Chapter 53: Ryeowook meets Donghae

Perfect for Me

I woke up the next morning with Yoona lying by my side. We were both sprawled out on the couch. I guessed that we'd fallen asleep on the couch after doing the magic trick with the cards. It hadn't really been a magic trick, but it was better than nothing. Yoona could tell that I was improvising but she still seemed to appreciate that I was trying to entertain her. I smiled at my Yoona still sleeping. I her face lightly and got up from the couch. I walked over to the bathroom and the sink faucet. I splashed cold water on my face even though it was winter now. I looked around the bathroom and exited to the kitchen. I the fire and the kitchen immediately became warmer. I placed the kettle on the stove and took out the eggs. 

I wanted to cook a warm breakfast for Yoona to eat when she woke up. I the fire for the water to boil and the fire for the pan. I cracked two eggs into the pan and yawned. As the eggs sizzled, I opened the fridge and pulled out a can of spam and some beans. I began chopping the beans and after opened the can of spam. I dumped the chopped beans and spam into the pan with the sizzling egg. I took my spatula and flipped the egg over into an omelette. When the omelette was done cooking, I plated it and sprinkled some cheese over it to melt. I placed the dish on the opposite counter and shut the fire to the kettle as it began to whistle. 

I brewed some coffee and placed everything onto a tray. When I turned around to bring the food out, I noticed Yoona sitting outside waiting. I smiled at her and placed the food in front of her. "Eat up, Yoona." 

Yoona smiled at me and took the first bit, "Yummy..." She cut up another piece and fed me. 

"Not bad... Hmmm... I wonder who the cook is?" I looked around, in a joking manner. Yoona laughed and drew my face closer to her's. When I thought she was about to kiss me, she wiped something off my face. "You're a messy eater." 

I smiled back at Yoona as we finished the omelette and coffee. I cleaned the table and washed the dishes. When I exited the kitchen, I saw Yoona waiting by my room. I walked over and walked into my room. I went to my closet and chose out an outfit. From the mirror, I could see a confused expression on Yoona's face. I buttoned up my shirt and held out a tie to her. "I'm going to return to work today. I'm feeling a lot better since you came to visit." 

Yoona took the tie and helped me fix it. I looked at Yoona surprised. I didn't actually think that she knew how to do a tie, especially since she didn't have a father or any brothers. But of course she proved me wrong. She took the tie and helped me tighten it. It was very neat. As she did my tie, I watched her concentrated so hard and smiled. I leaned forward and kissed her nose. 

Yoona finished the tie and fixed my collar. She looked up at me and folded her hands together. She placed her hands against her cheek and battered her eyelashes. "Oh my, look who's so handsome?" 

I Yoona's hair with my hand and embraced her. I felt as if we were a married couple. 

***
When we arrived to the agency, we saw Donghae sitting outside the door. "Donghae!" Yoona rushed over and kneeled down beside Donghae. 

"Oh! Yoona!" Donghae looked up and smiled at Yoona. His eyes shifted up to me when he saw my shadow and he smiled up at me as well. "Hello, I'm Lee Donghae!" Donghae stood up and shook my hand. Yoona also stood up. 

"Hello... I'm Kim Ryeowook. I work with Yoona..." I introduced myself. I wasn't sure how much Yoona might've told him about me or how much she hadn't told about me. "Why don't we go in first?" 

We walked in and took a seat at the seating area. "So what...?" My voice drifted away when I saw Donghae sit down next to Yoona across from me. Why was he sitting there out of all places?

"You know who Donghae is right?" Yoona has an ecstatic look in her eyes. "He's part of SM entertainment! I'm a huge fan of him!" Yoona gushed. 

"Oh yeah, I know who Donghae is..." I stared directly at Yoona, and not at Donghae. 

"Donghae, why don't you tell Ryeowook about the girl..." Yoona suggested, sensing my gaze. 

"So, you see... I'm part of one of SM entertainment's bands, Super Junior. And there's this... woman in another one of the bands in SME who I dated during trainee years. We were a couple through high school, but were forced to break up when we became idols. She left the company recently... And I really want to find her." 

I nodded my head as I listened to every detail. I leaned forward in my seat until my fingers could reach the table located in the middle of the seating area. I tapped my fingers on the table, "So what's her name?" 

Donghae exchanged eye contact with Yoona which gave me an irked feeling. Then he looked straight at me. "You know SNSD's Jessica Jung?" At the sound of Jessica's name, I got a queasy feeling in my stomach. Jessica Jung... 

"She's the one." Donghae stated. 

My mouth turned into a frown. Jessica Jung? Jessica Jung was my ex-girlfriend...