of person. He was her best friend as a child and her first love. She had dated several other guys that in no way were better than he was. Even when with other boyfriends, she’d always be reminded of Ryeowook. Years ago he had jst left her. She was sure he had his reasons… and for some reason Nathan just reminded her of him.