Chapter 49: The Guy

Perfect for Me

        “Ryeowook, Kyuhyun and I are meeting Victoria and this guy for lunch later. Would it be okay if you came too?” Seohyun was begging me over the phone. And of course I agreed to go.

            I entered the restaurant with Yoona. This really was a fancy restaurant! It looked pretty expensive… I looked over at Yoona and I was sure that she was thinking the same thing as me. Luckily Seohyun and Kyuhyun said that they’d be treating us, so we wouldn’t have to worry about the bill… We looked around and saw Seohyun and Kyuhyun sitting at a table. There were two other people sitting with them, we figured that it was probably Victoria and her romantic obstacle.

            We walked over to the table and Seohyun gestured to two empty seats for us to sit at. I sat down next to the guy and Yoona sat down next to Victoria.

            “Let me introduce.” Seohyun stood up and pointed to me, “This is Ryeowook.” She pointed towards Yoona, “This is Yoona.” She gestured towards Victoria, “You all know Victoria; I’m Seohyun. That is Kyuhyun and Zhoumi.”

            Zhoumi… That didn’t sound like a Korean name. Was he Chinese? I noticed that Victoria was also Chinese.

            “Ryeowook works at a dating agency and he helps people with their romantic relationships. He is very helpful and helped me and Kyuhyun.” Seohyun looked at Kyuhyun and shared a smile with him, “Which is why we’re so in love…”she blushed.

            Victoria held Zhoumi’s hand and looked at me. It looked as if she didn’t remember me. She said something to Zhoumi in Chinese, so of course none of us understood. He nodded and replied back in Chinese. Were they going to do this the whole time?

            “We don’t need help with our relationship,” Victoria replied back to Seohyun in Korean. Seohyun looked around at Kyuhyun and me. She knew that Victoria was right, but she was still a bit worried.

            “I know, but how’d you two meet?” Seohyun met eye contact with Victoria. Victoria hadn’t ever told her the full story, but by what Seohyun had heard, she thought that it was a little bit ridiculous.

            Victoria looked around the table at the rest of us. “We mat on an online dating site.” She took Zhoumi’s hands. “You know how I’m always just sitting around, waiting for Seohyun to give me things to do? Well, I get bored okay… I’ve thought about quitting and finding something more interesting to do with my life… And I thought about my own life and how lonely and bored I was all by myself, especially since you found Kyuhyun and you two have been going steady, we haven’t spent much time together.” Victoria could feel everyone looking at her and listening intently. “I was browsing the web and then all of a sudden a pop-up filled the screen. It was a pop-up for a match-up site and I decided to just play around with it…”

            Zhoumi watched Victoria as she told the story.

            Victoria continued, “On the dating website, all you had to do was put in the type of guy you were looking for and then the site gave a bunch of guys to choose from. It was just so perfect that Zhoumi and me matched so well. We decided to meet up and when we did, we knew it was love.” Victoria put her hands together dreamily as she told the story.

            “Oh…” Seohyun looked down at her plate. Wow… Seohyun shifted her attention to me as if asking about what I thought.

            I looked over at Victoria and Zhoumi and stuffed a piece of steak into my mouth. I chewed really slowly and then took a sip of water. I’d just have to see.

            When we finished eating, Seohyun and Kyuhyun paid the bill and we all exited the restaurant. We walked out onto the sidewalk towards the parking lot. I watched as Zhoumi opened the car door for Victoria. To me, Zhoumi seemed like a good guy. I felt that Seohyun was just worrying for no reason. Those dating websites weren’t that bad… After all, I had once used it too… But that was a while back…

            “I think it should be fine,” I said as I walked to my car with Yoona by my side.

            “What should be fine?” Yoona questioned. She had no idea what I was talking about.

            I just smiled at her and opened the car door for her.